Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DreamcastRIP

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:49 am

ALK wrote:Angry Videogame Nerd Adventures is coming to both eShops.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/0 ... _platforms
Urgh. No thanks.

On a brighter note and in advance of the imminent Zen Pinball 2 tables DLC promotion and upcoming Star Wars themed tables the latter have been discounted to only 69p each on iOS's Zen Pinball app. I've bought the remaining two tables (I'd already purchased the The Empire Strikes Back table) and while they're fun to play on my iPhone I'm now even more buzzed about being able to play them on Wii U soon. Not interested in buying them on PS3.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

killbot

Post by killbot » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:55 pm

Well, it's a new game and that's always something to celebrate on the Wii U. Also given AVGN's decade of slagging off 2D platform games for woolly controls or annoying jumps I can only assume that this one will be utterly flawless, seeing as how he's put his name to it.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:38 pm

killbot wrote:

Well, it's a new game and that's always something to celebrate on the Wii U. Also given AVGN's decade of slagging off 2D platform games for woolly controls or annoying jumps I can only assume that this one will be utterly flawless, seeing as how he's put his name to it.
Ah well, bad or good, its kind of cool to see after years of slagging of bad NES games, he has a game on a Nintendo system I guess...
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

killbot

Post by killbot » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:17 pm

I have a question about ZombiU. I have two of the four Uplay achievements (Pick up the BOB and get 2000 survivor points) and I'm about to get another for finishing the game (I'm about to start the final section).

BUT - I'm still some way off getting the final achievement (find all the CCTV junction boxes) and I wondered if, once I've finished the game, it'll give me the option of going back and doing that or if I'll need to start a new game if I want that achievement?

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:32 pm

I've bought my only post-launch Wii U game this week (not including digital). Lego City Undercover. What a brilliant game. Thought i'd be bored of lego games by now, but it's easily my favourite game at the moment.

killbot

Post by killbot » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:56 pm

Space_turnip wrote:I've bought my only post-launch Wii U game this week (not including digital). Lego City Undercover. What a brilliant game. Thought i'd be bored of lego games by now, but it's easily my favourite game at the moment.
Yeah, I currently have six games and they're all launch titles (AC3, Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, Nintendo Land, NSMBU and ZombiU).

I was hoping to get my first post-launch title this month (Most Wanted U) but none of the shops near me are stocking it and it's still dear on Amazon. I picked up Mass Effect 3 instead since it was under £18 in HMV.

I had to laugh today, asked about Most Wanted in my local GAME and was told they didn't have it and wouldn't be getting it. 'To be honest, the Wii U just isn't selling', the guy said sagely.

Now, while I agree that the machine's sales have been disappointing, I had to point out that GAME were hardly helping their own cause. Row upon row of copies of Rabbids Land and Game Party line the Wii U shelves while Most Wanted and Injustice - two of the most well-revieved post-launch titles - were nowhere to be seen. Of the games that were available we had:

Lego City for £50 (£42 in Grainger)
Ninja Gaiden 3 for £40 (£25 in Grainger)
Mass Effect 3 for £40 (£18 in HMV)
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed for £40 (£7 in HMV)
Arkham City Armoured Edition for £35 (£18 in Grainger)

If anyone is buying Wii U games, they sure as hell aren't buying them from GAME. Not if they have any sense, anyway.

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:33 pm

Not to mention they started selling downloadable versions of retail games recently. They should really offer codes for some of the eShop exclusive games and/or Virtual Console. Those would be tempting more so if I can redeem some reward points towards them.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

piginapoke

Post by piginapoke » Wed May 01, 2013 4:31 am

Partner bought one. decent machine, graphics and sound are great.

The control pad will b fantastic to use to enhance games, Aliens Colonial Marines would have been great with the control pad as a motion tracker. A great game would b Project Zero, using the control pad as the camera - now that would b awesome :-)

Nice idea to b able to continue playing when tv is on (daughter liked it). i haven't got an ID yet. when i get one i will let u know
"An intruder has penetrated our forcefield"

killbot

Post by killbot » Wed May 01, 2013 5:11 am

ZombiU is now officially getting on my nerves. I'm so close to the end, why is it tormenting me so? What's the justification for closing all the shortcuts in the endgame so if I die I have to walk from the safe house back to Buckingham Palace? Any zombies I kill on the way don't even respawn so after a couple of attempts there isn't even anything left to kill. I'm playing a videogame in which the point is basically to walk from one area of London to another.

It's incredibly frustrating that if you die whilst retrieving the final item in the game you can probably add on another hour at least to the playtime as you frantically try to scramble back through the sewers and the underground system to retrieve the item that your previous character dropped before you can finish.

Syntesis

Post by Syntesis » Wed May 01, 2013 7:04 pm

Item Ordered:
Nintendo Wii U 8GB Console (White) (Basic Pack)
Quantity: 1
£149.00

From ASDA. :D Pricing sweet spot finally reached. Wonderful 101, Wario, NSMB Wii U, Pikmin 3, Rayman and Bayonetta 2, that will do me for the year! Think I might rent the Lego game and Zombie U.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Wed May 01, 2013 7:47 pm

Great price there. :D

I see their website also has the 32GB Premium console (black) inc. Nintendo Land reduced to £199.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

killbot

Post by killbot » Thu May 02, 2013 6:00 am

Any known issues with Mass Effect 3? It worked fine until the patch was installed, now it just hangs on the startup screen for about a minute before crashing the machine. Can't see any reference online to anyone else having tbis issue.

Roo

Post by Roo » Thu May 02, 2013 7:29 am

Announced by NoE:

Quality.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu May 02, 2013 8:17 am

The price cut is a pain, if only I waited 2 months, should have got a PS3 instead I suppose. I'm sure ASDA are just gettting rid of their stock.

Syntesis

Post by Syntesis » Thu May 02, 2013 10:30 am

Roo wrote:Announced by NoE:

Quality.
I am really looking forward to this, it's my Nintendo Land. :) I love all the Wario Ware characters, I wish they would get more exposure.