Borderlands 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Mayhem

Re: Borderlands 2

Post by Mayhem » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:18 am

Cheers, I'll look out for them. Evidently if I have found any yet, they haven't been as good as the one I already possessed at the time.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:56 pm

Mayhem wrote:I've only got about 3-4 challenges still on level 1 with my assassin, so I might be close, but I suspect I haven't revealed some of the secret challenges for the achievement.
Some of them don't unlock until you've completed level 5 of a certain weapon challenge. The "Shotgun Sniper" challenge didn't appear until I'd maxed out the shotgun's "Open Wide!" (point blank kills) challenge, for example.

If you're missing a challenge there's bound to be a list of them knocking about somewhere if you google.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:35 pm

had a scare last night the game froze on me (the first and only time) so resetting my ps3 and reloading whilst praying to the gods of gaming that i haven't lost my badass points and thankfully they are still there,very relieved.best horror game of the year!!! :wink:
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:52 pm

I have had just one lock up, in the Bloodshot Stronghold @ Mad Mike. I went into dual wield, there were baddies everywhere, I'd thrown all my MIRV grenades and they were going off, I was firing x2 launchers ..... and then used my 'come at me bro' skill :D it locked up as I was flicking the fingers! Annoying as it was? I smiled LOL

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:58 pm

mine was tundra express doing the "you killed me" mission,there were a few attackers but i wasn't stressing the game at all,i went straight back in to that mission and it played fine.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:57 pm

AAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

2 hours! TWO BOLLOX HOURS!!!!!! looking for the treasure in the DLC :x :x :x and when I see what I'm looking for? all to obvious really :oops: :oops: :oops:

God damn it Leeroy indeed :D

Great game! I'm also rocking my rather awesome pink/purple fluffy unicorn on my T-shirt skin :lol:

astaroth

Post by astaroth » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:07 pm

Worth a buy then? Considering getting a season pass.................

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:14 pm

astaroth wrote:Worth a buy then? Considering getting a season pass.................
As I said the other night ..... deffo! and I'm not binning the game so mucho co-op still to be had

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:46 am

Chore chore chore :( Levelling from 45 onwards is sooooooooooooooooooo slow :oops: don't get me wrong, I'm doing the missions and stuff including the DLC (which is rather quite fun) but have stopped doing sidequests and am just blatting through the big XP missions ...... is STILL taking ages LOL

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:45 am

The Beans wrote:If you're missing a challenge there's bound to be a list of them knocking about somewhere if you google.
Yeah, I've been specifically hoarding away in the bank or secret stash when I find them any item that will help my assassin complete all the challenges. Such as a shield that absorbs bullets, or a decent Bouncing Betty. Just so I can equip them briefly, go to a location with low level enemies and unleash fury heh. Need to crouch more with an assault rifle too...

Got the 90 seconds of Gunzerk, just need to get my assassin up to level 31 for that achievement and all four skill ones will be done. Tried the Bandit Technical "glitch" but couldn't get it to work.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:02 pm

Mayhem wrote:Tried the Bandit Technical "glitch" but couldn't get it to work.
For the passenger challenge?
It's not a glitch. Just get in the back of the Technical and kill enemies from there. Not in the Technical's turret, get in the passenger seats in the back. You can obtain this challenge in solo play. Unless it's been patched or something. It worked for me is all I can say.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:33 pm

Did/is anyone else finding the level gap between 47 and 50 massive? It's taking ages and is NOT fun anymore. I'm battering the DLC but there are enemies their that take your shield down in one and kill you in 2 or 3 BUT if you kill them? you get p1ss xp? and don't even get me started on the cursed pirate scum! worst baddies EVER!

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:42 am

I'd hit level 50 by the time I got through Sawtooth Cauldron on TVH, and that was without doing all sidequests (I left the ones with decent guns so I could complete them for level 50 weapons later on). It didn't seem like too much of a chore and as I said earlier in the thread, I thought the level cap had actually come way too early.

Playing solo the game gets pretty arduous in TVH. The enemy numbers and the damage they do become a real pain. Unfortunately, to max your level you have to keep pushing forward into new areas in TVH through the story missions because that's where the decent XP is. I spent some time in Caustic Cavern and Lynchwood too.

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:26 am

The Beans wrote:For the passenger challenge?
No, to unlock the achievement for being in deception mode for 10 seconds with the assassin before you reach level 31 (hence putting a skill point on the bottom of the right hand tree). Apparently if you're in the back of the Bandit Technical and shift position while in deception mode when the counter is close to zero, it can glitch and continue past the point it should quit. Look on YouTube, there are videos present.

Spent last night going over challenges I hadn't reached level 2 on yet with my assassin. Half of them were for the rocket launcher, which isn't a real surprise given I haven't use it a lot. In the process, completed round five of the Creature Slaughter Dome by virtue of BadAss Pyro Thresher + DBNO + rocket launcher = second wind. All I have left now is to kill one more Constructor, and get 750 point blank shotty kills to unlock Shotgun Sniper. So two challenges... shouldn't take too long hopefully.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:37 am

Mayhem wrote:No, to unlock the achievement for being in deception mode for 10 seconds with the assassin before you reach level 31 (hence putting a skill point on the bottom of the right hand tree). Apparently if you're in the back of the Bandit Technical and shift position while in deception mode when the counter is close to zero, it can glitch and continue past the point it should quit. Look on YouTube, there are videos present.

Spent last night going over challenges I hadn't reached level 2 on yet with my assassin. Half of them were for the rocket launcher, which isn't a real surprise given I haven't use it a lot. In the process, completed round five of the Creature Slaughter Dome by virtue of BadAss Pyro Thresher + DBNO + rocket launcher = second wind. All I have left now is to kill one more Constructor, and get 750 point blank shotty kills to unlock Shotgun Sniper. So two challenges... shouldn't take too long hopefully.
I haven't touched the Assassin yet. It sounds pretty cool, I might go with that class next.