Borderlands 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

koopa42

Re: Borderlands 2

Post by koopa42 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:08 pm

Job done. Crap loot. Didn't even die on the last battle. NOW the real game begins lol

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:12 pm

Just spent a pleasant few hours playing on normal mode with my Level 50 Commando getting easy kills for badass ranks and looking for decent weapons to stash for my Siren. Very chilled out gaming. Nice and relaxing. I had a really good explore and found a fair few hidden chests too.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

RichL

Post by RichL » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:14 pm

DLC is available now.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:11 pm

RichL wrote:DLC is available now.
good timing for me i got to level 50 last night and opened the eridium blight map so apart from a few missions on normal mode i've done as much as i'm willing with this character,i'll have a nosy later and find the seraph vendor to see what he's offering.i hope they raise the level cap soon.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:22 pm

Hitman_HalStep wrote: good timing for me i got to level 50 last night and opened the eridium blight map so apart from a few missions on normal mode i've done as much as i'm willing with this character,i'll have a nosy later and find the seraph vendor to see what he's offering.i hope they raise the level cap soon.
I'm hoping they leave the level cap alone until the last couple of expansions like they did last time. It definitely feels like the 50 cap comes too early but it did make for some epic battles getting through the last parts of the TVH playthrough and has also made me take a lot more notice of the badass ranks.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:30 pm

the problem is i'm not going to want to do any of the new missions until the cap is raised or it will feel like i'm wasting xp that i might have to grind for at a later date.very frustrating,but i suppose i could start a new character and use it to level faster.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Hitman_HalStep wrote:the problem is i'm not going to want to do any of the new missions until the cap is raised or it will feel like i'm wasting xp that i might have to grind for at a later date.very frustrating,but i suppose i could start a new character and use it to level faster.
I get what you're saying now. That's not a problem I've ever had tbh. With games like this things don't really get serious until you're capped. That's when the dedicated looting starts because finding better stuff is usually the only way to improve a character. There's usually a lot of messing about with skill points for me at that point too as I'll be experimenting with different builds etc.
Borderlands 2 does the ace thing of adding the Badass Ranks to the mix. So at 50 I'm looting for better stuff (which I'd do anyway) and at the same time I'm still improving my characters even though I'm capped. I've never seen it as "wasting" XP really. It's just something I always do with looting games.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:53 pm

i forgot to look at what else i needed to do for the badass trophy,i'll probably do that as well before i start a new character then.i definitely want to know what the seraph vendors got to compare to what i got out of the chest with my last two keys,three stupidly powerful weapons.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:59 pm

I haven't got to the point where I can check out the uber-vendor's gear yet. The shop is right near the start but I haven't got any of the crystals you need in order to buy stuff.
It's a big chunk of DLC by the look of it. I just went straight in on TVH with my Commando and the enemies are level 50-52 so I'm unlikely to be piling through it in record time.

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:58 am

I wonder what the level will be if you go into the new DLC on playthrough 1? Haven't grabbed it yet so I can't go check. Level 35 perhaps or thereabouts?
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:15 am

On my second day of rest. Will go back to this tomorrow. Started my TVH play got as far as sanctuary and enjoyed what I saw but needed a rest from the game itself.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:59 pm

Was really enjoying the Pirate's Booty dlc. Until the end and I discovered how the Seraph thing works.

The crystals you need are dropped by an even harder bullet sponge pile of pish boss than Terramorphous. It's just not possible to solo without absolutely aeons and aeons (and aeons) of grinding or using modded gear. Gearbox want this game to be World Of Warcraft or something. You just can't get more tedious than this. Sodding party raids for a miniscule chance of loot. Forced co-op in a game they clearly state is 1-4 players and not 2-4 players.

Right now I'm thinking Gearbox are a bunch of censored arseholes tbh.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:20 pm

ive managed to break the disk try on my 360 (tripped when it was open, doh) so I cant play borderlands 2.

when its fixed I will be completing this (was on last mission) and then moving onto xcom, after reading the last few comments i don't think I will be bothering with the dlc etc, have really enjoyed the game, its brilliant but dont want that enjoyment to be ruined by the game becoming so frustrating its unplayable.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:24 pm

Bad times indeed. This is the future, forced co-op/online pish for the masses of unwashed scum. A real shame but at least my Hobbit hole of gaming grows (aquired NV:GotY edition) and I am now convinced more than ever it's 'when' rather than 'if' I retreat into it, never to be seen again, gaming that is LOL.

I put Borderlands on for a bit tonight, good stuff but already my shield is gone in 1 and I'm usually on 3 or 4 'fight for your life' per minibattle and thats WITH 'come at me bro' skill giving me full heath each time, to be honest? I have to throw status effect grenades pretty much all the time to ensure an enemy death when I'm spannered LOL

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:57 am

The difficulty spike for the normal fights in TVH isn't too bad. It can be frustrating until you finally find a decent bit of gear but it's surmountable.

The fact you've got to farm bullet sponge bosses designed for multiplayer to get the best weapons is absolute MMO bollocks. And the bosses in the DLC appear daily ffs. How totally World Of Warcraft crapness is that? Not just party raids on bosses but daily party raids. That's epic MMO bollocks right there.

I can't imagine why Gearbox would think turning a fun looting shooter like Borderlands into a tedious four player MMO is a good idea. Maybe I'm just out of touch and this is what Johnny Console out there actually wants. All of my friends think it's entirely pish. Even in co-op the bosses are a chore and hardly ever drop anything worthwhile.

Well, Gearbox won't get in the way of my enjoyment of the game. When I've had enough of legit play my lad will drop a weapon in my game that kills Terramorphous and his dull boss comrades in one shot and that'll be me laughing at gearbox as I do it. They can shove their vision of an MMO up their bums! :lol: