Are there ANY turbografx/PCE lovers in here?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

IronMaidenRule

Re: Are there ANY turbografx/PCE lovers in here?

Post by IronMaidenRule » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:28 am

Liamh1982 wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote:Keep looking out for a cheap console so I can play the game properly, but the prices are a little daft at the moment.
What price are you willing to pay?

Mine was £60 boxed (PAL model from Consolegoods), I doubt you're gonna get one cheaper than that at the moment.
That was around my price range, never heard of Consolegoods before, having a good look now!! Seemed to have sold out of the ones in that price bracket but will keep a check on the site....Thanks for the info :mrgreen:

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:55 am

Yeah, I think I may have got one of the last ones in that price bracket (the box had some slight damage - didn't bother me in the slightest, I bought it to play on). That would have been July last year - it may be worth e-mailing him, he doesn't update the site as often as he should to be honest.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:06 pm

Was lucky enough to find one on a local auction, a guy selling his collection, boxed console, multitap, four controllers and a few games to kickstart me.

Would like to pick up a second non boxed just to keep plugged in, and start getting some good titles in the library. The second R type needs to be snapped up to complete the game :wink: Then into some Sega classics. SFII, splatterhouse and NZ story are three on the to get list as well.

van

Post by van » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:18 pm

kiwimike wrote:Was lucky enough to find one on a local auction, a guy selling his collection, boxed console, multitap, four controllers and a few games to kickstart me.

Would like to pick up a second non boxed just to keep plugged in, and start getting some good titles in the library. The second R type needs to be snapped up to complete the game :wink: Then into some Sega classics. SFII, splatterhouse and NZ story are three on the to get list as well.

Why would you need a second one to "plug in"? Almost sounds like you are just keeping one in the box for no reason?

A few recent pick ups.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:40 pm

You're right Van, just thinking about it :lol: I'm going back to silly ways! The whole point of deciding to collect for one retro console was to remove clutter of a roomful, and here I am again thinking about building it all up again. Old habits die hard, easy to slip back into them again. Best to use the $$$ to get some decent titles for it :)

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:23 am

Here's my look at the great new TurboGrafx/PC Engine book by Sunteam!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXtYjvwfK2A

van

Post by van » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:26 am

Nice, Laird! I haven't picked up the book, but the PCE software bible is an essential website.

Big Shoes

Post by Big Shoes » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:02 am

I have a TurboGrafx 16 with an Everdrive, great piece of kit. I want to get another Turbo Express handheld too, I have had 2 in the past but have sold them for various reasons.

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:12 am

The Laird wrote:Here's my look at the great new TurboGrafx/PC Engine book by Sunteam!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXtYjvwfK2A
Looks great! Unluckily it seems you can't order the book anymore :(

Why care about the weather
It always ends in dark