Favourite Movie tie-in

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

lanky316

Re: Favourite Movie tie-in

Post by lanky316 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:11 pm

For me it's either Batman the Movie or Ghostbusters on the C64. Spent so much time playing both of those over the years. Though there were some fun Disney platformers on the MD that were great. Lion King and Aladdin especially.

Machine+Soul

Post by Machine+Soul » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:42 pm

A couple already mentioned are

Die Hard Arcade (Saturn though not Playstation)

The Thing-Xbox

A few others
Alien Ressurection-Playstation
Alien Trilogy- Saturn
Stargate-Megadrive

I loved Stargate despite some dodgy control issues what a wonderful run n gun platformer

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:53 pm

Didn't realise there was a Stargate game of the movie. Whilst looking around for info I found this video review and it looks pretty dire to be honest... http://www.mefeedia.com/watch/26609000
Or was the MD version better than the SNES?

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:47 pm

Die Hard: Arcade, even though the link is horrendously tenous

3 pages and no mention of Moonwalker (arcade) great little game by Sega or The Megadrive game (Moonwalker)

I can also stress the love for Madagascar 1 and 2 on the Ps2. Awesome, with extra awesome added. Okay they are kids game but tiki golf and loads of hidden extras if you know where to look make them, very very enjoyable!
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:10 am

SirClive wrote:Didn't realise there was a Stargate game of the movie. Whilst looking around for info I found this video review and it looks pretty dire to be honest... http://www.mefeedia.com/watch/26609000
I've got a copy of this, and I find it quite enjoyable (then again, I do like the movie and the series....not universe though, load of tripe.)
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

SpeedBreaker

Post by SpeedBreaker » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:51 am

I quite enjoyed Capcom's Willow.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:15 am

SirClive wrote:Didn't realise there was a Stargate game of the movie. Whilst looking around for info I found this video review and it looks pretty dire to be honest... http://www.mefeedia.com/watch/26609000
No, no, and NO. It's a horrible game - released in the dying days of the Mega Drive, when every other game was a movie-based platformer.
Some nice animation in it, but that's about all it's got going for it.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:23 am

I really liked, 'Citizen Kane' the game.
Level one was a sledge race similar to MW2 level Cliffhanger
Level two was a sim style business game
Level three sees you attempting to collect artifacts in Xanadu similar to Jet Set Willy whilst being chased by a glass snow globe

I've got this thread right havn't I?

Machine+Soul

Post by Machine+Soul » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:54 am

JetSetWilly wrote:
I've got a copy of this, and I find it quite enjoyable (then again, I do like the movie and the series....not universe though, load of tripe.)
Have to agree with this wasn't too chuffed with Universe. The stargate game does have its problems mostly in controls but when you figure out HOW to play it it comes to life. Took me about 3 months to get past the first lot of caves but after that I suddenly got good at it. Not bad for a game that cost me 50p new in the reduced section of tandy.

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:28 am

Home Alone.

Love the Gameboy version, and also love it on the Megadrive.

Plus the film is awesommmme!

"keep the change, you filthy animal."
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

witchfinder

Post by witchfinder » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:57 am

Batman: The Movie on the C64 (and later Amiga) would be one of my faves. Also Ghostbusters on the C64 did a great job of capturing the spirit of the movie on limited hardware. So the obvious choices really! ;)
The 100k Challenge - 40 Arcade Classics. 2 MAME Cabs. 1 Average Gamer.
Mastertronic Chronicles - Mastertronic C64 Game Collecting and Reviews
My Youtube Channel (featuring Mastertronic, Funspot, REPLAY and more!)

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:35 pm

I am quite frankly disgusted at how little Goldeneye has been mentioned in this thread. :P

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:30 pm

Machine+Soul wrote:
JetSetWilly wrote:
Have to agree with this wasn't too chuffed with Universe. The stargate game does have its problems mostly in controls but when you figure out HOW to play it it comes to life. Took me about 3 months to get past the first lot of caves but after that I suddenly got good at it. Not bad for a game that cost me 50p new in the reduced section of tandy.
Glad I'm not the only one who likes this. Love the game. Can't get passed Horus (....or is it Anubis?) in the city. Rock hard bugger he is. Love GoldenEye as well. Even more so than Stargate, tbh, as much as I like SG though.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:41 pm

I'll agree with the majority on Ghostbusters, Goldeneye...all great..... but i have to admit i have a soft spot for Gremlins on the Gameboy :D
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:44 pm

JetSetWilly wrote: Can't get passed Horus (....or is it Anubis?) in the city. Rock hard bugger he is.
Not played the game...but i can tell you Horus has the head of a Falcon and Anubis has the head of a Jackal.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)