Morrisons Bargain Bin Games

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

bensonrad

Morrisons Bargain Bin Games

Post by bensonrad » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:14 am

Was doing a food shop last night and spotted a clearance bin with games in it, all 98p each (new) lots of PC in there, but did find an XBox 360 game Rage for 98p, they had a few Nintendo DS games too like Guitar Hero, and a kids game Corey (somthing or other). So if you have a morrisons near you, might be worth have a looksie.
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

tux

Re: Morrisons Bargain Bin Games

Post by tux » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:02 am

The annoying thing is about 4ish years ago i remeber 10s of copies of Hogs of War(ps1) in one of those "bins". This was before i knew that retro games had any inheriant value otherwise i would have munched them all up!

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:15 am

Spotted quite a few good games in my local Morrisons too. Aside from the £1 PC games I saw Sega Ultimate Collection on PS3 for £5 last week too.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:27 am

There were a some WAC Rally games in there for the PS3 for 98p as well.
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

Dam

Post by Dam » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:46 am

This has been all over hotukdeals the last couple of weeks, with reports of decent games for 98p inc SSF4 and Wii goldeneye, so defiantely worth a look if you are passing a store. There was also 12 months xbox live for about £15 and the star wars kinect xbox console for £200, but they are most likely long gone by now.

I have 3 stores 'near' to me, but they are all about 10 miles away, and every time I make the effort to chase one of these supposed deals its never in any of them, so i've not even bothered this time!

pantal00ns

Post by pantal00ns » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:03 am

Dam wrote:I have 3 stores 'near' to me, but they are all about 10 miles away, and every time I make the effort to chase one of these supposed deals its never in any of them, so i've not even bothered this time!
This is the shame of it all, great deals if you can get them. Last time they had a similar clearout, even by 6pm after work the same day the deals started, they had all gone :(.

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:12 am

I'll have a look on the way home and report back - usually nothing, but never know your luck...

I'm in the mood for a bargain...!
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:19 am

They also have bins of £2 CDs and DVDs, marked with REPLAY stickers, which are used but cleaned and shrink wrapped for sale again, normally the bins are such a mess I don't bother looking. They do have some nice cheap box sets on DVD too all in for xmas. Whats this hotdeals thing, I should sign up to that. I hates to miss a bargain :lol: The check out lady thought the price had come up incorrectly.

pantal00ns

Post by pantal00ns » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:34 am

bensonrad wrote:Whats this hotdeals thing, I should sign up to that. I hates to miss a bargain :lol: The check out lady thought the price had come up incorrectly.
Example here:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/10-nint ... ns-1380126

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:19 pm

will have a look in the one near me tomorrow, thanks

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:11 pm

About a month ago I manage to get 'Lego's 'Pirates of the Caribbean' for PS3 at £7! :D

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:22 pm

bensonrad wrote:They also have bins of £2 CDs and DVDs, marked with REPLAY stickers, which are used but cleaned and shrink wrapped for sale again, normally the bins are such a mess I don't bother looking. They do have some nice cheap box sets on DVD too all in for xmas. Whats this hotdeals thing, I should sign up to that. I hates to miss a bargain :lol: The check out lady thought the price had come up incorrectly.
The replay marked stuff is also the stuff found in Morrisons. I heard tell on various forums and hukd too that these come from Musicmagpie. Would stand to reason as they must find somewhere to get rid of their tat. Ive bought a few things with REPLAY on them that show up in small numbers like A Clash documentary for £1 - worth one watch at very least.

Can never seem to get the PSP games that keep turning up in the £1 shops either - as most of it gets nicked to sell at local crack converters.

As for Morrisons bargains,they always pass me by too - never much of anything here but it is Stratford in London - nothing stays long here!

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:33 pm

I heard tell on various forums and hukd too that these come from Musicmagpie. Would stand to reason as they must find somewhere to get rid of their tat.
Most stuff sold to Music Magpie ends up in the 'Thats Entertainment' chain of stores.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:36 pm

Nipped into the local one on the way home, they had some stuff but nothing really of note, they did have that one solitary copy of Kirbys Epic Yarn that I'd had my eye on for about 6 months for a tenner, it's a pity I'd picked it up from CEX a few weeks ago for a similar price :lol:
Splink!

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:44 pm

learnedrobb wrote:
I heard tell on various forums and hukd too that these come from Musicmagpie. Would stand to reason as they must find somewhere to get rid of their tat.
Most stuff sold to Music Magpie ends up in the 'Thats Entertainment' chain of stores.
Well they need to do something to recoup the £7.50 they paid me 3 weeks ago for 'dj decks and fx' for the PS2. Oddly enough the game is now no longer saleable via their website. Ive made some ok money from them before but what they pay is generally bad and just got worse now they lowered their minimum payment.