Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ALK

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by ALK » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:54 am

Also to note, a lot of companies that released DS games are still around today, bar THQ and a few, and probably still own the rights to a lot of licensed DS games they did unlike a lot of the older VC consoles, so either way they do them, I'd hope it would mean more games more regularly at least and perhaps a tiny boost in 3rd party interest in the system...
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:47 am

Fightersmegamix wrote:Only a couple of weeks until the new donkey kong, mario kart for may, two games in six months is a start.
Still a damn sight more interesting than the current release schedules for Xbox One/PS4, if you don't include games that are also coming out on Xbox 360/PS3.

It is a bit on the barren side though. I am really looking forward to Scram Kitty And His Buddy On Rails on the E-Shop, but I don't think that's due until April.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:20 pm

So Sonic has another game coming exclusively to Wii U and 3DS, and will be developed by Bigredbutton....

http://youtu.be/h2N8g9zz8yU

...and will use Sonic's new redesign based on his new TV Show.

The game looks interesting enough, though the redesigns are a bit of a hit and miss....
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:51 pm

The re-designs really aren't bad at all, they look more modern and 'cooler' imo.

Still playing my Wii U on and off, I was really saddened when I saw there were no N64 games on the Virtual Console. Lord knows I'd buy all of them if they were released - Mario Kart 64 on gamepad? Yes please!

Montytom

Post by Montytom » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:09 am

Rayne wrote:The re-designs really aren't bad at all, they look more modern and 'cooler' imo.

Still playing my Wii U on and off, I was really saddened when I saw there were no N64 games on the Virtual Console. Lord knows I'd buy all of them if they were released - Mario Kart 64 on gamepad? Yes please!

I must admit i havnt really played mine that much as ive been too tired working 6 day weeks but i must admit im dissapointed with the current line up on vc.

needs some more games asap

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:01 am

Started super mario 3d world yesterday. It's the first core mario game I've played since mario sunshine. Loving it so far, creative and inventive, the short levels really work well. The only issue I have is that some of the jumps can be a bit tricky when trying to judge perspective and distance, something that doesn't seem to have been tackled since the late 90's. It does remind me of the fun I had on the N64 playing Banjo :)

This is the first big wii u session I've had since I got the 2550 mA battery. There is a huge difference in battery life, played about 4 hours with the screen on all the time and the battery is still half full, 8 hours should be achieveable which makes things a lot less of a pain. The controller is noticably heavier though, if feels much more of a lump now than it did before. I would still recommend the upgrade to all wii u owners.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:39 am

Just watched the new sonic trailer, knuckles looks like he just got out of prison. Supposedly more like ratchet and clank, which would be a good thing if done right.

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:44 pm

Nintendo Direct tonight at 10pm.

Also, apparently DKC Tropical Freeze only uses 1 screen at a time during gameplay...

http://kotaku.com/bold-move-nintendo-15 ... Socialflow
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:18 pm

Mostly 3DS news, but a few Wii U bits of interest.

-Little Mac confirmed for Smash Bros.

-NES Remix 2 comes to Europe on 25th April. Includes Super Luigi Bros game which is SMB in reverse (Moving left instead of right)

-Mario Kart 8 coming on May 30th. Bowser's kids are playable characters.

-GBA games coming to the VC from April. First games shown were Metroid Fusion, Yoshi's Island, and Mario&Luigi.

-New footage for X.

-Bayonetta 2's coming this year. New footage as well.
Last edited by ALK on Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:55 am

I tried watching the nintendo direct last night. U stream is a joke, it just doesn't work. Bad enough the only way to get any information on upcoming games is the directs, it would help if they actually streamed properly. 95% 3DS stuff again, the 3DS has a wealth of riches but the wii u is barren as a desert. At least they showed a bit of footage from x and bayonetta, though that kid in bayonetta better not be playable :) Showing a trailer for donkey kong is stretching it a bit when the game is out in a weeks time.

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:01 am

Had that problem too, which was why I switched over to the NOA Youtube stream when it happened. XD

And damn, Japan's getting quite a few GBA games in April alone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Vi ... e_releases

Wonder how long it'll take NOE to catch up... :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

kelp7

Post by kelp7 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:01 pm

Fightersmegamix wrote:This is the first big wii u session I've had since I got the 2550 mA battery. There is a huge difference in battery life, played about 4 hours with the screen on all the time and the battery is still half full, 8 hours should be achieveable which makes things a lot less of a pain. The controller is noticably heavier though, if feels much more of a lump now than it did before. I would still recommend the upgrade to all wii u owners.
But where did you get it from?!
MZ-80A Secrets
http://mz-80a.com

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:08 pm

kelp7 wrote:
Fightersmegamix wrote:This is the first big wii u session I've had since I got the 2550 mA battery. There is a huge difference in battery life, played about 4 hours with the screen on all the time and the battery is still half full, 8 hours should be achieveable which makes things a lot less of a pain. The controller is noticably heavier though, if feels much more of a lump now than it did before. I would still recommend the upgrade to all wii u owners.
But where did you get it from?!
Amazon has them.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:23 pm

Funny how people had problems with the Nintendo Direct broadcast last night, :? streamed fine for me with no downtime/lag whatsoever. Funny thing was, I was watching it on NintendoLife and the actual site crashed (ie the live comments stopped updating) but the video carried on OK.

I still think it's absolutely bizarre them putting GBA games on the Wii U VC....most of them are designed for a handheld, why not put them on the 3DS?
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Nautical Rudie

Post by Nautical Rudie » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:45 am

Was a pretty underwhelming Direct, especially for Wii U. Looks like we've got another drought between DKCTF in a few days and MK8 in several months time. pretty excited for NEW Remix 2 though! Started 3D World a few days ago too, 4 worlds in and finding it kinda dull. Mario feels really heavy and it feels like i'm just playing 3D Land again (which I admittedly thought was excellent, just dont need to play a rehash). Same issue I had with Galaxy 2 really.
3DS Friend Code: 0130-1873-6926. Give me a shout if you add me!