Borderlands 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

koopa42

Re: Borderlands 2

Post by koopa42 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:04 pm

I'm pretty sure that I did every mission except Gee and Hyperious. What is strange is that Shade sent me to kill Gee NOT Hyperious? Which would suggest that the time I did it with you did count? but it didn't knock the mission off my TVH list??!!??!!! Game rage.

I went back on it after my rage, tried ultimate mode ...... what a joke. I didn't die but every battle is going to take 1 billion years :roll: cheap cheap crap

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:35 pm

It wouldn't knock the Hyperius mission off your TVHM list because I was playing the DLC in normal at the time. Your missions, and any achieved earnings are based on the playthrough of the HOST.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:32 pm

koopa42 wrote:I went back on it after my rage, tried ultimate mode ...... what a joke. I didn't die but every battle is going to take 1 billion years :roll: cheap cheap crap
UVHM needed an Achievement really. I've been playing on it and there's definitely a "wtf am I doing this for? " feel to the proceedings. I'm just flitting about between the main campaign, the pirate DLC and the Tina DLC. The mode definitely needs more of a focus than just playing through the already overly familiar campaign for, well, the same old same old.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:39 pm

The Beans wrote:
koopa42 wrote:I went back on it after my rage, tried ultimate mode ...... what a joke. I didn't die but every battle is going to take 1 billion years :roll: cheap cheap crap
UVHM needed an Achievement really. I've been playing on it and there's definitely a "wtf am I doing this for? " feel to the proceedings. I'm just flitting about between the main campaign, the pirate DLC and the Tina DLC. The mode definitely needs more of a focus than just playing through the already overly familiar campaign for, well, the same old same old.
Agreed. It's a shame, it's really sad when they do this to an otherwise awesome game. I think I'll get my Assasin maxed for the 'stay invisi for a year' cheevo then just blat the remaining DLC 'for a look' and bin the game. I was after maxing this just because I liked the game but sod the DLC crap.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:46 pm

koopa42 wrote:Agreed. It's a shame, it's really sad when they do this to an otherwise awesome game. I think I'll get my Assasin maxed for the 'stay invisi for a year' cheevo then just blat the remaining DLC 'for a look' and bin the game. I was after maxing this just because I liked the game but sod the DLC crap.
It's easily maxable mate. All the Achievements can be done on Normal. Even if your pirate booty Normal run is borked on one character or something it can be flown through with another high level character in no time. I'll be on this over the weekend and we can cane it in co-op easy enough then do your outstanding DLC in UVHM for a doss. At least it'll give me a reason to do UVHM, I've no Achievements left for what I own. I've got spare Bees at level 52-54 too. Makes UVHM less of a chore (although it's still a chore).

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:53 pm

Yeah I know I know, it's stupid OCD on my part :oops: I really enjoyed the max plays on both Borderlands and Borderlands 2 ..... it's where the games come into their own but as you say, the level raise and stuff just chores it into un-enjoyment.

Do you know if completed quests 'stack' between plays for the 'all side quest' cheevos, My 3 plays are now in a right mess since I chose the 'combine completed quests from another play' option and it might just be as well to restart the DLCs to make sure I snag all quests? I've looked online but can't see an answer because it's a crap question LOL

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:45 am

Not sure, but I suspect you will have to complete all missions on ONE particular playthrough for it to count.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:46 am

Mayhem wrote:Not sure, but I suspect you will have to complete all missions on ONE particular playthrough for it to count.
I would agree with this BUT why did it give me the option to blank missions from previous plays?

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:27 am

final DLC out next week for those of you still playing:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/05/final-bor ... r-4291369/

necronom

Post by necronom » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:23 am

I've been playing this a lot over the last two weeks. It's too big as it is without inventing more of it! It's good, but feels more like a data disk than a sequel. I'm surprised that they spent time making this (instead of giving it to someone else), instead of Aliens:CM, which is what they were massive fans of and was a new game.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:52 pm

If anyone doesn't have this game but wants it on PS3 theres one on the RN+ thread. Just put up a suitable replacement. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:09 pm

Rise from your forum grave!

The Handsome Collection or whatever it's called is nearly upon the XO and PS4 and I'm looking forward to diving into the old Borderlands 2 for more shooting and looting goodness once again. I sparked up the trusty 360 the other day to remind myself where I was when I Ieft the game last and put my saves in the cloud for revival on the XO. I'm good to go with a level 67 soldier, 47 psycho and 42 siren and Badass ranks galore.
Can't wait tbh.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:20 pm

The Beans wrote:Rise from your forum grave!

The Handsome Collection or whatever it's called is nearly upon the XO and PS4 and I'm looking forward to diving into the old Borderlands 2 for more shooting and looting goodness once again. I sparked up the trusty 360 the other day to remind myself where I was when I Ieft the game last and put my saves in the cloud for revival on the XO. I'm good to go with a level 67 soldier, 47 psycho and 42 siren and Badass ranks galore.
Can't wait tbh.
I didn't even know it was coming out :shock: Well, i know what my next purchase is.... :D 8) Cheers for the info!
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)