Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ALK

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by ALK » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:49 pm

That Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE game along with a limited edition is up for preorder on the Nintendo store.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games/wii-u ... _id=233257
Street Fighter IV 3D, Rhythm Thief, Retro City Rampage for the 3DS, Darksiders 2, Affordable Space Adventures and Freedom Planet for the Wii U, and Shantae and the Pirates Curse and Citizens of Earth for both, with more games possibly to come, for less than nine quid? That's pretty awesome.
Apparently the other games coming in the bundle will arrive on Tuesday around 7pm. If you paid the average, you'll get them at no extra cost.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:07 pm

ALK wrote:
Street Fighter IV 3D, Rhythm Thief, Retro City Rampage for the 3DS, Darksiders 2, Affordable Space Adventures and Freedom Planet for the Wii U, and Shantae and the Pirates Curse and Citizens of Earth for both, with more games possibly to come, for less than nine quid? That's pretty awesome.
Apparently the other games coming in the bundle will arrive on Tuesday around 7pm. If you paid the average, you'll get them at no extra cost.
It's an absolute steal this at 9 quid!

Every Wii U & 3DS owner should be all over it
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:34 am

I'm holding out for now, just because I don't have a 3ds... if Retro City Rampage had been for Wii U as well, I'd be all over it by now.
Alreay wanted Shantae... got Darksiders 2 for the ps3 though. Might change my mind when I see what the extra content is I suppose.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:35 am

ALK wrote:That Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE game along with a limited edition is up for preorder on the Nintendo store.

Well call me an idiot and ridicule me forever - but how do I go about buying these? Is there an option on the Nintendo shop or do I buy through that link which gives me some redeemable code I input in Nintendo Store? I really really want Shantae espicaly for that price:)
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:43 am

Shinobi wrote:
ALK wrote:That Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE game along with a limited edition is up for preorder on the Nintendo store.

Well call me an idiot and ridicule me forever - but how do I go about buying these? Is there an option on the Nintendo shop or do I buy through that link which gives me some redeemable code I input in Nintendo Store? I really really want Shantae espicaly for that price:)
https://www.humblebundle.com/friends-of ... o-3ds-wiiu

That's the link you want mate.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:03 pm

[quote="Treguard"]That Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE game along with a limited edition is up for preorder on the Nintendo store.

[quote]Street Fighter IV 3D, Rhythm Thief, Retro City Rampage for the 3DS, Darksiders 2, Affordable Space Adventures and Freedom Planet for the Wii U, and Shantae and the Pi
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:14 pm

I don't normally bother with downloadable games, but gave the humble bundle a try.

Meant to try the games out but put Freedom planet on and ended up playing that for over 2 hours. Great game.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:59 am

I'm starting to warm to Star Fox 0 more. I'm still not a fan of the gyro controls but I am enjoying many of the levels more now that I'm going for all the medals. I've managed to get the top score on some of the levels and am not to far away from doing the same for Titania. Some of the medals are really well hidden though, the kind of things I'd not figure out without a guide...
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ALK

Post by ALK » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:33 pm

I've seen suggestions of depending on how you're sitting to just rest the gamepad on your knee to avoid accidentally activating the motion controls which has seemed to work better for me, as well as suggestions of using the - button to switch screens on the TV back and forth a time too.

I have appreciated the game more into my postgame time but boy, that learning curve is pretty demanding for first time players...
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:42 pm

ALK wrote:I've seen suggestions of depending on how you're sitting to just rest the gamepad on your knee to avoid accidentally activating the motion controls which has seemed to work better for me, as well as suggestions of using the - button to switch screens on the TV back and forth a time too.

I have appreciated the game more into my postgame time but boy, that learning curve is pretty demanding for first time players...
Yyeah, I was thinking about the learning curve as well. Its not that the game is tough on first time players to an extent, but if you want to clear certain paths/optional bosses and a few medals you need to know your stuff, only after really hammering the game over the last day or so have I really started to get to grips with the game.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue May 03, 2016 10:12 am

Super Meat Boy is coming to the eShop next week. The developer also hinted a possible 3DS version in the works as well.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue May 03, 2016 2:58 pm

3 more games added for the Humble Bundle, they are Runbow, Swords & Soldiers II and Nano Assault EX (3DS).

Sweet, 3 more games I don't already own. :D
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

killbot

Post by killbot » Tue May 03, 2016 5:40 pm

Just paid my $13, where do I get the download codes? They don't seem to be in the confirmation email...

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue May 03, 2016 7:07 pm

There should be a link in the email that sends you to a page where all your codes are listed.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

killbot

Post by killbot » Tue May 03, 2016 7:28 pm

ALK wrote:There should be a link in the email that sends you to a page where all your codes are listed.
Nope. Tried to use the resender and no email appeared. I've emailed support so hopefully get an answer soon.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360