Super Smash TV

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Post Reply
User avatar
killbot
Posts: 4824
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 5:36 am

Super Smash TV

Post by killbot » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:53 pm

I've been after a copy of this for a while and a reasonably priced one has just appeared in a local second-hand shop. The only problem - it's the Mega Drive version and I've been hoping to find the SNES version instead. I assume that the SNES version uses the ABXY buttons as a secondary stick allowing you to play the game properly with only one pad. The MD version, I gather, uses the same fudged control scheme that most of the home ports used. Is the MD version any good or should I keep holding out for a SNES copy?
Image

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24359
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Super Smash TV

Post by DPrinny » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:24 pm

SNES, you need to be able to shoot where needed

User avatar
Richtendo
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:34 pm

Re: Super Smash TV

Post by Richtendo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:23 pm

killbot wrote: I assume that the SNES version uses the ABXY buttons as a secondary stick allowing you to play the game properly with only one pad.
I used to play this on Snes back in the early 90's. It did indeed have the ABXY buttons firing up, down, left and right, allowing you to run in one direction, and gun in another.

User avatar
Dam
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:14 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Super Smash TV

Post by Dam » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Richtendo wrote:
killbot wrote: I assume that the SNES version uses the ABXY buttons as a secondary stick allowing you to play the game properly with only one pad.
I used to play this on Snes back in the early 90's. It did indeed have the ABXY buttons firing up, down, left and right, allowing you to run in one direction, and gun in another.
Not only that, but if you can find a complete copy of SFC game Libble Rabble (quite cheap usually) it comes with a plastic disc that fits over the buttons giving you another d-pad, awesome! Or so I imagine. I don't actually have one.

User avatar
killbot
Posts: 4824
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 5:36 am

Re: Super Smash TV

Post by killbot » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:44 am

DPrinny wrote:SNES, you need to be able to shoot where needed
Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought. Thanks!
Image

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

User avatar
The Laird
Posts: 8496
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:01 am
Location: Luton
Contact:

Re: Super Smash TV

Post by The Laird » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:31 am

I really like the MD version personally

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest