worst game you actually finished

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

snowkatt

worst game you actually finished

Post by snowkatt » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:38 am

recently we talked about games that were abominations but we enjoyed anyway
and games that were just plain abominations

so this time lets talk about the abominations you actually finished ( and enjoyed playing or not enjoyed at all and were just determinated to finish the damn thing before it finished you )

the first one that comes to mind for me are the bouncer ( garbage ) and altered beast ( a flimsy tech demo ) all things considered i liked altered beast more
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

DPrinny

Re: worst game you actually finished

Post by DPrinny » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:18 am

Shaq-fu, played it threw on single player

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:43 am

Kasumi Ninja on all difficulty settings - Gyaku is ridiculously easy to defeat once you know how.

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:40 am

Fight Night Round 3...the most tedious 6 hours of my life.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:49 am

Some Dukes of Hazzard game on PS1.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

che_don_john

Post by che_don_john » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:34 am

The first Assassin's Creed. I absolutely hated it, but used to have a compulsion whereby once I started something I had to finish it. The last 'memory'/stage was particularly painful; my mate was watching me playing and shrewdly remarked, "Why are you playing this? You clearly hate it!". Since then I've lost that compulsion and will happily quit on a game if I'm not enjoying it (although that's only happened with MGS4).

Must say though that I thought ACII was terrific, a great example of how to make a sequel.
CheDonJohn's Sale/Trade/Wanted/Giveaway thread

PSN ID, XBL Gamertag and Steam: CheDonJohn
Playfire profile

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:45 am

What was that game based on Monkey but set in a future world? Awfully dull gameplay that was far to repetitious. The story kept me playing, but even that was contrived.

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:56 am

Liamh1982 wrote:Kasumi Ninja on all difficulty settings - Gyaku is ridiculously easy to defeat once you know how.
I have completed that too. On the same theme I finished Double Dragon V on the Jaguar - easily one of the worst games ever made.

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:02 am

DPrinny wrote:Shaq-fu, played it threw on single player
This

and Pit Fighter
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:04 am

che_don_john wrote:The first Assassin's Creed. I absolutely hated it, but used to have a compulsion whereby once I started something I had to finish it.
Ugh, yeah. Assassin's Creed was such a chore to finish and the ending does not make up for it. It has put me of playing any of the sequels.

That's not the worse game I have finished though - that accolade goes to The Thing on PS2. The graphics were poor (even for the PS2), the controls were from a time before 3rd person control schemes were worked out and the gameplay is incredibly tedious. There are many, many rooms where you just die instantly the first time you get into them. For example, you crawl out of a vent into a room and it'll just spontaneously combust. Or your teammate, who you just tested, turns into an alien. Utter utter crud. Aliens are impossible to kill without taking damage, because you have to shoot them for a bit, then burn them. You'll invariably burn yourself when you burn them and, to top it all off, they'll spill little aliens when they die too.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:38 am

Duke Nukem Forever. I felt like an abused spouse, still coming back for more in the hope it would change. It didn't.

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Not sure what the worst I've completed is, but Assassin's Creed would definitely be on my list too.
LastFM | Mods | Music | Twitter | YouTube

Zwischen Leere und Nichts

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:45 pm

SirClive wrote:What was that game based on Monkey but set in a future world? Awfully dull gameplay that was far to repetitious. The story kept me playing, but even that was contrived.
enslaved odyssey to the west,i thought it was a really good game but each to their own.for me sniper ghost warrior,boring as hell and you keep getting stuck behind bits of scenery the character should easily step over.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

Garry

Post by Garry » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:36 pm

finished Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, oh dear, oh dear
whatever happened to codemasters

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Michigan: Report from Hell PS2. I actually really liked this game even though I had no reason at all for doing so. I suppose it could be loosely described as "survival horror" but there's not much game in there TBH. It feels like the early FMV games where you'd watch some stuff going on then participate in a ropey mini game of sorts and I can hardly recall any of it. It's the polar oposite of Sega games for me; I really want to like Sega games but nearly always fail to do so while MrfH I really liked, even though I knew the whole way it was just a bit rubbish.