Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

User avatar
TheNewMonkey
Posts: 1997
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by TheNewMonkey » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:13 pm

the_hawk wrote:Nope, it's £14.99 for the game & the "SPEND10" code gets you a fiver off, so I got it for £10.

(well £9.66 as it was £14.66 at the time, but it's since gone up to £14.99)
for some reason I read Mario bro as smash bros! :?

anyway yeah its a good game, I you like it then give the luigi bros game a go, its more of the same but a lot tougher :D
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

Montytom
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:19 am

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by Montytom » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:40 am

ALK wrote:Some nice pick ups there. ;) You might wanna wait till next week to pick up anything else since even though its an American tradition, some UK stores will partake in the Black Friday/Cyber Sunday madness. ;)

Really gotta take a pic of my collection at some point for you guys. Not gonna lie, you're not gonna like the sheer amount of downloads I've made.... :lol:
Thankyou i will do that. Its just hard when you have money in your pocket
Image

User avatar
Fightersmegamix
Posts: 3425
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 1:41 pm

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by Fightersmegamix » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:28 am

Finally got around to starting bayonetta 2, really good so far. The game seems very similar to the original but that's no bad thing. Getting a few platinum medals on normal but if you miss a few fights out or get one bronze the whole grade drops through the floor. Early days, can see this getting a few play throughs.

ALK
Posts: 2952
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:01 am

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by ALK » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:36 pm

Well, Amazon seem to think ZombiU 2 is happening and Namco are the publisher.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/1 ... _for_wii_u

Best grab that truck load of salt...
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ALK
Posts: 2952
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:01 am

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by ALK » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:53 pm

Speaking of which, Amazon UK are offering discount 8GB model bundles if again storage or colour does not concern you...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/1 ... _u_bundles
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

User avatar
slacey1070
Posts: 2837
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:20 am

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by slacey1070 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:17 pm

Your help please gents. It looks like I'll have a wii u for Xmas. .. 8gb. What accessories do I need and will I need a pro controller. .?? Or is game pad and wii controller good enough?
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

ALK
Posts: 2952
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:01 am

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by ALK » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:16 pm

slacey1070 wrote:Your help please gents. It looks like I'll have a wii u for Xmas. .. 8gb. What accessories do I need and will I need a pro controller. .?? Or is game pad and wii controller good enough?
Pro controller is only if you want a traditional controller to play with instead of the gamepad all the time and multiplayer. I'd recommend one for games like Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden 3.

Wii remote is however required if you want to play original Wii games on the Wii U.

If you're going to download games, you WILL need an extenal Harddrive especially if you have the 8GB model (Which after updates, its more like 3GB). Any harddrive should work long as its powered by a plug and its no more then 2TB, though you can connect 2 at the same time. USB Memory Sticks seem to work too, however Nintendo advises against that in-case of data loss.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

User avatar
slacey1070
Posts: 2837
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:20 am

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by slacey1070 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:42 am

That's great - thanks... will probably stick with the gamepad, with wii controller for multi-player - for now!

OK - I have a USB for now - I will get a drive if I need it later....

I've got a few games to play, NSMB, Super Mario World 3d, Mario kart 8, Nintendoland, wii party and wind waker... anything else I should get???
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

User avatar
Fightersmegamix
Posts: 3425
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 1:41 pm

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:21 pm

You don't need an externally powered hard drive. A standard external hard drive with a Y splitter cable will work. As wii u uses USB2 there isn't enough electrical power available for the drive. However, the splitter cable plugs into two USB's at the same time (at the back). Together they provide enough power. You can therefore choose a much smaller, cooler looking hard drive without all the cables. The leads are about £4 on amazon. Doubt you'll ever need more than a 500 gig drive through.

I'd recommend a larger battery for the pad, about £25 but saves on constant charging.

I bought the basic model as I preferred the white colour, but it works out much cheaper.

User avatar
slacey1070
Posts: 2837
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:20 am

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by slacey1070 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:57 pm

Fightersmegamix wrote:You don't need an externally powered hard drive. A standard external hard drive with a Y splitter cable will work. As wii u uses USB2 there isn't enough electrical power available for the drive. However, the splitter cable plugs into two USB's at the same time (at the back). Together they provide enough power. You can therefore choose a much smaller, cooler looking hard drive without all the cables. The leads are about £4 on amazon. Doubt you'll ever need more than a 500 gig drive through.

I'd recommend a larger battery for the pad, about £25 but saves on constant charging.

I bought the basic model as I preferred the white colour, but it works out much cheaper.
Great - that's useful, thanks.... I need to look into a drive of some sort, as I expect I'll be downloading stuff (like Shovel Knight)... See how it goes over Xmas.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

User avatar
ArchaicKoala
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:52 am

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by ArchaicKoala » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:49 am

So is anyone else getting Smash Bros for Wii U today?

I've got it on pre-order with the Game Cube adapter, it should arrive today according to the dispatch note I received from Amazon.

ALK
Posts: 2952
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:01 am

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by ALK » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:27 am

Apparently the Adapter is in very short supply, so just about everyone has it on backorder or are selling it for about double or more on ebay.

What sucks is my order was canceled due to a declined card, so figured I'd just pop into my local Game since I was up 8am anyway. Not so much luck, they already had no GC adapter so after a track round the high street, just gave up and settled for the game, hoping there'd be some adapters online but alas, nothing but resellers. ><

Oh well, hats off to anyone lucky enough to nab one...
Last edited by ALK on Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

User avatar
Fightersmegamix
Posts: 3425
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 1:41 pm

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by Fightersmegamix » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:41 am

I'm sure some Hong Kong sellers will have unofficial adaptors on ebay in no time.

User avatar
killbot
Posts: 4824
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 5:36 am

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by killbot » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:00 pm

ALK wrote:Well, Amazon seem to think ZombiU 2 is happening and Namco are the publisher.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/1 ... _for_wii_u

Best grab that truck load of salt...
I'd be quite happy if there was a sequel. The first was a very interesting game with lots of innovative mechanics that really used the Wii U well. Very underrated.
Image

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

LAIS
Posts: 746
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by LAIS » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:46 am

ALK wrote:Apparently the Adapter is in very short supply, so just about everyone has it on backorder or are selling it for about double or more on ebay.

What sucks is my order was canceled due to a declined card, so figured I'd just pop into my local Game since I was up 8am anyway. Not so much luck, they already had no GC adapter so after a track round the high street, just gave up and settled for the game, hoping there'd be some adapters online but alas, nothing but resellers. ><

Oh well, hats off to anyone lucky enough to nab one...
Yeah, my pre-order from Amazon didn't dispatch, and the due date changed to the 19th of December. I cancelled and got it in Argos instead (without the adapter, I couldn't get that)

I'm pretty used to playing it on the Wii U pad now, so I'm not particularly fussed. The nostalgia of the Gamecube controller would have been nice, but never mind.

Contemplating getting New Super Luigi U? It looks like a rock-solid almost Meat Boy style game...I like that kind of thing. What does everyone think of it?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest