Arcadia Leeds?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

killbot

Arcadia Leeds?

Post by killbot » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:27 pm

I've been planning a trip to Leeds this weekend specifically to visit this shop, but I've heard a rumour today that it's closed. Is that right? If so I'm saddened - it was one of my favourite retro stores, alongside the glorious one in Bridlington (the name of which escapes me for the moment...).

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

ReplayRetro

Re: Arcadia Leeds?

Post by ReplayRetro » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:26 pm

Arcadia tends to be quite funny with it's hours of business, i think for the one in the city center its generally Sunday & Monday they don't open but they sometimes have staff problems too in which case they open on a "if i'm here, i'm open" policy. Although they may well have closed down as the last 2 or 3 times i've been past over the last few weeks they've been shut, don't know about the other store though (the location of which i can't remember right now, armley possibly?)
Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

noobish hat

Post by noobish hat » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:58 pm

Was no sign of life in there last time I passed by a month or so ago. However, they don't seem to have cleaned the place out, so I guess that's a good sign?

retroreviewgames

Post by retroreviewgames » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:09 pm

You could always call them, their phone number and opening hours are on their website. Leeds is always a good day out anyway so you could risk it and just turn up :lol:

killbot

Post by killbot » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:13 am

retroreviewgames wrote:You could always call them, their phone number and opening hours are on their website. Leeds is always a good day out anyway so you could risk it and just turn up :lol:
They never, ever answered the phone even when they definitely were open!

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360