Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

RetroBob

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by RetroBob » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:59 pm

We are now friends.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

batman877

Post by batman877 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:39 am

I'm going to be getting the new "Zelda Wind Waker, Black Wii U" bundle when it's released on 4th October (my birthday :P )

I've already picked up Zombi U and Nintendo Land (£10 each at Tesco!!!) - can you recommend what I should get next?

I like the look of New Super Mario Bros U (bit expensive though), New Super Luigi U, Pikmin 3 and Sonic Lost World...

killbot

Post by killbot » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:35 am

batman877 wrote:I'm going to be getting the new "Zelda Wind Waker, Black Wii U" bundle when it's released on 4th October (my birthday :P )

I've already picked up Zombi U and Nintendo Land (£10 each at Tesco!!!) - can you recommend what I should get next?

I like the look of New Super Mario Bros U (bit expensive though), New Super Luigi U, Pikmin 3 and Sonic Lost World...
How come my Tesco only has FIFA 13 and Lego City at £45 each? Bah!

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

killbot

Post by killbot » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:42 am

Interesting to read the other day that only 2% of all US copies sold of Splinter Cell Blacklist have been the Wii U Version. Sounds bad? Yes, until you read on and discover that Gamestop (the biggest US retailer) was selling one copy per store of the Wii U version and refusing to allow stores to replenish their stock once they'd sold their allotted copy.

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/09/low-blacklist-wii-u-sales/

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:00 am

I think I'm getting to the end parts of pikmin 3, 35 fruits but now I have blue pikmin I can go back to the other areas and make some progress. Still loving this game. Despite all my winging about wind waker HD I'm getting more and more tempted to buy it :)

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:03 pm

Finished pikmin 3! Awesome game, frustrating final level though, not really in keeping with the rest of it. 59 fruits, could have got one or two more but I wanted to progress the story. A must have game, really enjoyed it.

killbot

Post by killbot » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:35 pm

Fightersmegamix wrote:Finished pikmin 3! Awesome game, frustrating final level though, not really in keeping with the rest of it. 59 fruits, could have got one or two more but I wanted to progress the story. A must have game, really enjoyed it.
Yes, the last boss was a bit of an oddity. But like all the games bosses as long as you had a decent amount of fruit saved up he wasn't too hard as you could just wear him down over a few days, taking a day out to replenish your Pikmin if necessary. In fact knowing he was the last bos made him easier as you knew you didn't have to hold anything back, you could just lob everything at him.

A really good game though, as you say. I think I got in the region of 55 fruits, I enjoyed it enough that I might go back and look for more one day.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:01 am

I know there is a hidden fruit on the autumn area. If you use blue pikmin you can get under a bridge and fight a giant daddy long legs type monster. That still leaves a few a missed, some are pretty well hidden. I did find a secret code thing in a crab bucket, it didn't unlock anything though.

skylarking

Post by skylarking » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:08 am

The downloadable version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is half price at the moment - will probably pick it up.
http://www.gametrailers.com/side-missio ... -downloads
ENTER IF YOU DARE
PRESS ANY KEY

ALK

Post by ALK » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:23 pm

batman877 wrote:I'm going to be getting the new "Zelda Wind Waker, Black Wii U" bundle when it's released on 4th October (my birthday :P )

If you're after more £8-10 bargains, CeX has a fair few of its own.

Huh, no talk of Wii Sports Club HD and Wii Fit U while I was away? XD
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:45 am

Need for speed: most wanted & Rayman legends both both quality games and the wii-u has the superior version of each, also both can be had for less than £20 each :D

Sonic lostworlds looking good too, theres a new video floating around it looks a lot like Mario galaxy which is no bad thing
ALK wrote: Huh, no talk of Wii Sports Club HD and Wii Fit U while I was away? XD
bah! focusing on wii sports in hd & wii fit is a joke, those 2 games wont be the system sellers that they once were, especially with 2 new consoles about the launch, nintendo need to be pushing Mario kart 8 out before xmas if they wanna shift some units!
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:33 pm

I dunno, $10 to actually punch everyone's Miis around the world online in the Boxing might tempt a few puntchers to upgrade.... XD
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:52 pm

ZombiU only £10 on Amazon, well worth it at that price :D
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00844Q328/ref=nosim
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:51 am

Well, £9 each for wii sports games is a joke no matter how much you look at it. A fiver might be ok for the motionplus and online support (which should be standard with every release anyway). Archery was the best wii sports game, no doubt we'll have to wait for the resort games to be re-released. The wii u fit trial is pretty good though. They should have just called it wii fit 2 to make it clear this is a sequel.

killbot

Post by killbot » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:16 am

Fightersmegamix wrote:Well, £9 each for wii sports games is a joke no matter how much you look at it. A fiver might be ok for the motionplus and online support (which should be standard with every release anyway). Archery was the best wii sports game, no doubt we'll have to wait for the resort games to be re-released. The wii u fit trial is pretty good though. They should have just called it wii fit 2 to make it clear this is a sequel.
I'd pay £9 for Wii Sports Bowling, in a heartbeat. The others? Not so much.

The problem they're going to have here is that Wii Sports can be picked up second-hand anywhere for under a tenner so unless people are THAT bothered about having it in HD then they're unlikely to bother with the downloads, they'll just buy the disc (which of course is compatible with Wii U). Now, if they've updated the games so that the original Wii Sports games are compatible with MotionPlus then that would be another consideration. £9 is still steep though.

On the subject of download games, has anyone noticed that Kung Fu Rabbit is available for £2.25 at the moment? It's no classic, but playable enough and at that price represents a good deal.