last time you got a bargain on ebay?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

tux

last time you got a bargain on ebay?

Post by tux » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:41 am

When was the last time you got a genuine retro gaming bargain on ebay? I bid on things all the time, few bids a day. I aim to pay half the price, try to find spelling mistakes or poorly listed items but 99.9% of the time the whole of the population(or so it seems) is doing the exact same thing and on the last sec the item always gos up to about double what its worth :lol:

However, i bid of a large bundle of items and ended up winning. i wont say my tatics or how i won the listing as it may work again! Basically i got an N64,Snes, game boy pocket, plus games for these systems for £30 including P&P 8) Catch is i have zero idea what the games are(it was just a stack beside each system in the picture) but thats half the fun. At £30 the systems working are worth that alone. Chuffed aint the word!

This is so rare for me that i estimate that i get 1 gaming bargain a year! What have you guys and gals bought that you have managed to "beat the system" on. Its good to hear stories and give hope that there are still deals to be had.

Also if anyone like to make a guess at what games i will recive, i will take pics and post when they arrive next week.The winner will gain eternal life(maybe)

The Laird

Re: last time you got a bargain on ebay?

Post by The Laird » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:31 am

Yesterday actually.

Massive bundle of 2600's and games for about £30

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:37 am

I got a Mini Munchman game for £4 before Christmas :P I saw one sell for £20 a few days ago.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Since there are so many collectors browsing ebay, anything interesting or rare will get picked up on. I was watching a box and instructions for SNES Street Fighter 2 (no game) that went for £19!! The only real chance is to search for misspellings in the titles or people who've listed in the wrong category

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:08 pm

£40 (total)for boxed Virtual on Twin sticks and a Dreamcast adaptor for them.
Not insanely cheap but the last pair that I saw on there went for about £80

ALK

Post by ALK » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:29 am

£2.30 for Star War Jedi Outcast for the Gamecube the other day? Seen it go to £5 upwards in the past, though this one had no manual...
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

James A

Post by James A » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:18 pm

TBH if you list anything semi rare on there now the ammount of sell it early or this is for my sons birthday messages you get trying to sell it for a pittance is staggering. Im wondering how many people fall for that old chesnut?

Space Holiday

Post by Space Holiday » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:46 pm

Shenmue 1 + 2 for 30 quid in really great, working condition. Maybe a little expensive for the first game but for the second that is pretty good!
Check out Alt:Mag - We're always looking for new writers! Apply within.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:59 pm

I got Zelda Twilight Princess, Starfox Adventures, Zelda Wind Waker (all NTSC) & Freeloader for £30 and then sold Wind Waker for £20 as i already own a PAL copy. Probably the best outcome i have had on ebay. my best finds have been on amazon as i have had a number of complete NGPC games from there for under a fiver recently.

r0jaws

Post by r0jaws » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Got a copy of the Warlock of Firetop Mountain Board game for 99p plus £4 postage last week. Missing a couple of non-essential cards, but apart from that in great playable condition. :D

tux

Post by tux » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:34 pm

fingers crossed the games ive got coming with these 3 systems turn out to be midly interesting, as like i said in the first post, they were just carts on there side....i have no idea what any of them are. Mario, Zelda, Resident evil etc good....15x fifa bad :lol:

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:23 pm

the other day, picked up metal gear solid VR missions for £3 (inc p&p) and Batman Arkham City (special edition) for £6....I have no special tactics, I use baycrazy, its an eBay front end that does local searches, listing ending with no bids, misspelled auctions etc etc.....its becoming more popular, and with most things, the more popular it gets the less likely you are to get a bargain, but at the moment, its working for me :D
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

tux

Post by tux » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:42 pm

My ebay bundle arrived today and im pretty pleased, nothing super rare but all items in VERY good condition!

Snes plus all leads and 1 official controller
Super Game boy
Mario all stars
Mario Kart
Mario Paint plus mouse and matt
Toy story

N64 plus all leads 2 controllers(one official) 2x rumble packs(one official)
Mario 64
007-Golden eye
Lylat wars

Gameboy pocket clear-(plus batteries!)
Yoshi island
Mario world
OO7
Tetris plus
Tennis

I would have happily paid £30 for the snes bundle on its own, so this officially is the last bargain i got on ebay :D

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:10 pm

£22.50 (inc. P&P) for the whole set of Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed 2, Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Assassins Creed Revelations on PS3 a couple of months ago, which I didn't think was too bad.

Especially as literally 24 hours earlier, someone outbid me on another set of the same 4 games that was going from another seller and ended up paying just over £30 :lol:
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

killbot

Post by killbot » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:30 pm

I recently paid £16 for a loose copy of Zelda on the NES. I already had the box, manual and maps at home so now I have a complete copy!

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360