Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

the_hawk

Wii U Owners Thread - Including User IDs

Post by the_hawk » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:04 pm

sscott wrote:Just wondered in a few weeks if we can have an owners of Wii U thread, so I don't have to listen to the opinions of anyone that doesn't own one (not aimed at anyone in particular btw).

As requested by retrobob:

Ok in the interest of organisation (read: OCD), I've made a Google Doc of all of the forumite's Nintendo Network IDs - it will save people trawling through the whole thread and also save mods having to update the first post (other than one last time to add the link!).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing
Last edited by the_hawk on Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

Space_turnip

Re: Wii U Non-Trolly Thread (Don't own/want one, don't open

Post by Space_turnip » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:09 pm

We can use this for nintendo ID names (or whatever they're called)?

If so, Spaceturnip :D
(Have now played 4 games, all impressed me so far!)

ShadowMan

Re: Wii U Owners Thread (Don't own/want one, don't open it!)

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:38 pm

My Nintendo ID is Shadowman16. Which games have you tried so far Space Turnip? I've only tried Mario, Sonic Racing and Nano Assault (downloadable title from the eShop) and am impressed with all three. I'll try ZombiU out later when I get a chance.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:57 pm

Can one of you pop an old Wii game in that you're 100% familiar with, and test out the compatibility for me?

Is it 100% accurate or are there emulation differences similar to Xbox 360? How's the control? Speed? Graphics? Legacy Controller compatibility?
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:04 pm

@Shadowman: So far tried out nintendoland (does what it's meant to do, but far more enjoyable than Wii Sports ever was), Batman (which looks as good as the 360, but is fantastic for kicking back on the sofa and using the gamepad only option), ZombiU (I only had a quick blast, concept is awesome, execution seems good, just not quite had the chance to play properly) and Super Mario Bros U (playing now, it's a Mario game (nuff said) but the gamepad functionality is done well). I shall add you in a bit! I've got Fifa, Assassins Creed, Sonic Racing, Black Ops 2 and Mass Effect 3 to play yet, going to be a long weekend, and thats before using the eshop vouchers!

@Freestyler: Going to be trying out the few Wii games I have left later on, so shall let you know!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:05 pm

Getting a Wii U for Christmas as there not sure what else to get me.. That will be a good Christmas present :D
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:09 pm

im updated and ready :D my tag is grizzl33, will update with impressions soon :)
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:43 pm

posting this from Wii U :) The browser is fast actually, really like it. Anyway, my ID is bakutown

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:17 pm

Freestyler wrote:Can one of you pop an old Wii game in that you're 100% familiar with, and test out the compatibility for me?

Is it 100% accurate or are there emulation differences similar to Xbox 360? How's the control? Speed? Graphics? Legacy Controller compatibility?
I've tested a few wii games so far: sonic colours, new super mario bros wii, resident evil 0, re4, a boy and his blob, mario galaxy and batman brave and the bold.

Graphically all look fine, perhaps a tad better/sharper on my tv as its outputting via hdmi.

Controls are perfect, you can use all wii controllers (but not GameCube unfortunately) and I've noticed no difference what so ever.

Speed wise all but re4 seemed identical to the wii versions. Re4 seemed to have its frame rate drop a half a second a couple of times when I played it (up to the end of the first village encounter). Though I honestly can't remember if it always did that or not?
Mootown wrote:posting this from Wii U :) The browser is fast actually, really like it. Anyway, my ID is bakutown
Yeah, that surprised me as well. I can't see me using the browser all that much but I did notice that it was insanely fast (basically instant). Its faster than any browser I've used on any other wireless device I own.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:15 pm

Shadowman
Space turnip
Grizzly
Mootown

All added upto now, add me on my Nintendo ID is AFTERDARK
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:23 pm

Do you guys know in Miiverse you can send a friend request properly rather than doing 'add' the old way in the user menu?

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:48 am

added everyone so far :)

Right some quick observations on the Wii u itself, had a bit of trouble with the Youtube App, it crashed twice trying to load a video ( had to pull the plug both times. hopefully a bug that can be sorted soon. Other than that i have had a great night playing with my new toy.

Sega allstars racing is a blast, i thought i would try my luck with the new gamepad and see how well i fared, the gamepad has different shoulder buttons than i am used to. very short travel on the buttons and a bit more clicky (kinda like two sets of bumper buttons on the xbox 360 controller. im happy to say that the plays just as well as the 360 copy! the only dip being the odd frame droppage during some of the busier moments. not enough to mar enjoyment but some people obsess over niggles. hope your ready for a race shadow!

New Super Mario Bros. i love the game so far, the graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is traditional and fun and i had an immensely good play session with my Fiance, we took turns boosting eachother using the gamepad and as a novice gamer she enjoyed herself as well. exactly what i wanted!

Zombi U- had a short blast on this and i like the atmosphere, the graphics arent the highest standard but then again they dont need to be. the gamepad usage may take some getting used to but i am willing to give it a fair go of it!

I plan to get myself Epic Mickey 2 tomorrow ( i know someone else buying a Wii u and i am nicking one of his when bought with games :P) i know reviews havent been so hot but the 360 demo filled me with some hope, (the "help me, help you" song did it for me)
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:37 am

I'm not sure the friend adding is working brilliantly - I've added people, but nothing is showing up. Ah well, will try it in the morning when I'm awake!

Played COD tonight, encountered a slight bug (transferred to gamepad, couldnt find anyway of actually switching back...), but as far as the gameplay and graphics, just as good as the 360, and i'm actually finding playing it on gamepad to be just as good. Me and a friend had a go at local multiplayer, worked a charm.

ZombiU multiplayer is pretty good, especially when you spawn a spitting zimbie horde behind your hapless survivor.

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:04 am

Grizzly wrote: I plan to get myself Epic Mickey 2 tomorrow ( i know someone else buying a Wii u and i am nicking one of his when bought with games :P) i know reviews havent been so hot but the 360 demo filled me with some hope, (the "help me, help you" song did it for me)
epic mickey 2 is defo a try before u buy, the wii u version is nowere near as smooth as the 360 demo, iv got it from love film and will be sending it back today!

other than that all is good from what i have upto now, iv got zombie u bundle & mario bros, nintendo land and nano assault neo, i plan on getting tank tank tank! some time today :)

Time now to play some zombie-u :-)
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

Roo

Post by Roo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:13 pm

Got in from work last night, cancelled the update and played some games. Quality.

...but the update was an absolute pain in the arse, particularly with my rubbish internet connection. Being able to connect to the internet and get a NNID was even worse. I've got to admit, all that fannying about has taken the sheen off of the Wii U for me somewhat. My dodgy connection has left me feeling like I've got half a console, in a sense. I'm looking forward to getting onto the chat, Miiverse and the eShop, but I'm annoyed at how my internet connection doesn't want to play ball when it isn't an issue with my 360 (switched off) right beside it.

Anyhoo, Nintendo Land is class, Sonic Transformed plays brilliant, and NSMB is exactly that. No qualms about the games.

~

What a pig that was to set up. Anyhoo, it's done now, and my NNID is Rossdp.

I'll get adding people once my internet connection comes back to life. If you choose to add me beforehand but can't find my Wii U, it's because I'm offline. I've got a shocking internet connection!