Borderlands 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

koopa42

Re: Borderlands 2

Post by koopa42 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:00 am

The Beans wrote: Well, Gearbox won't get in the way of my enjoyment of the game. When I've had enough of legit play my lad will drop a weapon in my game that kills Terramorphous and his dull boss comrades in one shot and that'll be me laughing at gearbox as I do it. They can shove their vision of an MMO up their bums! :lol:
This.

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:33 pm

I was really enjoying this til I hit the wall of the invincible bosses...Terramorphous bad enough (even with the Bee shield I had to resort to making my game "public" but I cant even get any help on the first DLC boss!! Stops you getting the location achievement too...

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:41 am

I was enjoying this until my save data screwed up on my. Lost all Golden Keys, Customizations, Badass Token unlocks (although all challenges are still completed!) oh and my controls keep returning to default - i play inverted. I usually always save & quit although there is a chance this may have happened....

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-missio ... ess-badass

i had to download old updates too though so cant see why this would have happened :?

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:25 pm

^^that's annoying,hopefully a patch will give them back it should be simple enough since the challenges stay complete.i always save to main menu before turning it off so hopefully i will avoid this.

i have started my second run as the commando,looking at the level point bonuses i should have used him for my first run.it certainly feels a lot easier with the badass bonuses i already have.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:36 pm

Despite the challenges being for all characters per gamertag, upon starting a new game with Mechromancer none of the challenges were completed :?

So effin annoying. I'm not playing it until a patch is released but it wasnt fixed in the last patch so i'm not very hopeful.

EDIT: according to a lot of users this has happened to them since the Mechromancer was released :? weird. Stupid bloody broken games

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:45 pm

Black Ridge wrote:Despite the challenges being for all characters per gamertag, upon starting a new game with Mechromancer none of the challenges were completed :?
wait a minute,none of the challenges are complete for my commando but the effects from my assassin run are still in effect.are you sure that for each character the challenges don't start again but the effects you chose (max health,gun damage,etc,etc) are added to your profile ? or am i misunderstanding your post ?
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:38 pm

Sorry, none of the effects are there for BOTH of my characters. I thought that by starting a new game the effects i had unlocked would be there... but apparently not. ITS ALL GONE! But yes the challenges are reset for my new character, but still complete/in progress for my previous character.

Just realised there were skins i had unlocked linked to the challenges that are now all gone, therefore i cannot obtain again. Ohwell, like i said wont be playing it for a while.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:42 pm

well that is s*"!t,you can't just of turned them off by accident like it says in the link you posted if the skins are gone but i don't see why you won't be able to get the points back after a patch.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Gearbox are patching the lost Badass Rank thing. I think they've already released a patch for the pc that stops it happening. I'm not sure you get your "lost" ranks and skins back though.

Far worse than the lost ranks is the "graveyard.sav" bug. It's spread virally through online co-op and totally wipes your character. A nice little present from the modding community of dimwits. Stay out of public games until it's patched is my advice. Hell, stay away from friends who've been in public games too, they might have the graveyard.sav lurgie.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:40 pm

after some nervous research it looks like it's pc and 360 only.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:23 am

A statement from Gearbox on the tech support forum says the Graveyard.sav bug is exclusive to the 360.

I think Gearbox have been a bit shortsighted with the modding thing. It's going to happen anyway, so I'd have built it into the game and released it as premium DLC. The player downloads content that comes in the form of a shop or something where you can increase the stats of weaponry or add effects etc using looted eridium as the currency.
Might as well make money from something people are going to do anyway IMO. You'd still get arseholes bringing out crap like the Graveyard.sav grief but at least most of the modding would be controlled and there'd be a lot more people happier about the whole boss farming thing.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:02 am

God damn it leeroy! I hadn't played this for about a week and had a razz just yesterday ..... online ...... with unwashed AIDS scum :o I hope I didn't get the graveyard AIDS :( I didn't even read either of the threads BEFORE doing it :( I'm off to the clinic LOL

Would my save be shagged by now? I've played it since

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:49 am

Phew. I checked my sav.file and it's OK. I also blocked anyone joining my games. I avoided the AIDS.

I did send a warning message to everyone on my friends list though, because losing a B2 save would be like an axe to the face.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:05 pm

koopa42 wrote:Phew. I checked my sav.file and it's OK. I also blocked anyone joining my games. I avoided the AIDS.

I did send a warning message to everyone on my friends list though, because losing a B2 save would be like an axe to the face.
You won't know whether you have the graveyard lurgie until your character dies. If your character dies and goes into Second Wind then you're clean. The save only becomes a graveyard.sav after a death.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Yeah I know, I dieded :( it costa da monies (I let myself bleed out to be sure) but was worth it to know I didn't have the AIDS :D

God damn modders!

In other news, does anyone know where I can get a haXxXord 733ter gun1W00T :lol: