Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

TheNewMonkey

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by TheNewMonkey » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Mario 3D World finally arrived from GAME, a couple of days late, it also came with none of the pre order stuff and just to top it off they charged me £45 when it should been £43 as the price dropped well before my pre order was dispatched!! I've sent them an email which I think they've completely ignored, useless twats!

Did this happen to anyone else?

The game itself is amazing, so many unique levels and the new power ups are class, especially that cherry! I think im upto world 5 now, slowly making my way through each level trying to get all the green stars, stamps and reach the top of the flagpole along the way :D
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:47 pm

Yup, I got no pre-order bonuses, so sent an email last night. Awaiting a response.

Also brought up the fact I paid £5 more then Amazon/Shopto just for the gifts, so maybe they'll give me some points as an apology too.... XD
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:15 am

Where is the best place to pick up second hand wiimotes? I thought ebay would be ok but they seem to go for abot £12-15, thought they'd be cheap as chips by now.

Roo

Post by Roo » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:30 am

Fightersmegamix wrote:Where is the best place to pick up second hand wiimotes? I thought ebay would be ok but they seem to go for abot £12-15, thought they'd be cheap as chips by now.
When I was last in, the Cash Converters in the next town over had loads of them at £4.99 each. Good price for spares, even if they're from Cash Converters.

GAME aren't bad either. If you can find it, they sell the Wii Play bundle for £4.99 used and the Wii Play Motion package for £9.99 pre-owned. That's decent value there.

James A

Post by James A » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:54 am

So got my Wii U yesterday and have it all set up and running. First impressions are very favourable :D
Really like the pad and the amount of things you can do with it. Bonus for being able to watch Netflix on it whilst the missus had Coronation Street on.

Game wise only have the Mario ones that came with it. Had an hour on this with the missus which was nice. Forgot how much I sucked at Mario though. Going to pick up Zombi U, Monster Hunter 3 and possibly the new Mario at the weekend with some CEX vouchers. Got some Club Nintendo points to use up so will put them towards Earthbound, Castlevania 4 & Metroid.

My game tag is weaponx031277

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:31 pm

Hmmmm. I seem to have hit on a strange problem.

I recently picked up a cheap Balance Board with Wii Fit Plus. Set it up, played Wii Fit Plus for a bit, everything fine.

However, now every time I try to go back into Wii mode normally from the Wii U menu (or holding down the B button and powering the Wii U up), I get the Health and Safety screen, but then just get a black screen with a message saying 'The system files are corrupted'. The Wii U still functions fine in Wii U mode.

I did a bit of Googling and found out that you can access Wii mode in 'Wii Maintenance mode'....that is, at the Wii Health and Safety screen, hold down the + and - buttons on the Wii remote and keep them held down as you press A. This disables the Wii Message Board, but also the SD card channel so if you've got a ton of downloaded VC games on there like I have, you can't access them.

However, I then discovered that if you go on any available channel (ie. the 'Wii Menu Manual' channel), then hit 'home' on the Wii remote and return to the Wii mode menu, it's all functioning fine again, SD card channel and message board included.

After quitting out of Wii mode or turning the Wii U off though, if I then turn it back on and try accessing Wii mode again, I've got to go through all that rigmarole again, otherwise it's back to the black 'system files are corrupted' screen.

Basically a warning here. I know there were some problems with transferring data from older versions of Wii Fit when Wii Fit U was first released, which were apparently fixed with an update but I still think there's some underlying compatibility problems with Wii Fit Plus and the Wii U, looks like it's now messed up my Wii mode system files in some way. :( I don't really want to send it off to Ninty to fix either as I can see them wiping the memory completely and me losing everything, or at least having to redownload all kinds of stuff.

As I say though, normal Wii U mode still (seemingly) works absolutely fine. :?
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

killbot

Post by killbot » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:17 pm

Toxie - I recently had an identical issue on my original Wii which was caused by a corrupted save file for NFS Nitro. It didn't seem to cause any permanant damage once the offending files were removed.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:02 pm

killbot wrote:Toxie - I recently had an identical issue on my original Wii which was caused by a corrupted save file for NFS Nitro. It didn't seem to cause any permanant damage once the offending files were removed.
Thing is though, I tried deleting all the save data for Wii Fit Plus, and it made absolutely no difference, the problem has remained. So either it's corrupted some of my other save data or the Wii mode system files themselves.

However, once I start Wii mode using the 'Wii Maintenance Mode' method and then reset it (hit home on the Wii Remote, then select Wii Menu), Wii Mode works absolutely fine with full functionality until I either go back to Wii U mode or turn off the Wii U altogether. Then if I want to use Wii mode again, I've got to boot it up in Maintenance Mode again, else I get the black screen of death and 'files corrupted' message.

Really annoying.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Montytom

Post by Montytom » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:43 pm

I finally recieved Batman arkham origins the other day.
My bank had put a block on my card as they thought i was a thief using someones card.
Amazon were really good even by the time i came to pay for it after the fraud part of natwest unblocked it,it had gone back up in price but amazon honoured the original £19.99.
I still have to play through arkham city first so its sat sealed on my shelf.

Im really loving me wii u even though i have been working some stupid hours and when i get home im to tired to play.

I really want to start collecting for this machine as last gen my wii was the console with the most games.
Currently i have the following:-

Nintendoland- really need a box and instructions so if anybody has a spare they would sell :)
ZombiU- really need the insert for this as mine is missing.
Lego city undercover- Absolutely brilliant game my favourite so far(completed)
007 legends- I really enjoyed it and at less than a tenner was well worth it(completed)
NBA2K13- Saw this cheap and as i want a complete collection in the future thought id best pick it up(not played yet)
Batman Arkham city- I must admit im not liking this one as much as asylam hopefully more time will change that.
Batman Arkham origins-Still sealed
Fifa 13- bought in Blockbusters cheap played a little bit and i won a match:D
Sports connection- Also Blockbusters cheapy played a little but the controls were a little sensitive.

I really love this system and its the only current gen system i was looking forward too. PS4 will be a purchase but only when Uncharted 4 comes out.Xbox one will never be bought as it doesnt interest me.

I really hope the sales of this great system pick up and we can get some more great games.

Sorry if this is a long post :oops:

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:49 am

I just spotted this game called DEX whilst reading Toxie's link to the 'dead' G'n'G reboot! http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/1 ... ii_u_eshop

Looks like it has a bit of a Blade Runner vibe going on :)

ALK

Post by ALK » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:58 am

Quite a few discounts coming this week on the eShop, including the Zen Pinball tables.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/1 ... ber_europe
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:38 am

http://kotaku.com/zelda-is-getting-a-dy ... 1485625889

CURSE YOU NINTENDO!!!

Why must you let people do this?
Two series that I like in one

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:15 am

Cool to see new stuff and even a joint venture from Nintendo but I can't say I care for Dynasty Warriors at all. Still, nice to see the Wii U getting some love.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:35 am

Nice to finally see some good games for it, and some games that dont have Mario in the title

killbot

Post by killbot » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:11 pm

I don't care for Dynasty Warriors but it's good to see another big name title announced and it'll doubtless be a decent stopgap while we wait for the next 'proper' Zelda game. 2014 is shaping up to be a good year for the Wii U, with Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros., DKC, Bayonetta 2 and now this all in the offing. Is X due for release next year as well?

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360