Borderlands 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

koopa42

Re: Borderlands 2

Post by koopa42 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:22 pm

FCUK you Gearbox c()nts! This is not and never will be my game of the year now, I'd rather have the aborted fetus that is Resi 6 than this crap. I've been on the challenges today and just found there is a missable challenge 'protect the turrets' on Eridium Blight so now I have to get it on TVH? Fcking forced gaming SH1T, and it's achievement linked too (get level 1 in all challenges). I picked up Donkey mong today as well but this sh1t took the shine off it.

So people be aware ..... When you have to wait for Cuntrap to open the gates at the end of the Eridium Blight? keep the turrets up. Fcking gearbastards :x I hope they go bust.

As looting games go? this is average at best and I can't see me putting time into any other builds, hulk FTW then bin.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:27 pm

^^what section of the challenges is that in ?
the reason i ask is that the trophy/achievement says complete level 1 of non level specific challenges.so if it's under the eridiun blight challenges then it shouldn't matter towards the trophy/achievement.

oh and thanks FT for the gold keys warning.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:34 pm

Hitman_HalStep wrote:^^what section of the challenges is that in ?
the reason i ask is that the trophy/achievement says complete level 1 of non level specific challenges.so if it's under the eridiun blight challenges then it shouldn't matter towards the trophy/achievement.

oh and thanks FT for the gold keys warning.
Ha ha! Koop in rage before getting the facts shocker (well it's hardly a shocker), it's just under the Eridium Blight missions ..... phew. But still, I was hoping to max all challenges on this build .... for the doss.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:42 pm

:lol: i had a look myself,there's one that you have to activate the radio tower in the slab level (i forget the name),i spent half an hour trying to find out how to do it following power cables and trying to jump up to it.i had to give up in the end.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:23 pm

I've got the season pass but I havent installed the pirate booty? Is it worth doing yet? Do u gain anything

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:26 pm

Hitman_HalStep wrote::lol: i had a look myself,there's one that you have to activate the radio tower in the slab level (i forget the name),i spent half an hour trying to find out how to do it following power cables and trying to jump up to it.i had to give up in the end.
This took me ages to complete. You have to start a fair way from the radio mast with the switch on it and get there by getting on the bridge at the far end. At one point I had to walk across a rope.

On the challenges Achievement issue, you definitely don't need to complete the ones tied to a specific area. There are a few weapon ones that only unlock once you've got certain weapon challenges to level 5 though.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:29 pm

koopa42 wrote:I've got the season pass but I havent installed the pirate booty? Is it worth doing yet? Do u gain anything
Harder enemies, some easy Badass Ranks, some decent weapons, lots of new sidequests and two totally crap raid bosses.
Will level your character up in good style if you're on TVH.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:32 pm

koopa42 wrote:I've got the season pass but I havent installed the pirate booty? Is it worth doing yet? Do u gain anything
i haven't done any missions on it yet so don't know,i had a lurk on rp and for the challenge you want i done it by myself by going to dust putting the vehicle by the garage where the spider things attack jumping in the back and shooting.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:35 pm

The Beans wrote:This took me ages to complete. You have to start a fair way from the radio mast with the switch on it and get there by getting on the bridge at the far end. At one point I had to walk across a rope.
nice one,i've got a pretty good idea of what to do now.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:38 pm

Hitman_HalStep wrote:
i haven't done any missions on it yet so don't know,i had a lurk on rp and for the challenge you want i done it by myself by going to dust putting the vehicle by the garage where the spider things attack jumping in the back and shooting.
In the Bandit Technical vehicle of course. Just thought I better point this out. Runner vehicle puts you in the turret which is no good.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:41 pm

GOD DAMN IT LEEROY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (goes off to the dust LOL) :oops:

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:57 pm

I'd tried the Bandit truck a while back, my mistake was using the jump between turret/driving seat rather than getting out and trying the seats in the back :D fail fail fail, win in the end though.

Am installing Pirate Boobs now

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:10 pm

Got the challenge cheevo! hidden bloody weapons challenges indeed :oops: :lol:

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:29 pm

I've only got about 3-4 challenges still on level 1 with my assassin, so I might be close, but I suspect I haven't revealed some of the secret challenges for the achievement. At least I've got chicken (Jenkins heh). Can anyone give an example of an "area of effect" grenade, as apparently I've got NO kills with one whatsoever!
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:32 am

Mayhem wrote:I've only got about 3-4 challenges still on level 1 with my assassin, so I might be close, but I suspect I haven't revealed some of the secret challenges for the achievement. At least I've got chicken (Jenkins heh). Can anyone give an example of an "area of effect" grenade, as apparently I've got NO kills with one whatsoever!
Borderlands 2 introduces a new variety of grenade mod: The Area of Effect. When throwing a grenade, an area surrounding the point of detonation will inflict elemental damage to enemies who enter it. A Corrosive Cloud grenade will leave a lingering cloud of green gas, causing corrosive damage. A Tesla grenade will drop an electrode that will electrocute enemies in its range. A Fire Burst grenade will drop a set of rotating nozzles that spew fire across the ground in all directions.
I think they are usually Vladof ones