Borderlands 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

The Beans

Re: Borderlands 2

Post by The Beans » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:43 am

koopa42 wrote:Hyperiousuckmydick, WTF!!!??????? it's like razors in your eyeballs???!!!!! and just where the FOOK do you get seraphuckoff crystals???!!!!! grrrrrrrrrr
You get seraph crystals by killing Hyperius and the other raid boss you get after killing him. I'm not making this up. That's how sucky the whole raid boss crap is in the DLC.

But I've heard the stuff in the seraph shop is total pishness anyway apart from one thing that costs ten bazillion crystals and Hyperius drops about eight at a time so it can all get stuffed really tbh.

I can't even be bothered checking to see if I'm spelling his name right.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:38 am

They need to fix the graveyard crap then I can just mooch the crystals off my haxxorz nephew because no doubt he will have the bazillions needed LOL

The DLC is fun(ish) but as you say, it's a bit blatantly 'no chance mutha fuckas' for the big stuff on your tod

astaroth

Post by astaroth » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:58 am

Used my last 7 keys last night. Got all level 50 purple gear, one of which being an E-Tech weapon.

I've got 2 e-tech pistols now but i can't tell if they are any good or not? is there something i'm missing? Maybe because they have low fire rates i don't realise just how good they are?

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:21 am

astaroth wrote:Used my last 7 keys last night. Got all level 50 purple gear, one of which being an E-Tech weapon.

I've got 2 e-tech pistols now but i can't tell if they are any good or not? is there something i'm missing? Maybe because they have low fire rates i don't realise just how good they are?
You'll just have to try them out really. I got a corrosive pistol that looked rubbish and fired really slow but it turned out every shot was a homing shot with a delayed explosion built in. The amount of corrode damage it did was massive. It was very handy for shooting down them flying robot healing things and Jet Loaders.

Every E-Tech shotty I've had has been utter pish though.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:31 am

Meanwhile, although I'm more than a little weary of The Warrior dropping absolute crap loot no matter how many times I kill him, one thing I never tire of is the sniping in this game.

I'd like to pay homage to the buffalo gun sniper you get off Dukino's mam in Lynchwood. I love this gun. Rocking through the DLC on TVH with a level 50 version of this bolt action beast is very satisfying indeed. Against a level 52 Violent Pirate I'm doing a staggering 926K damage on a critical hit with the Bee equipped. I'm not sure if the damage is just so monstrous that the enemy shield becomes pointless or whether the gun ignores shields as a feature. Either way, it's awesome.
No scope, slow rate of fire, long reload time, small magazine: get this gun and go back to the basics of sniping.

And the bayonet on it is about three feet long too.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:36 am

I R LEGEND! Infinity Pistol mutha fuckas! dropped by doc mong! Well, I was excited, for a bit, then realised it doesn't really help with mobs ..... or anchormen .... or whalers ...... or depthcharges ............. or anything really and especilly nothing with fire resistence :oops: but I was still chuffed. Four and a half days play and I get my first real boom weapon ...... which wasn't really boom at all but I was happy :lol: tight arse game indeed.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:40 am

The Beans wrote:Meanwhile, although I'm more than a little weary of The Warrior dropping absolute crap loot no matter how many times I kill him, one thing I never tire of is the sniping in this game.

I'd like to pay homage to the buffalo gun sniper you get off Dukino's mam in Lynchwood. I love this gun. Rocking through the DLC on TVH with a level 50 version of this bolt action beast is very satisfying indeed. Against a level 52 Violent Pirate I'm doing a staggering 926K damage on a critical hit with the Bee equipped. I'm not sure if the damage is just so monstrous that the enemy shield becomes pointless or whether the gun ignores shields as a feature. Either way, it's awesome.
No scope, slow rate of fire, long reload time, small magazine: get this gun and go back to the basics of sniping.

And the bayonet on it is about three feet long too.
Buffalo gun ..... even as a tank? I used that for at least 10 levels in my first play, it pretty much single-handedly got me through Lynchwood .. the gun is outrageous AND has melee aceness!

On the subject of Warrior? I farmed him heavily yesterday and won't be doing again for some time. Good for dosh but nothing else. Currently moving through my 100s of level 50 quests I left for a rainy day ..... like today ..... like every borderlands 2 day, and it was one of those that dropped my Infinty Pistol of crap 8)

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:40 am

Is the Infinity Pistol an orange? What does it do and who dropped it? *seen the post above. Warrior is a tightarse.

The only orange pistol I've had was dropped by Knuckledragger (is that his name? The very first boss at the start of the game).

I can't remember the name of it but it was a fire pistol and the red text said "fear the swarm". It was crap.

Last orange I got was yesterday and it was a grenade mod called Caustic Leech. It also appears to be crap although I haven't given it a go yet.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:42 am

It was the E-tech Doc bloke you have to take out for Zed

edit:

Yes, I think it's crap but maybe I'm not using it right LOL or you need to combine it with the Elvin Shield of Justice

edit:

It says:

It's closer than you think (in red text)

It doesn't need reloading so it's kinda effective when my shield down because I double my firerate

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:50 am

koopa42 wrote:Buffalo gun ..... even as a tank?
Of course. :D
I bet the buffalo gun with that sniper assassin class dude causes absolute damage APOCALYPSE! I should think the game would break tbh.
For my commando it's very good as long as I don't miss and don't shoot at anything less than half a mile away.
And because I'm using the Bee I have to not get hit because if I do I'm pretty much in the deep crapola and generally running away rather fast or doing melee like a madarse and running away and praying there's no grenades on the way.
But from miles off I'm a sniping god with this thing. :D

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:57 am

I meant "even as a tank? I found myself using the buffalo gun loads" :oops: I was lucky with the melee increase too

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:29 am

While in co-op we had the orange pistol that Rakkman drops. IIRC the bullets do some sort of weird homing batarang style heh. That's the only legendary pistol I've seen though. Had two orange rocket launchers drop, a couple of grenade mods, and a shield.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

astaroth

Post by astaroth » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:53 am

Gold keys!

PC SHiFT Code: 5TK3J-CS9BW-KFBJB-BJTJB-ZJFZW
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: KBW3T-JT9ZK-F9FJF-K63TB-CBT3K
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: W3KTJ-FJFCT-3KCW3-Z3WJJ-JKT6R

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:21 am

Pistols can be ace, I used a Level 40 odd Maggies Trickshot for ages, it was the bollocks! then it became bollocks :( I've stashed that for another play

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:57 am

Update today? What did it do?