Nintendo Wii Mini

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DreamcastRIP

Re: Nintendo Wii Mini

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:29 pm

Grizzly wrote:Now collects 33% less dust!
Too funny! :lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:49 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Does the OP have any thoughts on this topic, or has he now fully transmogrified into a spambot?
does it matter? much better short and to the point than some of the rambling bore fests we get on here.

He posted a link to a new machine that most may have not been aware of, and its a thread that seems to be quite popular, what is the problem?

mainvein

Post by mainvein » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:59 pm

think i must be the only one that thinks it looks alright, thought i read somewhere else its to be rolled out around the world next year too

Roo

Post by Roo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:27 pm

Neat.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:48 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:Does the OP have any thoughts on this topic, or has he now fully transmogrified into a spambot?
does it matter? much better short and to the point than some of the rambling bore fests we get on here.

He posted a link to a new machine that most may have not been aware of, and its a thread that seems to be quite popular, what is the problem?
i think it's the fact that his two follow up posts are direct quotes word for word from the comment section at the bottom of his link and not his own thoughts,at least not in his own words even if he agrees with them.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:52 pm

Well, they made a cheaper alternative for those too poor for the Wii U (Or indeed too poor for Internet for that matter.)

Wonder why they went with Virtual Boy colours? XD
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:02 pm

killbot wrote:I don't get the criticism. Surely almost every new hardware launch is accompanied by the company's previous console being repackaged as a budget option? Master System II, NES Toploader, 2600 jr., SNES jr., PSone... need I go on?
!
Pretty much sums my thoughts up.

I do wonder why Nintendo didn't learn from the '3DS is not just an upgrade to DS' fiasco and this wont help.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Havantgottaclue

Post by Havantgottaclue » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:04 pm

Having been negative about the release of the Wii U, I have to even up the balance and say that this Wii Mini looks a fantastic buy, certainly if it is going to be sold for 99 Canadian dollars. It may be pared down to the bare essentials, but to be able to pick up a fully-fledged console with so many quality games for the equivalent of a little over £60 is really very good indeed. Almost wish now that I didn't have a Wii so I could look forward to the Wii Mini being released over here!
Soon you will have forgotten all things: soon all things will have forgotten you. (Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 7)

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:14 pm

^ Or you could, y'know, spend about £40 on a second-hand Wii...

Havantgottaclue

Post by Havantgottaclue » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:17 pm

I prefer to buy new when possible ... I'm not that keen on putting my faith in how the last owner has treated something.
Soon you will have forgotten all things: soon all things will have forgotten you. (Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 7)

Nautical Rudie

Post by Nautical Rudie » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:18 pm

Seems a bit pointless to me, you can get a second hand Wii for cheaper and have the online stuff. I mean fair enough if people want to by it but surely nearly everyone who wants a Wii has one by now?

However, I wonder if they've considered releasing a wifi enabled 'Virtual' Console that has access to the eshop, VC and Wiiware catalogues plus TVii and channels for film streaming, like Netflix? That could sell well among older casual gamers who fancy some old school Mario but also watch a load of TV and films.
3DS Friend Code: 0130-1873-6926. Give me a shout if you add me!

Havantgottaclue

Post by Havantgottaclue » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:26 pm

You'd rather unwrap a nice shiny new console for Christmas than some battered old thing somebody else has manhandled, wouldn't you? Well?!

Also, I like the tiny form factor - very cute.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:34 pm

Hang on
Hang on
Whoa

No Wifi?
Does it have a Ethernet port?

steve82

Post by steve82 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:02 pm

apologies to the ppl that appear to be annoyed with me

killbot

Post by killbot » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:08 pm

DPrinny wrote:Hang on
Hang on
Whoa

No Wifi?
Does it have a Ethernet port?
No. No internet full stop.

In fairness, only a small fraction of the Wii's library has online modes. The COD games, GoldenEye, Mario Kart, FIFA. The Wii is more about local multiplayer IMO. So it's not a huge loss, unless you really like WiiWare/Virtual Console games.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360