Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Fightersmegamix

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:57 am

Why bother with a sale at those prices? They need to be about a third of that price.

djslope

Post by djslope » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:26 pm

I have just got Last of us remastered on the PS4 and have played through infamous second son
on the xbone I have peggle and trials and that's it
my wii U is easily my fav of all 3, i still cant progress in last of us cos I'm still trying to finish all the missions in pikmin 3, both marios are great, mario kart great, wii party u is ok as is nintendoland and i really really enjoyed zombie U such a shame they will not make another

killbot

Post by killbot » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:11 pm

Fightersmegamix wrote:I'm going to buy hyrule warriors, it could be the game to open up the genre, or damage the Zelda franchise, one of those.
The fact that they've left the Zelda bit out of the title is a sure sign that they're trying to position it as a Link's Crossbow Shooting-style spin-off and not a 'proper' Zelda game, presumably so that in the event that it sucks it will minimise damage to the series' good name.
Why bother with a sale at those prices? They need to be about a third of that price.
In the sale, NES games are about £1.50 and SNES games are about £2.50. I think that's about right for those titles, actually. If they were that price all the time it would certainly encourage me to buy more (I have many of them for the original console or on Wii VC but the convenience of being able to play them in my living room at the touch of a button would be very tempting...)

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:24 pm

Any word on when they're gonna get iplayer for the Wii U it's a bit rubbish they had it on the Wii, but not the upgrade.

Our "smart" tele's Internet is jiggered (not so smart now, eh?) and I can't be annoyed getting Chromecast or the like, I think the only thing I'd use it for would be iplayer anyway & I can't be annoyed with another remote control or another thing poking out of the tele.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:27 pm

killbot wrote:
Fightersmegamix wrote:I'm going to buy hyrule warriors, it could be the game to open up the genre, or damage the Zelda franchise, one of those.
The fact that they've left the Zelda bit out of the title is a sure sign that they're trying to position it as a Link's Crossbow Shooting-style spin-off and not a 'proper' Zelda game, presumably so that in the event that it sucks it will minimise damage to the series' good name.
Its a "_____ Warriors" game.
You either like or hate them.

The CD-i ones have already damaged it, but not by much

ALK

Post by ALK » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:44 pm

the_hawk wrote:Any word on when they're gonna get iplayer for the Wii U it's a bit rubbish they had it on the Wii, but not the upgrade.

Our "smart" tele's Internet is jiggered (not so smart now, eh?) and I can't be annoyed getting Chromecast or the like, I think the only thing I'd use it for would be iplayer anyway & I can't be annoyed with another remote control or another thing poking out of the tele.
They said they were working on iPlayer at one point. XBONE's getting it before the end of the year, so could possibly show up around then...
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:02 am

I watched the hyrule warriors direct, that's enough to convince me. I'm not too sure about adventure mode, it sounds like an excuse to replay levels and drag it out as there are only 9 or 10 characters, but the rest looks great. Just enough Zelda to keep it interesting.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:04 am

Also, no COD or assassins creed this year so that's almost it for third party support. It will make little difference to anyone who also owns an xbox or playstation but there's not much there for wii-u only owners (of which there must be few?)

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:31 pm

Fightersmegamix wrote:Also, no COD or assassins creed this year so that's almost it for third party support. It will make little difference to anyone who also owns an xbox or playstation but there's not much there for wii-u only owners (of which there must be few?)
Well "mature" titles anyway, we'll still get the kiddy/family games (Just Dance, Skylanders, etc.) from those companies.

Guess it's up to Bayonetta 2 and Devil's Third to bring back the "mature" stuff...

Speaking of Skylanders, the download version of Disney Infinity is now free on the American eShop so it'll probably be free here soon too. Saves a little money for an already expensive venture at least...
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:32 am

Pokken Tournament, a Tekken meets Pokemon fighting game, was revealed today.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/0 ... tournament

Arcade only for the time being, but it was hinted a console version "could come later" so, take that as you will...

Also another Nintendo Direct focusing on Smash Bros is due to air on Friday. Probably just to confirm all the leaks, but hopefully a date for the Wii U version as well...
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ALK

Post by ALK » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:42 am

A Direct focusing on Bayonetta 2 will air tomorrow at 11pm. No doubt a date and nothing other neato features revealed.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:23 pm

Amiibo has been priced at £10.99 a pop.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/0 ... _confirmed

Not too bad I guess, plus they're bound to go down in price as Game'll need to make more room for future figures, as well as filling up with tons of used ones like Skylanders and Disney... :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:39 am

ALK wrote:Amiibo has been priced at £10.99 a pop.

Not too bad I guess, plus they're bound to go down in price as Game'll need to make more room for future figures, as well as filling up with tons of used ones like Skylanders and Disney... :lol:
Probably not. £10.99 keeps them in line with Disney Infinity and Skylanders, so unless the tank at retail I wouldn't expect to see much in the way of any price reductions.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:52 am

I see second hand Skylanders and Disney figures pop up all the time in stores like Game and Cash Converters around the £8 mark, so I'd imagine after a few months, some used Amiibos will start to pop up, as well as the occasional sales where £1-2 has been deduced for awhile.

Bayonetta 2's been dated for October 24th and will come in 3 editions/ Single game, bundle with 1 and 2 each in their own disc and case, and a limited edition in a nice box and artbook, limited to 15,300 copies for Europe and another GAME exclusive.

3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:07 am

Just downloaded the free Mario 8 cars and I see Link,Cat Peach and the Animal crossing characters are showing up but not selectable just says "Coming soon" Got gold on all every cup and unlocked gold cart so looking forward to having some more tracks to race on..

I see Vanillia editions of Bayonetta 2 and Hyrule Warriors are £31.99 on Amazon censored seems we are getting 3 versions of Bayonetta 2, Normal, double pack with Bayonetta 1 and a deluxe special edition with artbook and what not
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"