What will get you banned from Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

What will get you banned from Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Post by DPrinny » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Posting this as I find it funny
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... lack-ops-2
By Wesley Yin-Poole Published Monday, 12 November 2012

Treyarch has published its Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 security and enforcement policy, outlining the behaviour that will result in a ban.

There are plenty of obvious offenses in there, for modding/hacking, for example, and for running pirated content. You'll also want to avoid using modded controllers, IP flooders and lag switches.

Boosting is a big no-no. Boosting, for years a problem with online games, involves colluding with another player to exploit the game to gain experience points and unlocks. Glitching, or abusing an exploit in game code, will get you banned too. This might include using a hole in the map geography to intentionally go outside its boundary.

You'll face a ban for using offensive behaviour, such as aggressive or “racially charged” language. If you create an offensive emblem, that is, one with “sexually gratuitous images” or racist material, you could get a ban.

New for Black Ops 2 is an in-game live streaming function that outputs to YouTube. This carries its own ban conditions. So, don't pump out offensive live streams or stream unauthorised content.

“Offensive content includes but is not limited to foul language, racially charged language and nudity," Treyarch said. "Unauthorised content includes but is not limited to unlicensed music, TV shows, movies and brand logos.”

Black Ops 2 launches at midnight tonight and is expected to set records for game sales and online play.
Bolded bit is for chuckles, its like they want to ban almost all its players

Hitman_HalStep

Re: What will get you banned from Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:23 pm

nice if they do it though i lost count of the number of nazi emblems i reported for the first game,and any bnp ones that showed up,i wasn't bothered by bad language since i hardly ever used a mic and kept my tv down while playing,plus there was no real proof that it had happened.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

killbot

Post by killbot » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:36 pm

So maybe, for the first time, CoD isn't going to be a hotbed of teenage racists and morons.

Hooray! Nice that this is coinciding with the launch of the WiiU too, as I believe that Black Ops 2 is going to be the first CoD game on a Nintendo console to have voice chat. I've played a fair bit of MW3 and Black Ops online on the Wii and always been glad that voice chat wasn't supported given some of the horror stories I've heard from 360 owners about the behaviour they've witnessed.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:26 pm

hope they keep the ranters, its great when you get them so wound up that they start to snap

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:38 pm

I think you'll all find it not to be as near as good as the first, very disappointed at black ops 2, I had the privilege of 5 day play test of the release date and have to say, the future tech makes I pointless. 5/10.
↓↓Click Link to See More
http://www.greyfoxbooks.com

KM*

Post by KM* » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:06 am

So 95% of the players will get banned the first week? ;D

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:01 am

I'd love to know how many they actually do ban...
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

ZXSabreman

Post by ZXSabreman » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:50 am

Greyfox wrote:I think you'll all find it not to be as near as good as the first, very disappointed at black ops 2, I had the privilege of 5 day play test of the release date and have to say, the future tech makes I pointless. 5/10.
Well i'm a Cod veteran if one exists, played all of them on console and pc, Cod 2 competitively in a pc gaming league in my pc days (i'm strictly ps3 now)
Black Opps 2 is the best console Cod since the original MW4, it's much better than the original Black Opps, infact I am very surprised how good it is.
I wasn't going to bother with Cod this year, however I couldn't resist it when I went into town yesterday morning, I am so glad I did.

It is all about opinions mate, ours differ
"Time fades even legend..."

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:20 am

I like yourself have played them all from day one, I talking about some of the tech in the single player game, you get stealth camo and it makes it pointless, as you can simply walk up to someone and pop them in the love spuds and blah, but playing it further in, it is very good , but I just don't like the direction they've taken it with all the future tech, defeats the equality on the battle field, a little too much for my liking is all.

So I take back my score and raise it to a decent 7/10 now that I have played it more.
↓↓Click Link to See More
http://www.greyfoxbooks.com

ZXSabreman

Post by ZXSabreman » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:43 am

Greyfox wrote:I like yourself have played them all from day one, I talking about some of the tech in the single player game, you get stealth camo and it makes it pointless, as you can simply walk up to someone and pop them in the love spuds and blah, but playing it further in, it is very good , but I just don't like the direction they've taken it with all the future tech, defeats the equality on the battle field, a little too much for my liking is all.

So I take back my score and raise it to a decent 7/10 now that I have played it more.
I haven't ventured into anything other than multiplayer, that's what Cod is about for me, will look at it at some stage but the urge for multiplayer when it's booted up is something I can't resist
"Time fades even legend..."

merman

Post by merman » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:46 am

Right, I'm going to get a copy, start up multiplayer and run around shouting "Medal of Honour Warfighter is a better game" and see if I get banned...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:08 am

merman wrote:Right, I'm going to get a copy, start up multiplayer and run around shouting "Medal of Honour Warfighter is a better game" and see if I get banned...
They wouldn't be able to ban you because they'd be too busy laughing at how stupid the words coming out of your mouth would be.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:55 am

merman wrote:Right, I'm going to get a copy, start up multiplayer and run around shouting "Medal of Honour Warfighter is a better game" and see if I get banned...
Run around shouting "DOOM is better" you will probably get promoted