Dishonored

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DreamcastRIP

Re: Dishonored

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:41 pm

sscott wrote:P1ssing hell I'm gonna have to buy it now. Then that's it this month dammit!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi_3v-FpKFg :mrgreen:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:45 pm

Just finished this with the bad ending and wow what a Brilliant game annoying towards the end and really love the Gothic 17th century look to this.. Only problem I have with this it forces you not to kill people as the dead bodies attracts the rats which spread the plague; turning the townfolk into Reapers.. On my playthrough as my Chaos rating was high most of Men and Women in town had turned into Weepers(even take damage from them as you stealth them) and the place was flooded.. A

Like the different ways for assassinating the targets poisoning the guys drink and playing the Priests confession "That he killed the Empress" over the Radio taking him down the non lethal way.. Would play through this again with stealth but its more fun killing them!!
Last edited by Shinobi on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:10 pm

got it for Christmas and loving it so far, really good setting and the atmosphere is great too, very creepy. another cracking game from 2012

Dave300

Post by Dave300 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:05 am

I completed this some time ago using mainly stealth and non-lethal, hence I hardly saw any weepers, rats, etc other than where it looks like they were scripted to be. I thought it was a fantastic game and thoroughly enjoyed it. :D

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:50 am

ive killed pretty much everything so far

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:18 pm

I purchased the DLC extra missions pack at a discounted price a few days ago. Not played them yet though...
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

ChipTune

Post by ChipTune » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:38 pm

I thought Dishonored was excellent.. the dunwall trials DLC was not so good though to be honest. The weird speed tests and arcade style score attacks didn't suit the core game at all. The only good level was the burglary one, the others were pretty horrible tbh.

JD!

Post by JD! » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:08 am

Hey guys, first post here for a long while. Hello again. :D

I bought it on release day here in Australia. I enjoyed the game but I don't think it's the amazing title reviews have been claiming it to be. I still find Deus Ex (original) to be the best stealth FPS I've played (no, I've not played Theif :wink: ) and I do tend to judge games against it. It was really short, as well. Maybe I bought into the hype and was expecting too much. I'm sure I'll play it again in the future and my opinions may change.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:11 am

Possibly the only thing I'd criticise the game for was that although the art style of the graphics are beautiful the PC version still used the same crappy low res textures from the console version. Lazy.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:21 pm

I'm about six hours in and it is an absolute turd so far. Tedious, frustrating and generic. Character designs are from fable, powers and upgrades from bioshock, sneaking around from every other stealth game ever. The first person point of view is unsuitable for the type of gameplay. It gives the illusion of freedom but is a lot of smoke and mirrors. The review scores are crazy, if this is GOTY it's time for another hobby :)

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:26 am

finished this last night, magnificent game fully deserving of all the high scores, lets hope there is a sequel

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:35 pm

This game is getting ever closer to my "Considered Buy" price point. Any word on if it's getting a series, or is it strictly a one-off?
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:38 pm

picked it up with great hope, but so far not really impressed. Gameplay and graphics are both nothing special to me. I have it on PS3, and some of the graphics looks more like PS2 in places.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:50 pm

Freestyler wrote:This game is getting ever closer to my "Considered Buy" price point. Any word on if it's getting a series, or is it strictly a one-off?
Hopefully, yes. A game as good as this deserves a series
Sales of Dishonored have outstripped Bethesda’s expectations, a situation that - according to Bethesda - puts the publisher in a position to turn the stealth action game into a franchise.

VP of PR and Marketing at Bethesda Pete Hines said, "I can tell you that Dishonored is far exceeding our sales expectations, which is especially cool considering it's new IP facing a host of well-established franchises this quarter.

"We did terrific numbers again this past weekend, both in stores and on Steam, where Dishonored was listed as the #1 selling title over the holiday weekend. And Dishonored has really sold well overseas."

"So, we're very pleased and appreciate all the fans that have supported Dishonored and Arkane. We clearly have a new franchise."

New franchise! New sequels! Sounds good to us.

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:54 pm

Good news then, and one in the eye of people (myself included) who said introducing new franchises was near-impossible in the current CoD/Halo dominated landscape.
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.