Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Fightersmegamix

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by Fightersmegamix » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:42 am

We all know good games are coming I guess its just a matter of when. I dont think MK8, Smash Bros or Bayonetta have a Q1 release yet (neither does DK in Europe). I just can't help thinking that they have moved donkey kong to plug a hole in the release schedule, meaning one of the games mentioned above will be delayed as well.

Still on the plus side, mario, zelda WW, wii u fit and sonic will triple my current collection.

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:54 am

Fightersmegamix wrote:We all know good games are coming I guess its just a matter of when. I dont think MK8, Smash Bros or Bayonetta have a Q1 release yet (neither does DK in Europe). I just can't help thinking that they have moved donkey kong to plug a hole in the release schedule, meaning one of the games mentioned above will be delayed as well.

Still on the plus side, mario, zelda WW, wii u fit and sonic will triple my current collection.
I wouldn't hold your breath for a Q1 release of any of those titles - it might happen but Bayonetta release date has never even been hinted at, people are guessing March/April for MK8 and Smash Bros will be ready when it's ready! I'd wouldn't be surprised if DK ends up being Feb.

killbot

Post by killbot » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:16 am

Fightersmegamix wrote:We all know good games are coming I guess its just a matter of when. I dont think MK8, Smash Bros or Bayonetta have a Q1 release yet (neither does DK in Europe). I just can't help thinking that they have moved donkey kong to plug a hole in the release schedule, meaning one of the games mentioned above will be delayed as well.

I've already bought 12 games, one every month I've owned the machine, and enjoyed all of them. I also have a lot of VC/eShop games. There's been no shortage of quality games released for the Wii U in its first year - especially if, like me, you didn't have a 360 or PS3 last-gen and so are new to games like Black Ops II, Mass Effect and Arkham City.

I also think (like the Wii before it) it's going to be an awesome machine for people who like platformers. We already have NSMBU and the definitive version of Rayman Legends. Sonic: Lost World, Super Mario 3D Land and Donkey Kong are all coming at some point in the not-too distant future, and Yarn Yoshi beyond that. That's in addition to all the platformers on the eShop.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:08 pm

Zelda WW is 39.99 at Shopto, £5 cheaper than amazon so I pre-ordered it. You get a free keyring too, which could be worth as much as 50p in years to come.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:48 pm

Well the wii u has a bunch of Quality games in my humble opinion. Got this lot

Retail
New super luigi u
Legend of Zelda: windwaker HD (ganondorf edition)
Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Skylanders giants
Assassins creed 3: Join or die edition
Nintendo Land
Monster Hunter 3
Darksiders 2
Zombi u
Sonic and sega allstars racing transformed
Lego city undercover

Downloads
Super pokemon rumble u
F zero
Balloon fight
Mario and yoshi
Super metroid
Kid Icarus
Metroid
Donkey kong
Kirby's superstar
Kirby's adventure
Mega man

Also these which I had but since traded in due to completion and no desire to keep (with intention to buy again at a cheaper price in Mario's case)

Call of duty black ops 2
New super mario Bros U

I find the notion that the console is lacking decent games absolutely ludicrous, none of the games above I would consider poor in any way.

I also have the likes of these to look forward to:

Sonic lost world
Mario and sonic Olympics Sochi (with Wii remote)
Super mario 3D world
Bayonetta 2
X
Zelda
Mario kart 8 (normally wouldn't care but this looked brilliant at euro gamer)
Donkey kong tropical freeze
Smash bros (doubley so that sonic is back in it.)

Note that the games mentioned in the looking forward to section are all exclusive to the system as well.
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:00 am

True, but I'm sure any FPS nut or "mature only" gamer would look at those and complain "Its all kiddy stuff!!!".

Sometimes I do feel those that say there "arnt any games" on a system either havent looked at the whole offerings or are just being a bit fussy at what they play....
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:57 pm

It's all relative. A list of games is all well and good but how many 360/PS3 games were released in the same timeframe? Five times as many, ten times? People expect more choice these days, the wii u library might have been fine 15 years back but not now, not compared to the alternatives. We might like a lot of those games but the sales figures prove we are in a minority.

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:31 pm

And thats part of the problem.

A lot of the 'Playstation Generation' of gamer seem to prefer quantity of games released over quality of games released (ie more=better).

I'd rather have 4-5 games a month released for my machine, with 1 truly brilliant title in there (a 25% AAA rate) that 20 titles with maybe 1 truly brilliant title. Sadly, I'm in the minority these days.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

batman877

Post by batman877 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:35 am

Picked up the new Wii U Zelda Wind Waker bundle today:

Really impressed so far...

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:23 pm

Got my Wind Waker HD with Gannondorf figurine. Not yet played the game, and probably won't till Sunday, But the figurine's decent enough. You can take the glass dome off if you want to free him and the swords are a bit bendy, but otherwise a decent size and detail.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:28 pm

Windwaker HD is a masterpiece. can't beleive that it took me this long to play it to a decent extent. the fact that you can take selfies just opens up a whole meta game. check mii verse when you can guys. you won't regret it.

I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

skodathegreat

Post by skodathegreat » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:51 pm

Yeah, been really impressed with Wind Waker HD.

The graphics are superb, and the controls are great too. Although managed to hit the wrong button and took a photo when I should have been hacking away at Ghoma. Doh.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:59 pm

My copy of wind waker arrived this morning and I just plated 4 hours straight. What an amazing game and it looks superb. I've forgotten enough to make it fun again, really nice playing something that doesn't hold your hand. The message in a bottle idea is really good, very much underplayed by the reviews. The latest update seems to have added a few little features to the shop and miiverse loading screens.

ALK

Post by ALK » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:38 am

Huh. Interesting Nintendo added a little slots mini game while the eShop loads. Suppose it would be too much if we won a game discount for getting a full correct picture. :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:22 pm

Just got a new pro controller. Pretty nice, very comfortable but the front sure is shiny, fingerprint magnet :) Should come in handy for bayonetta and multiplayer mariokart.