Super Smash TV

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

killbot

Super Smash TV

Post by killbot » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:53 pm

I've been after a copy of this for a while and a reasonably priced one has just appeared in a local second-hand shop. The only problem - it's the Mega Drive version and I've been hoping to find the SNES version instead. I assume that the SNES version uses the ABXY buttons as a secondary stick allowing you to play the game properly with only one pad. The MD version, I gather, uses the same fudged control scheme that most of the home ports used. Is the MD version any good or should I keep holding out for a SNES copy?

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

DPrinny

Re: Super Smash TV

Post by DPrinny » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:24 pm

SNES, you need to be able to shoot where needed

Richtendo

Post by Richtendo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:23 pm

killbot wrote: I assume that the SNES version uses the ABXY buttons as a secondary stick allowing you to play the game properly with only one pad.
I used to play this on Snes back in the early 90's. It did indeed have the ABXY buttons firing up, down, left and right, allowing you to run in one direction, and gun in another.

Dam

Post by Dam » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Richtendo wrote:
killbot wrote: I assume that the SNES version uses the ABXY buttons as a secondary stick allowing you to play the game properly with only one pad.
I used to play this on Snes back in the early 90's. It did indeed have the ABXY buttons firing up, down, left and right, allowing you to run in one direction, and gun in another.
Not only that, but if you can find a complete copy of SFC game Libble Rabble (quite cheap usually) it comes with a plastic disc that fits over the buttons giving you another d-pad, awesome! Or so I imagine. I don't actually have one.

killbot

Post by killbot » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:44 am

DPrinny wrote:SNES, you need to be able to shoot where needed
Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought. Thanks!

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:31 am

I really like the MD version personally