Borderlands 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

The Beans

Re: Borderlands 2

Post by The Beans » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:29 pm

koopa42 wrote:In other news, does anyone know where I can get a haXxXord 733ter gun1W00T :lol:
My lad's room, on his stinky console, in his seriosuly haxxorred mess of corrupted gamesaves and graveyard characters.
He was whinging about the modded mess he's landed himself with just an hour or so ago. I munched quietly on my Penguin biscuit throughout, feeling worldly wise and superior in a very dad sort of way.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:37 pm

Ha! The same with my nephew! ironically the person I was gonna blag a haxxored gun from after being high and mighty and kicking him off my friends list for such gAIDS (but after the forced co-op crap I was gonna have to forgive him for the time I would take to get the gun) :lol: :lol: :lol:

He was the only one to message me back after the warning gutted that all his saves were AIDsed :D sucks to be haxxxxors

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:25 pm

Youtube to the rescue...farmed a baby maker smg, took 2 whole days worth of farming (30 odd tries) to get one to drop ha! Compared to the 10 tries to get a Bee shield and the one time to get Terramorphous to drop his legendary mod!

Hyperious was a doddle but took ages to kill his robots so I could pick the 8 crystals he dropped (to then find out the shop starts selling items at 50 crystals)

So back to youtube to see the method for Master Gee. I am currently crouched behind a rock waiting for the one worms worth of acid to kill him...was a pain to kill the worm as I dont have a fancy shotgun but finally managed it after a few tries. Hopefully it wont crash before the last half of his energy has drained!!

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:50 am

Bosses in any game are crap but the MMO style bosses in Borderlands 2 and the entire boss farming mechanic that comes with them seriously suck gaming gigantic donkey balls.

Gearbox obviously think there's mileage in turning Borderlands into a subscription MMO of epic tedium at some point in the future. When that time comes I'll be seriously hoping they go spectacularly bust and the people involved never work again. Not even as bog cleaners.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:02 am

I dunno, I spent some time farming in Too Human toward the end and STILL ended up with about 1 red drop per year and even that was usually the Jomsvikingcock :lol: on the subject of which I nearly put Too Human in the other day ..... it was in my hand but luckily I avoided it, I think that would have been game over for B2 for a few weeks.

I haven't got to Terrahawkus or any real meat on TVH yet but no doubt when I do? I'll be ragin' at it. Asta's already snagged the bee shield by going back to normal setting so I called him a pussie :lol: then thought about it for a bit and decided that I might go looking for it today but only because I have to clean up some challenges ....... honest :oops:

I'm up to the firehawk mission and I've yet to feel under any real pressue on TVH but it is getting harder. I'm sad that the Goliaths don't really stand a chance against even standard mobs now though :( and if there is even any sort of badass Nomad they are just gone.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:20 am

The farming in Too Human was just farming. It didn't involve having to do a long and tedious boss over and over. The bosses were also easily killed. The farming in Too Human also didn't rely on having to have specific gear equipped, any high level character could farm as easily as the rest with whatever high level gear you felt like using. The rares in too Human were also dropped regularly by the top rank enemies and were not heavily boss specific.
Too Human is a far better looting game than Borderlands 2 IMO. Far, far better.

The Bee from Normal mode is ultimately worthless. The extra damage it offers is easily surpassed by higher level weapons. You need a level 50 Bee to do serious damage on the raid bosses etc. Gearbox are nerfing it anyway.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:31 am

The Beans wrote: The Bee from Normal mode is ultimately worthless.
That's what I thought would be the case but the man from Del Asta he said no! I'll probably not go looking for it then. I'm deffo going to clean up some challenges though 'cos I love the badass ranks.

Last night I had to change my Sexual Tyrannosaurus mod :( it had been with me for some time but I picked up a Hulking Titan mod that was just too good not to use

Has anyone found Donkey Mong yet? I only find King Mongs, good for loot but I still want the donkey.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:48 am

koopa42 wrote:
The Beans wrote: The Bee from Normal mode is ultimately worthless.
That's what I thought would be the case but the man from Del Asta he said no! I'll probably not go looking for it then. I'm deffo going to clean up some challenges though 'cos I love the badass ranks.
Has anyone found Donkey Mong yet? I only find King Mongs, good for loot but I still want the donkey.
Well, Astaroth is wrong if he's planning on taking his flimsy Bee through into TVH or is going to use it on Terramorphous and his cheesey raid boss buddies. I've got a level 27 Bee that does an extra 3K damage per shot but it's capacity is only just over 1000 and in TVH I might as well be pointing my doodah at the enemies and trying to pee on them for a kill with those weak stats.
BUT ... it's a handy item to bank for other characters that I'm taking through Normal mode. So not entirely worthless then.

Donkey Mong always spawns for me. You just have to hang around in the Blight for him to turn up. He always spawns in the same area but then he goes off on a wander.

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:56 am

Yeah, I'm not a fan of raid bosses either, I prefer to either solo or just co-op through the game. Unfortunately to get certain challenges or achievements, you'll need to kill them. I suspect I'll call on the help of a couple of level 50 mates to assist when the time arrives.

Btw, I presume when I do beat the game on playthrough 1 and get handed the YOU WILL DIE mission from Tannis for Terramorphous (level 52), I can just have a level 50 mate join my game, kill the thresher, and then I can turn it in? And repeat that on playthrough 2?

I was playing solo as my assassin last night (running down the entire right skill tree to ultimately get the achievement for 10 seconds of deception) and ran across the Black Queen in Bug Gulch. A few shotgun blasts later (handy having a decent amp shield AND a shotgun that launches fireballs of death) and she fell, dropping a 9000 damage orange rocket launcher as a prize. I say rocket launcher, it operates more as a grenade launcher! I was on my way to complete the "Good, Bad, Mordecai" mission, so I thought I'd try it out in the Mexican shootout. Two shots later, and both enemies were dead. Colour me impressed. I thought I'd see how it fared against Old Slappy next. He didn't like it one bit, and died after one shot as well! :lol:

I think I might be keeping this rocket launcher for a few levels just yet...!
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 am

I have 2 orange rocket launchers and when dual wielded? they destroy all, well they did, now they just do a lot of damage THEN take the baddies down, god damn levelling baddies :lol:

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:05 am

Mayhem wrote:.Btw, I presume when I do beat the game on playthrough 1 and get handed the YOU WILL DIE mission from Tannis for Terramorphous (level 52), I can just have a level 50 mate join my game, kill the thresher, and then I can turn it in? And repeat that on playthrough 2?
Don't see why not.
As long as your mate can do Terramorphous on his own. Terramorphous will be tougher with two players in and you'll only be about level 32 probably which means you're just going to have to stay out of Terra's way for the duration but if your mate is tooled up with a high level Bee and Conference Call (or some other boss slaying combo of gear) then it should be a given.

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:10 am

My attempt at Master Gee crashed...tried again and went to bed, woke up to another crash!! Repeatable bug is repeatable....very shoddy but it was probably too good to be true.

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:17 am

Yeah, lots of people are reporting crashing when taking Gee down. Don't think I'll go near him until it's patched. Which I expect to occur before I get to level 50...

And yeah, I know at least one level 50 mate has the Bee/Conference Call, so I imagine it shouldn't be that hard to get him into the game, kill Terra, and then bug out, leaving me some loot and a bundle of XP...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:37 pm

Ha! Ironic. My first attempt at a bit of farming, I did 6 or 7 Warrior farms just now, no orange drops at all but deffo made some cash off at least 10 $15,000+ green weapons, the only orange I did get? was out of the chest at the end of Hero's Pass on the way ...... Maggies Trick Shot anyone? Devasting pistol which must have bonus something because it drops Warrior on it's own in 5 - 7 waves? yet it doesn't do the damage that my orange assault rifle does? I'm not complaining mind.

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:21 pm

Heads up, the second round of golden key shift codes is coming tonight and tomorrow.
Gearbox will be tweeting codes good for one golden key each at Midnight tonight, and 5am, 11am, 6pm and 9pm tomorrow (uk time). Each code is valid for three hours from the time its posted so up to 5 golden keys up for grabs per user.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.