Amstrad CPC game released on Sega Mega Drive

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

shiftytigger

Re: Amstrad CPC game released on Sega Mega Drive

Post by shiftytigger » Wed May 15, 2013 6:22 pm

Despite vague emails to keep me at bay I have never received this game. Now wonder if there is any means by which to seek a refund. Shockingly bad service and very poor communication. Would love to have named and shamed them in the magazine but not sure it would do anything other than make me feel better.

Once im properly back on the internet I will hunt them down and badger them to death.

Wondering if anyone else ordered in the uk and if so are you still out there waiting?

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu May 16, 2013 6:13 am

shiftytigger wrote:Despite vague emails to keep me at bay I have never received this game. Now wonder if there is any means by which to seek a refund. Shockingly bad service and very poor communication. Would love to have named and shamed them in the magazine but not sure it would do anything other than make me feel better.

Once im properly back on the internet I will hunt them down and badger them to death.

Wondering if anyone else ordered in the uk and if so are you still out there waiting?
Yep I've been having the same issue as you, they contacted me a month ago asking if everything was ok with my order and since the I've been emailing every week. I'd think this was a scam but people seem to have recieved a copy of the game. It's terrible and because its been going on for so long I can't even get a PAYPAL refund. Boooo

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri May 17, 2013 6:12 am

Rather cheekily they've announced their next game which I'd usually pick up, but not any more.

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/1985-a ... pment.html

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri May 17, 2013 6:22 am

gmintyfresh wrote:because its been going on for so long I can't even get a PAYPAL refund. Boooo
if your PayPal was paid via credit card, the card company may offer some protection.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri May 17, 2013 8:37 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:because its been going on for so long I can't even get a PAYPAL refund. Boooo
if your PayPal was paid via credit card, the card company may offer some protection.
Thanks for the advice, unfortunately it was by debit card! Got a response today after sending a grumpy email to them I'll post it on here at some point but it looks to me like they're going to blame the post for it not arriving

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Fri May 17, 2013 12:12 pm

I blame Pier Solar and Watermelon for raising the bar for homebrew - possibly unfeasibly high for smaller projects to reach.

Its the same 'email me' response every time and im just shocked at the service.

Ive tweeted, forum posted and emailed now im at my limit.

Shame as I could have been quite interested in the new project but now I have nothing good to say about those responsible.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon May 20, 2013 5:15 am

shiftytigger wrote:I blame Pier Solar and Watermelon for raising the bar for homebrew - possibly unfeasibly high for smaller projects to reach.

Its the same 'email me' response every time and im just shocked at the service.

Ive tweeted, forum posted and emailed now im at my limit.

Shame as I could have been quite interested in the new project but now I have nothing good to say about those responsible.
I've damn sure that I'm going to take every opportunity to let people know now how poor 1985 Alernativo are, a real shame because I would have been really supportive of a new shmup on the MD.

Anyway a cautionary tale, see the email extracts below and see how awful 1985 Alternativo are. I can make allowances for indie developers but if you create a game and put it in a marketplace you've got to provide at least as good a service as you'd expect yourself. The "we're fans too" card too just doesn't hold up, I'm not hopeful of ever getting this game.

2013/5/17 Johnson Geoff

Further to my two emails below please can you update me, I'm finding your customer service to be very poor.

Geoff

Fri 17/05/2013 12:12

Hi Geoff,
Sorry for our saturation. Our customer service is very poor, because we are very few people friend. This is not a business for us and don't earn money. But likewise we're fully responsible if any order has not arrived. More than sellers we're buyers and collectors like you.
We will check your order and any game returned (it's true that a few were returned for not pick or any problem), can be ship again without any cost for you.
Thank you four your patience friend. We're at your service.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue May 21, 2013 7:19 am

It appears I MAY have got somewhere with this order......

Our pleasure, thank you to you for your patience friend.
Perfect, we hope ship tomorrow :)

2013/5/21 Johnson Geoff
Thank you very much for your response, my shipping address is:

xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxx

Geoff

From: 1985 Alternativo [mailto:contacto@1985alternativo.com]
Sent: 21 May 2013 10:35

To: Johnson Geoff
Subject: Re: Oh Mummy

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for your patience. Please, can you confirm your shipping address? There must have been a mistake because the game has not been returned. Some people chose Spain as a country and this has caused an error in the ZIP code, maybe this is the problem. If you can confirm your full address we will send you another game tomorrow.
Best regards friend.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Tue May 21, 2013 9:18 am

I got exactly the same email this morning. Trouble is ive moved since I ordered. Lol.

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Wed May 22, 2013 6:50 pm

This is a really sad state of affiars. It makes me glad I was too poor to preorder the game at the time. Hope you guys get your games soon...

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu May 23, 2013 4:59 am

shiftytigger wrote:I got exactly the same email this morning. Trouble is ive moved since I ordered. Lol.
Bugger, I hope you can trace it back FRIEND ;)

Mancman

Post by Mancman » Mon May 27, 2013 12:08 pm

I remember the first time I fired this up me old green screen and if I remember correctly a little news flash comes up about a newly discovered tomb being found in Egypt and I excitedly told my mum about how my new cpc would give you news bulletins. Thought I was connected to the Internet before it even existed, lol.

Yeah, it was my first home computer and didn't realise the power of my new Amstrad!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon May 27, 2013 12:13 pm

I suppose it would only be a further kick in the balls to say that the game has now been released as a free download?

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/the-te ... nload.html

:|
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed May 29, 2013 5:23 am

Megamixer wrote:I suppose it would only be a further kick in the balls to say that the game has now been released as a free download?

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/the-te ... nload.html

:|
Nah I was always interested in the physical cart, the way things are panning out this might be the only way I get to play the game...... :D

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Wed May 29, 2013 5:54 am

If you want payback, maybe you should get the download, knock together some fake carts, and start flogging them on eBay until yours finally arrives. :lol: