Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

pratty

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by pratty » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:21 pm

Excellent, I'll pick up Mario and Pikmin for sure.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:43 pm

Finally took the plastic off of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE today and ploughed some hours into it. Wow: what a game! Very Persona-like with enough unique elements to make it stand apart as its own game. The Fire Emblem elements are incorporated nicely and I'm enjoying the story and characters. Battle system is really fun too.

I'd stayed away from spoilers and gameplay videos so I didn't really know what to expect but I'm pleasantly surprised :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ALK

Post by ALK » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:16 am

The eShop is having a big ol' Halloween sale starting this week for 2 weeks which includes Virtual Console titles too as well as newer games.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/1 ... ber_europe
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

killbot

Post by killbot » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:29 pm

So what's actually left to come out? Zelda, Yuka-Laylee, the remastered Darksiders... is that it for big name stuff?

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:50 pm

Aside from Shantae Half Genie Hero (Which is getting a physical release in the US, Euro physical still being discussed), the Wonder Boy remake and a zillion eShop shovelware, that looks to be it.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:14 pm

My Scottish friend saw some bargains in her local Tesco, Twilight Princess for £12.50 and Mario Kart 8 for £14.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Analog

Post by Analog » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:24 pm

Megamixer wrote:Finally took the plastic off of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE today and ploughed some hours into it. Wow: what a game! Very Persona-like with enough unique elements to make it stand apart as its own game. The Fire Emblem elements are incorporated nicely and I'm enjoying the story and characters. Battle system is really fun too.

I'd stayed away from spoilers and gameplay videos so I didn't really know what to expect but I'm pleasantly surprised :)
that's nice to know, I couldn't decide whether this one is for me or not. hopefully i'll pick this one up after I get crimbo out of the way. :)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:33 am

Analog wrote:
Megamixer wrote:Finally took the plastic off of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE today and ploughed some hours into it. Wow: what a game! Very Persona-like with enough unique elements to make it stand apart as its own game. The Fire Emblem elements are incorporated nicely and I'm enjoying the story and characters. Battle system is really fun too.

that's nice to know, I couldn't decide whether this one is for me or not. hopefully i'll pick this one up after I get crimbo out of the way. :)
I did a bit more of detailed write-up on my thoughts so far here if you are interested. The second half is a big rant about the censorship applied to the Western release but you can stop reading before that point and just read about the game.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Analog

Post by Analog » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:22 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Analog wrote:

I did a bit more of detailed write-up on my thoughts so far here if you are interested. The second half is a big rant about the censorship applied to the Western release but you can stop reading before that point and just read about the game.
good stuff, will give it a read (rant included). :mrgreen:

Nautical Rudie

Post by Nautical Rudie » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:43 am

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... cal-issues

Yooka-Laylee cancelled for Wii U. Gutted but not overly surprised, was looking forward to this a lot and due to my increasing lack of gaming time I probably won't be upgrading for the foreseeable future :(
3DS Friend Code: 0130-1873-6926. Give me a shout if you add me!

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:31 am

Guess it makes sense. Still, the Switch will now have a Mario platformer and a Banjo-like game in the space of the first year at least like the ol' N64 rivalry. :lol:

On the plus side, Shantae Half Genie Hero will be released digitally next week on Wii U, XBONE, PS4 and Vita, though the European Wii U confirmation is still "being discussed". :roll:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Spiff

Post by Spiff » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:26 pm

I'm probably getting a Switch, but might switch to PS4 for Yooka-Laylee to be on the safe side.

killbot

Post by killbot » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:27 am

Wii U releases are being cancelled all over the place and moved to Switch. Are Bloodstained and Darksiders still coming? After Shantae they're pretty much it for me, the only game I'm interested in after that is Zelda, and I may well get that on Switch instead unless that version is massively delayed or something.

There are still a few older games I'm planning on picking up for Wii U. I would like to play Axiom Verge and I remain curious about Devil's Third despite its lukewarm reception. I might see if they're on offer on the eShop over Christmas/New Year. That aside I'm about done with buying new games for the system, though I still have a sizeable pile of games I've yet to play. I recently finished Color Splash, which I really enjoyed.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:04 pm

killbot wrote:Wii U releases are being cancelled all over the place and moved to Switch. Are Bloodstained and Darksiders still coming? After Shantae they're pretty much it for me, the only game I'm interested in after that is Zelda, and I may well get that on Switch instead unless that version is massively delayed or something.

There are still a few older games I'm planning on picking up for Wii U. I would like to play Axiom Verge and I remain curious about Devil's Third despite its lukewarm reception. I might see if they're on offer on the eShop over Christmas/New Year. That aside I'm about done with buying new games for the system, though I still have a sizeable pile of games I've yet to play. I recently finished Color Splash, which I really enjoyed.
Think Bloodstained they said something along the lines of "We have to consider what systems will be around in the future" regarding the Wii U port. Darksiders is still listed only as "delayed" though with it just being the Wii U version that's delayed.....yeah.

On a related note, they added Excitebots to the American eShop today. That would be nice if they put it on our eShop considering it was never released here....
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

batman877

Post by batman877 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:38 am

Upcoming physical Wii U games:

Minecraft Story Mode - The Complete Adventure (out today)
Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (31 December 2016)
Zelda Breath of the Wild (March/April 2017)

Nothing else on the horizon except downloadable indie games.

Some good news though... Pikmin 2 (Wii version) has just been released on the e-shop (both original Gamecube and Wii version are expensive these days)