Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Roo

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by Roo » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:02 pm

samhain81 = DreamcastRIP 2014.

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:31 pm

Roo wrote:samhain81 = DreamcastRIP 2014.
Where is that guy by the way? Dude done a disappearing act

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:34 pm

samhain81 wrote:
Roo wrote:samhain81 = DreamcastRIP 2014.
Where is that guy by the way? Dude done a disappearing act
He got banned ages ago.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:06 pm

samhain81 wrote:Been trying to get money onto my eshop account for the past 2 hours, and Nintendo have made it a mission impossible to use any type of debit or credit card for the eshop (despite saying otherwise). I can't even purchase a download voucher for the same value as they are all sold out and rare as hens teeth because of the aforementioned problem.
What kind of card are you trying to use? The Wii E-shop, 3DS E-shop and Wii U E-shop have all accepted my HSBC debit card details fine with no problems whatsoever.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Yeah they instantly accepted my debit card and actually gave me an option not to have my details stored which was nice. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

ALK

Post by ALK » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:49 pm

Can't say my card's ever had problems (Except times when I've had no money on it).
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

killbot

Post by killbot » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:51 pm

According to VG Chartz, these are the sales numbers for the week before Christmas (worldwide):

PS4 - 656,655
Wii U - 319,860
Xbox One - 307,366

Okay, Xbox isn't sold in Japan yet but that barely matters anyway because the Xbox brand barely registers there so it's doubtful they'd get significantly higher numbers if they were. But for Nintendo to outsell at least one of their major competitors in such a crucial week must be a real fillip for them. MS must be wondering what's going wrong looking at those numbers - selling less than half of what Sony are doing and being beaten by a console that many commentators have already written off as a Dreamcast sized disaster is not going to make for good PR...

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

ALK

Post by ALK » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:16 pm

Not too shabby. I didnt expect Nintendo to topple either, but yeah that's pretty good.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

sirpigmeat

Post by sirpigmeat » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:32 pm

samhain81 wrote:Had my Wii U for a few days now, and already can't stand the thing.

Been trying to get money onto my eshop account for the past 2 hours, and Nintendo have made it a mission impossible to use any type of debit or credit card for the eshop (despite saying otherwise). I can't even purchase a download voucher for the same value as they are all sold out and rare as hens teeth because of the aforementioned problem.

Oh please please Nintendo, let me buy your ridiculously overpriced digital rehashes of 25 year old software.

Thank you Nintendo. You have really made me realise just how backwards a company you are, and I wish nothing but a slow and painful death in the industry now.
Theirs always gonna be a few people that have problems with systems like this... Its a little unfair to put down one company for the kind of problems they all can suffer from. Although its hard to be fair when you're frustrated at something not doing what its supposed to. My wiiU went wrong just before Xmas and I was real pissed about it... especially since 80 percent of my presents were gonna be wiiU games! If Nintendo hadn't been so quick to sort it out and get it to me (about 2 day before christmas) I'd a really lost my rag with them... All forgotten now though as I bask in the joy that is Pikmin 3...

killbot

Post by killbot » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:38 pm

sirpigmeat wrote:
samhain81 wrote:Had my Wii U for a few days now, and already can't stand the thing.

Been trying to get money onto my eshop account for the past 2 hours, and Nintendo have made it a mission impossible to use any type of debit or credit card for the eshop (despite saying otherwise). I can't even purchase a download voucher for the same value as they are all sold out and rare as hens teeth because of the aforementioned problem.

Oh please please Nintendo, let me buy your ridiculously overpriced digital rehashes of 25 year old software.

Thank you Nintendo. You have really made me realise just how backwards a company you are, and I wish nothing but a slow and painful death in the industry now.
Theirs always gonna be a few people that have problems with systems like this... Its a little unfair to put down one company for the kind of problems they all can suffer from. Although its hard to be fair when you're frustrated at something not doing what its supposed to. My wiiU went wrong just before Xmas and I was real pissed about it... especially since 80 percent of my presents were gonna be wiiU games! If Nintendo hadn't been so quick to sort it out and get it to me (about 2 day before christmas) I'd a really lost my rag with them... All forgotten now though as I bask in the joy that is Pikmin 3...
Yeah, it seems a bit harsh to wish death on Nintendo because the eShop went down temporarily. I'm sure both PSN and XBLA have been down onnce or twice over the years. Besides, how fickle do you have to be to spend £200 on a new console then immediately fall out of love - to the extent of wishing death on it -with it because the online service developed a fault?

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:34 pm

killbot wrote:I'm sure both PSN and XBLA have been down once or twice over the years.
I'm sure you know this already, but that's a bit of an understatement. :lol:

Numerous people's XBL accounts have been hacked, there was a major scam not so long back where hackers were using people's card details to buy FIFA related content.

PSN has had numerous outages and even went down for an entire month back in 2011 when it was hacked.

As soon as there's a single problem with anything Nintendo related though....NINTENDO MUST DIE!!! :evil:
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

sirpigmeat

Post by sirpigmeat » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:30 am

ToxieDogg wrote:
killbot wrote:I'm sure both PSN and XBLA have been down once or twice over the years.
I'm sure you know this already, but that's a bit of an understatement. :lol:

Numerous people's XBL accounts have been hacked, there was a major scam not so long back where hackers were using people's card details to buy FIFA related content.

PSN has had numerous outages and even went down for an entire month back in 2011 when it was hacked.

As soon as there's a single problem with anything Nintendo related though....NINTENDO MUST DIE!!! :evil:
As a Nintendo fan it can seem a little one sided, although I did see someone call Sony an evil soul destroying corporation or something, because of the whole hacking thing. I said the same to him, problems will occur. it just depends on how these companies deal with things. The fella badmouthing Sony felt that they waited too long to inform their clients about losing their info... don't know if that's true or not, if they intentionally held back, that's bad, if they just panicked and dropped the ball that's a different matter or maybe their was no possible way to do it any quicker?
I know Nintendo have an excellent customer service record, I especially like the way they give freebies to early system purchasers when they do a price drop, they dealt with my problem very well, i'm sure they'd have dealt with this fellas problem to if he'd given them a chance.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:13 am

I got the 2550mA battery for xmas - nice suprise :) Not had much chance to use it yet but what struck me when replacing the battery is the difference in size between new and old. There is a a huge space with a small battery in the back of the controller, nintendo obviously had this upgrade planned all along. A pity they didn't go with the bigger battery in the first place.

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:20 pm

Fightersmegamix wrote:I got the 2550mA battery for xmas - nice suprise :) Not had much chance to use it yet but what struck me when replacing the battery is the difference in size between new and old. There is a a huge space with a small battery in the back of the controller, nintendo obviously had this upgrade planned all along. A pity they didn't go with the bigger battery in the first place.
True, but that would of bumped the console price even further by an extra £10-20 or whatever the retailers would feel like. :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:54 am

I completed Super Mario 3D World at the weekend as close to 100% as I could (can't be bothered to replay the game as the other four characters just yet). Its an excellent game in my opinion, the level design is nice and varied so I never really felt I was playing the same level twice (bar the levels which were remixes) and the cat power up was a nice new addition to Mario's library. The boss fights were a breath of fresh air compared to the last couple of Mario games which were very simple. The difficulty on the whole I felt was still a tad easy in places but the later levels were better for me and the hidden collectables throughout the game were hidden very well and had me exploring the levels high and low to find them all.
The final level was a suitable challenge, took me quite a few tries to clear it but when I did finally finish it I did so without getting hit which I was proud of! I'm actually impressed that they managed to make something harder than 3D Lands final level! Also a general note on the hidden levels, they had a really nice quanitity of them, I really did think that the game was never going to end at one stage!

My only dislike on the game were the Captain Toad levels. I felt the camera angles hindered my enjoyment too much as it was a pain in the ass to see what was going on at points, especially on the final level with strict timing in several places.

Still, this ended up as my favourite Wii U game so far (with Pikmin 3 and NES Remix close behind). I'm tempted to get Zelda or Sonic once my backlog clears up slightly (or just wait until Smash Bros and Bayonetta are released).
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*