Why are nintendo fans

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

HalcyonDaze00

Why are nintendo fans

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:28 pm

so fcuking soft? (apart from being mostly women and children)

Yet again we have a nintendo thread for "positive comments" only, its ridiculous.

Plenty of games/machines get a kicking on here, im a huge COD fan and it doesn't bother me in the slightest that is get loads of abuse, ive seen the Amstrad get slaughtered, the FIFA games, wrestling games, the awful Jag, the list goes on, what I never see is positive only threads for these topics (and rightly so).

It seems nintendo is like some kind of protected species to be talked of only in glowing terms, why can't the nintendo fans deal with negative comments like the fans of everything esle do?

The Laird

Re: Why are nintendo fans

Post by The Laird » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:31 pm

I think this is the first intelligent post you have ever made on this forum! :shock:

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:46 pm

I started the UTI thread because of the 'pweeeeese don't come in our Wii thread' crap - what annoyed me was the fact there were already 2 Wii threads which I don't go in anyway. Too many censored ass cookin mamas :D

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:53 pm

Each to their own, Live and let live! :wink:

Kind of know what you mean, it is a discussion forum and many other consoles/computers/companies get taken the mick out of...so as long as things don't get too nasty IMO it's probably fair game. But I also don't mind if Ninty owners only want a specific topic for themselves for fans and no anti Nintendoites in it...as long as it isn't a double standard and Atari fans, Sega fans etc can have their own specific 'fans only' topics too.

But ultimately, I think all fans should pull together and just get stuck into Blaze/Xploder :lol:

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:01 pm

Because the Wii U is a technical marvel, everything else is not.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:02 pm

I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, we'll do our best to grow a spine from now on though, ok?
Splink!

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:17 pm

felgekarp wrote:I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, we'll do our best to grow a spine from now on though, ok?
How many are you?

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:30 pm

I guess they didn't want to see another Nintendo thread that inevitably gets derailed? I don't see it as much of a problem as long as it doesn't start happening with every console specific thread.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

r0jaws

Post by r0jaws » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:56 pm

Maybe they're just sick of 30/40 year old men and their opinions/ attempts at humour, masquerading as banter? It's not an unreasonable position to take. Some of the guys on here are pricks.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:20 pm

To put it in a 4Chan way

>Getting angry at other people opinions

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:29 pm

r0jaws wrote:Maybe they're just sick of 30/40 year old men and their opinions/ attempts at humour, masquerading as banter? It's not an unreasonable position to take. Some of the guys on here are pricks.
No one is ever sick of that

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:45 pm

Well, I've got as much of a sense of humour as the next person. Even more so, in a lot of cases. But when I see pages of pages of negative crap from the same people over and over again, whole negative reviews of games from other websites just copied and pasted as is just to blatently annoy people, more lengthy posts about console specs that I can easily look up on Wikipedia (if I actually give a sh!t) and other stuff like that, it goes beyond just poking fun and right over the line into trolling.

I honestly don't care if anybody thinks Nintendo's sh!te and tells me so and a lot of anti Nintendo jokes are really funny. I do care if they're only doing it to wind other people up though and they just keep going on and on and on and on and on about it until they get a reaction, then try to say 'It wasn't me guv, I didn't do it or say anything' when an arguement kicks off.

You people know that's the kind of things going on here, and the people who are doing it. I can't be the only one seeing it. :?
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:56 pm

I dunno if the WiiU thread was to stop all negative comments, just aimed at those with one and maybe an easier place to add usernames/thoughts on the games (that's how I used it anyhow). I'm in no way a Nintendo fan, if there's a thread which makes the exchange of info easier than the 70 odd page thread that already exists I don't think there's a problem with that. Whilst their might be some Ninty fanboys on here, and some with a strong disliking for them as well I don't think most of us here give a crap either way and just want an easier thread to look at. The irony that the extra WiiU thread has now started 2 more threads about it can't be lost on everyone here though....

I learnt many years ago that most people here have awful taste in games and like to moan about COD and many other things I like, I don't mind the negative comments and bullying of those of us with good taste, I just think it's a shame that none of you will ever experience the glory that is my taste in games.

;)

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:04 pm

I don't think there is any need for 382746287346283746 Wii threads and as such made my voice heard

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:10 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:... negative crap from the same people
... negative reviews of games from other websites
... as is just to blatently annoy people
... posts about console specs
It would appear certain individuals here would be much happier if the forum had,

- gushing crap about Ninty from the same people
- gushing reviews of Ninty games from other websites
- as if just to blatantly annoy people and offend freedom of speech
- no posts about console specs in the instance a Ninty console has mediocre specs
HalcyonDaze00 wrote:It seems nintendo is like some kind of protected species to be talked of only in glowing terms, why can't the nintendo fans deal with negative comments like the fans of everything esle do?
Quoted for truth.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac