Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

User avatar
the_hawk
Posts: 5845
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by the_hawk » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:27 pm

its sales figures have fallen well short of every other Nintendo console or handheld. The GameCube is the next lowest-selling system in the company's history.
Pretty much official then, the two greatest home consoles the big N have made have been their least successful.


Image

"You kids don’t know what you want! That’s why you’re still kids, ‘cause you’re stupid!"
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

User avatar
Grizzly
Posts: 2465
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Berkshire

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by Grizzly » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:14 am

The rumour has been debunked. Resume normal service folks.
I write for...
Image
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

User avatar
killbot
Posts: 4824
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 5:36 am

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by killbot » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:20 pm

Bought Mario Tennis and Pokken Tournament today. Which means it's almost game over for my Wii U in terms of new physical releases - barring surprises Starfox Zero and Zelda (assuming it actually comes out on Wii U and isn't moved to an NX launch title) will probably be the last ones I buy. Still, it's been a cracking machine and I'm still thoroughly enjoying owning one.
Image

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

User avatar
Treguard
Posts: 2392
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:13 am

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by Treguard » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:51 am

Treguard wrote:The replacement for Club Nintendo is here http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/17/my-ninten ... d-5758241/
Anyone tried using the My Nintendo reward scheme yet? Does it work?

ALK
Posts: 3008
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:01 am

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by ALK » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:17 pm

Treguard wrote:
Treguard wrote:The replacement for Club Nintendo is here http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/17/my-ninten ... d-5758241/
Anyone tried using the My Nintendo reward scheme yet? Does it work?
Its only available for Japan right now. Several countries including the US and the UK will be getting their MyNintendo launch tomorrow. ;)
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

User avatar
Treguard
Posts: 2392
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:13 am

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by Treguard » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:27 pm

ALK wrote:
Treguard wrote:
Treguard wrote:The replacement for Club Nintendo is here http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/17/my-ninten ... d-5758241/
Anyone tried using the My Nintendo reward scheme yet? Does it work?
Its only available for Japan right now. Several countries including the US and the UK will be getting their MyNintendo launch tomorrow. ;)
Ah right, thought it was last week...

User avatar
slacey1070
Posts: 2841
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:20 am

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by slacey1070 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:00 pm

Monster hunter back in stock at shop to net for £9.85.

Mines been despatched today.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

ALK
Posts: 3008
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:01 am

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by ALK » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:04 am

A disc version of Minecraft has been confirmed to be released "very soon".

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/0 ... lease_soon
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ALK
Posts: 3008
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:01 am

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by ALK » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:05 am

Bandai Namco's free to play online co-op shooter Lost Reavers begins its free bata this week till the 26th.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/0 ... ril_europe
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

User avatar
MediaCult
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:12 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by MediaCult » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:16 am

Finally got my Wii U, cheap! ID is MediaCult. Thinking of starting with Xenoblade Chronicles 10, Bayonetta 2, or Mario 3D. Any recommendations?
MobyGames profile: http://www.mobygames.com/user/sheet/userSheetId,131075/
PSN/Microsoft/Wii U/STEAM nickname: MediaCult (feel free to add me).

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11109
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:55 am

MediaCult wrote:Finally got my Wii U, cheap! ID is MediaCult. Thinking of starting with Xenoblade Chronicles 10, Bayonetta 2, or Mario 3D. Any recommendations?
Mario 3D World is pure fun. Plenty of levels as well, definitely would be the game I'd recommend playing first, its great fun.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by RodimusPrime » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:50 am

ShadowMan wrote:
MediaCult wrote:Finally got my Wii U, cheap! ID is MediaCult. Thinking of starting with Xenoblade Chronicles 10, Bayonetta 2, or Mario 3D. Any recommendations?
Mario 3D World is pure fun. Plenty of levels as well, definitely would be the game I'd recommend playing first, its great fun.
2nd this.

Completed the game with my little girl and we enjoyed it so much we are going back through to try and collect all the stars and stamps. I would honestly rate it in my top 10 platform games of all time.

User avatar
slacey1070
Posts: 2841
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:20 am

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by slacey1070 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:30 am

RodimusPrime wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:
MediaCult wrote:Finally got my Wii U, cheap! ID is MediaCult. Thinking of starting with Xenoblade Chronicles 10, Bayonetta 2, or Mario 3D. Any recommendations?
Mario 3D World is pure fun. Plenty of levels as well, definitely would be the game I'd recommend playing first, its great fun.
2nd this.

Completed the game with my little girl and we enjoyed it so much we are going back through to try and collect all the stars and stamps. I would honestly rate it in my top 10 platform games of all time.
Same here... brilliant game.

Good list you have there...although xenoblade I didn't get on with...its a hard work game and should have come with a manual.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

User avatar
the_hawk
Posts: 5845
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by the_hawk » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:14 pm

I like the look of that Olympia Rising that's appeared on the EShop, but I've downloaded quite a few games off there that I haven't even played yet & I can't justify buying it until I've at least had a fair crack at some of the others, including Oddworld which I got 2 months ago and still haven't had a proper go at..
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

User avatar
MediaCult
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:12 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by MediaCult » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:25 am

I got Super Mario 3D & Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus.

I think these two will keep me busy for a while. Mario is perhaps a bit over-cute; it's fun to think that the franchise has never been as toddler-friendly, as now..... In general, with the Lego Games and kids-friendly games in general, as well as mini-iphone games, the market has seriously shifted. It's possible to keep track of the games out there....
MobyGames profile: http://www.mobygames.com/user/sheet/userSheetId,131075/
PSN/Microsoft/Wii U/STEAM nickname: MediaCult (feel free to add me).

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests