Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

killbot

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by killbot » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:21 am

Further to the above - I've now read some more about Wii Sports Club and although I still think £45 for the full set of games is steep, the additions definitely sound interesting. Online leaderboards, regional competitions and (yes!) MotionPlus compatibility all add massively to the original package, along with the improved looks. I'm hedging my bets but I'll probably pick up one or two of the games at launch and maybe the rest when they inevitably show up in a half-price sale.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

killbot

Post by killbot » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:01 pm

Also, having just stumbled across a gameplay video from Sonic Lost World I'm really looking forward to it. They seem to have finally gotten the hang of designing a platform game again rather than a barely interactive rollercoaster sim.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:24 pm

Golf and bowling were both included in sports resort with motionplus anyway, I don't think it's a big selling point. If the resort titles are all released for £9 each that would be £108 for the game :shock: As a comparison the kinect sports games were released for about £2 each on XBLA, all be it in a cut down form.

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:01 pm

just about to cancel my Wind Waker GAME Limited Edition pre order, had a better look at the statue and think it looks pretty crap tbh, not worth the extra £20 imo.
think ill just go with shopto, save £20 & get a free keyring!

also still till playing rayman legends so it wont get a look in until that's finished.
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

ALK

Post by ALK » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:15 pm

Fightersmegamix wrote:Golf and bowling were both included in sports resort with motionplus anyway, I don't think it's a big selling point. If the resort titles are all released for £9 each that would be £108 for the game :shock: As a comparison the kinect sports games were released for about £2 each on XBLA, all be it in a cut down form.
No stopping them naming the Resort Golf and Bowling something like Golf 2 and Bowling 2. XD Either way, I think it be more wise if they bundled the aResort games in bunches of 3 or something. No one's gonna pay £9 for the frizbie alone. XD

New Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 3pm, focusing on games out this year and whatnot.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:40 pm

There seems to be promises of suprise games with every nintendo direct. Sooner or later we might get one :)

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:57 pm

No new games then, only some extra pikmin maps for battle mode. DK delayed until next year, maybe Nintendo would be better stopping with the directs unless they actually have some positive news.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:15 pm

Wasn't 3DS Kirby new?

edit: Yeah yeah - Wii U thread.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:00 pm

Well, pretty much did what it said on the tin...give us new info on games out this year. Its a shame DK's been delayed, but at least Mario and Sonic will keep us busy till then (Think the Japanese Direct redated DK for Feb, so not all that far.). Nice to see Sega actually add an online multiplayer to it's M+S Olympic series (4 games, but its a start) and Sonic confirmed for Smash Bros as well at least.

Also a Firmware update came yesterday adding quite a few new things, the biggest feature being able to play original Wii games off-TV on the Gamepad screen.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/1 ... _and_japan
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:55 pm

Fightersmegamix wrote:No new games then, only some extra pikmin maps for battle mode. DK delayed until next year, maybe Nintendo would be better stopping with the directs unless they actually have some positive news.
The positive news was the release date for Zelda 3DS, confirmation of Bravely Default coming before Christmas, a ton of new footage of Mario 3D world making it look excellent, online multiplayer for Mario and Sonic, Sonic in Smash Brothers, and plenty of new footage. Oh and Karaoke if that's your thing. The only negative was DK delayed to make it better. It's nice to have these directs, better than not having them.

skylarking

Post by skylarking » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:53 am

Anyone in the UK want a Club Nintendo code? I bought Lego City Undercover from the UK, so the code can't be used with my Club Nintendo account. First PM gets it.
ENTER IF YOU DARE
PRESS ANY KEY

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:00 am

Mootown wrote:The positive news was the release date for Zelda 3DS, confirmation of Bravely Default coming before Christmas, a ton of new footage of Mario 3D world making it look excellent, online multiplayer for Mario and Sonic, Sonic in Smash Brothers, and plenty of new footage. Oh and Karaoke if that's your thing. The only negative was DK delayed to make it better. It's nice to have these directs, better than not having them.
I wouldn't count footage of a game released next month and the drip feeding of characters in a beat em up, most of which we could have guessed, as positive news. The 3DS is not relevent to many wii u owners, it just seems like filler to cover up a baron wii u release schedule. Mario looks great and I might even pick up the new wii fit but the xmas lineup looks pretty weak. Nintendo are going to have to have a record breaking release schedule in 2014.

killbot

Post by killbot » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:25 am

Fightersmegamix wrote:
Mootown wrote:The positive news was the release date for Zelda 3DS, confirmation of Bravely Default coming before Christmas, a ton of new footage of Mario 3D world making it look excellent, online multiplayer for Mario and Sonic, Sonic in Smash Brothers, and plenty of new footage. Oh and Karaoke if that's your thing. The only negative was DK delayed to make it better. It's nice to have these directs, better than not having them.
I wouldn't count footage of a game released next month and the drip feeding of characters in a beat em up, most of which we could have guessed, as positive news. The 3DS is not relevent to many wii u owners, it just seems like filler to cover up a baron wii u release schedule. Mario looks great and I might even pick up the new wii fit but the xmas lineup looks pretty weak. Nintendo are going to have to have a record breaking release schedule in 2014.
I don't know if I'd call the Wii U release schedule 'barren'. The remainder of 2013 and Q1 2014 have DKC: Tropical Freeze, Assassin's Creed IV, CoD: Ghosts, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, Batman: Arkham Origins, Wind Waker HD, Sonic: Lost World, Smash Bros. and possibly Bayonetta 2. That's a pretty good line-up in anyone's books.

On another note, I started Rayman Legends last night and wow - what a brilliant, brilliant game. With this and Origins the series has really become one that can compete with the best Mario titles for sheer imagination. The only thing I'm confused about is how the Murfy levels work on 360 and PS3 - they seem so perfect for the touchscreen I can't imagine trying to do them with a regular pad.
Last edited by killbot on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:27 am

Fightersmegamix wrote:
News is still news, the scale of positivity varies dependent on your interest in said games. It's not negative though if it's something of interest that's good - Some people were incredibly excited by the new Mario Trailer for example, and I've even seen some folk genuinely excited by Karaoke, although I can't say it's something I'm looking forward to. I was just saying that the Nintendo Direct served it's purpose this time around - an update on Christmas games. There were never going to be any new announcements at this point in the year as it would detract from the Christmas stuff. I actually thought the online multiplayer in Mario and Sonic was a nice surprise too. So in my opinion, it was positive news mostly :)

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:30 am

killbot wrote:
Fightersmegamix wrote:
I don't know if I'd call the Wii U release schedule 'barren'. The remainder of 2013 and Q1 2014 have DKC: Tropical Freeze, Assassin's Creed IV, CoD: Ghosts, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, Batman: Arkham Origins, Wind Waker HD and possibly Bayonetta 2. That's a pretty good line-up.
You forgot Sonic Lost World, (which is actually rather good) and Mario and Sonic, which is also good if you like that kind of thing! I think between Wind Waker and Mario I'm fairly happy for the next month or 2, between having a job and socializing I only get a few hours a night anyway. That's before you add in Link Between Worlds, and whatever I get with XboxOne and PS4 (Forza / Killzone?)