Skyrim

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

weakboson

Re: Skyrim

Post by weakboson » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:40 pm

Ooh Legendary difficulty, forgot they added that since I last played. Are there any other changes apart from enemies doing more damage?

For me the entire game on master difficulty was become ethereal, walk up to any enemy, two handed power attack and the rest just sorts itself out.

crusto

Post by crusto » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:05 pm

Okay Skyrim folk I've got a question....on smithing.

For starters, I'm at level 100 for the skill and have all the perks.

I currently have the dragon scale armor (legendary) and it's rating is about 138. My lad wants the dragon plate armour sprucing up but I can't get it anywhere near the value of the scale armour. I wear all the right stuff that improves my smithing by x amount, drink powerful potions etc before I try to improve it but no joy, I can only get it just above 100. I can't remember how I got my scale armour so high up before as I done it over a year ago. Just wtf am I doing wrong lol?

Eat your nans pants

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:18 am

It also factors your Armour perks in so if you haven't got much invested in Heavy Armour it won't rate anywhere nearly as high as Light Armour if you've got a lot invested in that.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:32 am

crusto wrote:Okay Skyrim folk I've got a question....on smithing.

For starters, I'm at level 100 for the skill and have all the perks.

I currently have the dragon scale armor (legendary) and it's rating is about 138. My lad wants the dragon plate armour sprucing up but I can't get it anywhere near the value of the scale armour. I wear all the right stuff that improves my smithing by x amount, drink powerful potions etc before I try to improve it but no joy, I can only get it just above 100. I can't remember how I got my scale armour so high up before as I done it over a year ago. Just wtf am I doing wrong lol?
You have got 4 items of armour with enhance smithing on, right (I think the smithing enchant goes on gloves, armour, ring and hat but I'm not sure)? The highest you can get is 25% per item (with max enchanting). So you suit up with your armour making armour, drink enhance restoration potion then a smithing potion and knock up what is the maximum armour you can make in the game.

That said? there isn't a limit on how high you can get any armour/enchantment IF you know how to do it. You can combine restoration potions with enchanting/smithing potions to creat limitless stuff but it's a cheat really. You could however use it within reason, say if you just want a specific item at 138 rating? just do it a little bit LOL. I alway use the restoration/enchant combo to create an item with massive fortify carry just to stop me having to go back and forth looting.

I hope that makes sense, if not let me know and I'll put Skyrim on and write a step by step guide ...... I'd rather not though because once Skyrim goes in the tray? it doesn't come out.