everdrive flash carts...

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Gigifusc

Re: everdrive flash carts...

Post by Gigifusc » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:38 pm

Sorry - I just want to make sure I get this right.

I've bought a USA NTSC N64 and will be using it in the UK.

So I need a step down transformer from
Antiriad2097 wrote:It says its a step down from UK 240 to US 120, so seems right to me. If it were the reverse it'd step up from 120 to 240.
Ok great. Thank you. :)

Gigifusc

Post by Gigifusc » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:40 pm

TheNewMonkey wrote:you dont need to mess about with stepdowns, just use the plug from a uk n64 its fine :wink:
Really?!?!?!

So the little box part that slots into the back if my UK n64 will just slide into the US one and work fine??

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:17 pm

If you have one, yes. Its just a transformer to take mains voltage to the level needed for the circuit board.

You can do the same with some other systems (e.g. Dreamcast), swapping power boards, its just the N64 being an external plug in thing its particularly easy.

I assumed you knew that and wanted to use the original import jobbie.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Gigifusc

Post by Gigifusc » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:29 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:If you have one, yes. Its just a transformer to take mains voltage to the level needed for the circuit board.

You can do the same with some other systems (e.g. Dreamcast), swapping power boards, its just the N64 being an external plug in thing its particularly easy.

I assumed you knew that and wanted to use the original import jobbie.
No. I didn't know that. You've just saved me money and made it much easier for me to use my new N64!!

Thank you so much! LOL.

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:52 am

Just bought myself the GameBoy Everdrive :D

Works out just less than £55 delivered if you buy it direct, Now to sell my Gameboy collection...
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:26 pm

TheNewMonkey wrote:Just bought myself the GameBoy Everdrive :D

Works out just less than £55 delivered if you buy it direct, Now to sell my Gameboy collection...
Would you let me know how you go with that GB everdrive, please mate? Was thinking about doing the exact same thing myself.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:05 pm

Yeah I also wanna hear what it's like, been looking on eBay a lot lately to nab a cheap gameboy again

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:43 pm

HisNHer_LP wrote:Yeah I also wanna hear what it's like, been looking on eBay a lot lately to nab a cheap gameboy again
I'll be selling off a few GB's soon. :wink:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:45 pm

nokgod wrote:
HisNHer_LP wrote:Yeah I also wanna hear what it's like, been looking on eBay a lot lately to nab a cheap gameboy again
I'll be selling off a few GB's soon. :wink:
I shall be watching every post you make like a hawk then.... What GB's you got?

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:45 pm

nokgod wrote:
TheNewMonkey wrote:Just bought myself the GameBoy Everdrive :D

Would you let me know how you go with that GB everdrive, please mate? Was thinking about doing the exact same thing myself.

Will do, it should be arriving soon :D
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

ootini

Post by ootini » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:16 pm

Everdrives are the business. I got myself a SNES and Turbograxf ones last year and they've ended up saving me a shed load. No longer bother to track down old cards/HuCards anymore. They were getting expensive to pick up so figured the initial outlay on them would be a worthwhile investment.

Its great to be able to play some of the more obscure and harder to get titles on both systems and actually play them on the console with the proper controller and not via emulation.

Thinking of picking up a NES one soon. Would also love to get a Harmony cart (or similar) for the Atari 2600. I've kinda taken my eye off the development with the Atari stuff. But it would be ideal if there was one that could run 7800 games too. Though being a relatively obscure system I'd say there isn't much of a demand for 7800 ones.

The SD2IEC is also a worthwhile investment for C64 owners tired of all their old magnetic tapes no longer working.

rolan

Post by rolan » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:28 am

I got a flash boy plus for virtual boy recently... Awesome to be able to play all the games, but you can only have one game on the cart at the time which is a bit annoying, but much cheaper then buying all the games, it runs unreleased stuff like the amazing bound high also so we'll happy with it, I'd still recommend just buying warioland tho as the game saves get erased when you switch games , but as that's the only decent game that actually uses battery save it's not that huge a deal :).... Just remembered I have a nomad are all the various MD flash arts compatible with it? It would be awesome to basically be able to carry the entire mega drive library....

Gigifusc

Post by Gigifusc » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:09 am

Got everything through the post and got it all up and running.

I'm loving it - so happy I bought one. Been playing Diddy Kong Racing for the last few days and have fallen in love with it all over again.

With apologies, you can expect many new N64 related posts for me in the coming months. :)

As a side note - I'm playing on a 50" TV through the scart socket and it looks great. Poor quality art stands out more on occasion but the text and colouring is pretty darn good.

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:31 am

My GB Everdrive arrived from krikzz earlier this week, really quality piece of kit & the detail on it is amazing (click on the pics for a close up), it also comes in a quality clear GB shell with pre cut micro sd slot so no need to destroy one of your own carts for the shell!

ive stuck a 2gb micro sd in and put a load of Gameboy & Gameboy Colour games on it, had a few hours on it up to now and cant fault it, the save feature works spot on, your saves are also backed up to the sd card, its great having all your gb games on the one cart ready to go!

im using it with a Gameboy Color but would mind getting a something with a screen light mod, ill have to have a look into it...

also brilliant service from this guy, took less than a week to arrive and was well packed, this is my 4th everdrive from him, next up will be the Game Gear version I think :D

GET ! http://krikzz.com/

3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:23 am

Very nice. :D

As a n00b with these things...forgive the question...but presumably this will play on any GB compatible device?

ie: If i bought one its would be for use with an GBA SP AGS-101 and a Gamecube GB player. It should work fine on those, right?