Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

RetroBob

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by RetroBob » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:36 am

Wii U version of Batman Arkham Origins is £19.99 at the moment.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Arkham-O ... am+origins
Xbox Live: RetroBob

Montytom

Post by Montytom » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:50 am

RetroBob wrote:Wii U version of Batman Arkham Origins is £19.99 at the moment.

I've just bought this thanks mate just need to finish arkham city which arrived today :D

batman877

Post by batman877 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:59 am

My Super Mario 3D World has arrived!

Early impressions? Very good. Really polished visuals and music. The level design is genius - it focuses on enjoyment and satisfaction, rather than difficulty and frustration (I'm looking at you Sonic!), but not at the expense of depth. And the multi-player works really well too. I know these are early impressions, but I'd say this is a game all retro fans need to own (unless you hate Mario games... but you don't hate Mario do you??? :shock: )

:D

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:54 am

Montytom wrote:

I've just bought this thanks mate just need to finish arkham city which arrived today :D
You're welcome! It was below £25 which is the threshold I had set on www.find-games.co.uk so they emailed me.

Montytom

Post by Montytom » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:58 am

RetroBob wrote:
Montytom wrote:

You're welcome! It was below £25 which is the threshold I had set on http://www.find-games.co.uk so they emailed me.
Have you picked it up then?
I really want sonic after you posted up the demo but I'm hoping for sub £20 as I'm getting skint again untill work pays me the full amount grrrr

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:56 pm

Christ,just when I was able to post that I saw AO in Game for £25 when brought with anything else. XD

Guess thats what lack of multiplayer will do to your game's Wii U version....
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:36 pm

Looks like Amazon sold out, only available at over £35 from other sellers.

rednoggy

Post by rednoggy » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:58 am

Thanks to amazon and black Friday I've finally got one. Now Pikmin 3, wind waker or Mario? :D

batman877

Post by batman877 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:33 am

rednoggy wrote:Thanks to amazon and black Friday I've finally got one. Now Pikmin 3, wind waker or Mario? :D
1. Super Mario 3D World (can't believe no one but me has posted about this yet - it really is the best thing on Wii U and one of the best games of 2013)
2. Pikmin 3 (best Pikmin yet - good multi-player mode, but I wish you could play the entire game in 2 player)
3. Zelda Wind Waker (great HD update of a true classic)

All essential though!

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:43 am

Game are now offering Arkham Orgins for £19.99. Sold out on the website, but selling it in-store too if you're lucky (Though you can get the PS360 versions for a few quid more.).

Also saw CeX offering Mario and Sonic Winter Games 2014 for £22 too.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

killbot

Post by killbot » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:40 am

ALK wrote:Game are now offering Arkham Orgins for £19.99. Sold out on the website, but selling it in-store too if you're lucky (Though you can get the PS360 versions for a few quid more.).

Not any more. After the set-to I had with GAME the other week their customer service guys had offered to put money on my reward card as an apology. Yesterday I saw AO for £19.99 and decided to spend my points on it, only to find they hadn't actually put them on. I called customer services again, got them to do it properly and went back into the store to find AO had gone back up to £39.99!

I had a row with the manager and in the end he agreed to honour the price, which with the free store credit I'd been given meant I got the game for £13.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:51 am

GODDAM SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD IS BLOODY AMAZING SO BUY IT TWICE

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:10 am

killbot wrote:
ALK wrote:Game are now offering Arkham Orgins for £19.99. Sold out on the website, but selling it in-store too if you're lucky (Though you can get the PS360 versions for a few quid more.).

Not any more. After the set-to I had with GAME the other week their customer service guys had offered to put money on my reward card as an apology. Yesterday I saw AO for £19.99 and decided to spend my points on it, only to find they hadn't actually put them on. I called customer services again, got them to do it properly and went back into the store to find AO had gone back up to £39.99!

I had a row with the manager and in the end he agreed to honour the price, which with the free store credit I'd been given meant I got the game for £13.
Ah well, I'll see if Game want any of my bday money tomorrow or now. :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Gren

Post by Gren » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:53 pm

Wasn't bothered about either of the new consoles based on the feeble games launch line-up.

But got a bit jealous of all the hype and noise around these machines, and decided to take a punt on the newly energised Wii U thanks to the recent launches of Mario 3D world, Zelda WW HD and Pikmin 3, so I've ordered a Zelda HD bundle machine :D

Next day delivery - it comes tomorrow 8) Can't wait :)

So I need to bob out tomorrow to a "real" shop to snag Pikmin and Mario - where is the best place to purchase on the high street these days? (I'm normally patient enough to wait for online deliveries!)
Fresh Spoo?

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:47 am

Unless you have an indie still open pretty much your only choices are GAME and HMV!

Congrats on the new purchase, get yourself NNID on the Google doc in the first post of this thread.

Can I just say that Rayman Legends is a Wii U must buy for any self respecting retro gamer. I had never played a Rayman game before Origins but totally love these two game!