Football Manager 13 introduces a Classic mode

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

IronMaidenRule

Re: Football Manager 13 introduces a Classic mode

Post by IronMaidenRule » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:37 am

The Football Manager 2013 release date has been set: 2nd November. But you can play two weeks earlier if you pre-order the game.

Do that either digitally or at a shop and you'll get access to a single-player beta version of the game "around" 14 days before release.

Make sure the shop is taking part in the deal.

The beta version of Football Manager 2013 has "most" of the game's features, including the new Classic (light) mode and Challenges.

This beta version will disappear on 5th November, but you can continue with your saved game in Football Manager 2013 - the saves carry across.
Good news from Eurogamer!!

Changed my preorder to Shopto, not sure what other online retailers will be taking part.

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:01 pm

All good news so far, Early Beta access is this Friday, Demo the Friday after, then full release on Friday the 2nd of November :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

steve82

Post by steve82 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:12 pm

IronMaidenRule wrote:All good news so far, Early Beta access is this Friday, Demo the Friday after, then full release on Friday the 2nd of November :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
such a fantastic date to release it

only the same day as WWE 13 and Assassins creed 3

so that day im going be spending 110 quid on the 3 games

then another 20 quid psn top up for the WWE fan axxess

steve82

Post by steve82 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:15 pm

i hope that turn sacking off option is compatible with the full version of the game

iv been wishing for such an option for years..i never in a million years thought they would make you pay extra for it tho

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:23 pm

steve82 wrote:i hope that turn sacking off option is compatible with the full version of the game

iv been wishing for such an option for years..i never in a million years thought they would make you pay extra for it tho
None of the "extra options" are available in the main Football Manager game they are exclusive to classic mode only. I was indeed saddened when I saw they were in-game purchases, but you can unlock them by playing the game properly, just that there is an option to speed this up if you wish to pay. Personally, I think this is an idea that they have implemented on the Korean FM Online game they are working on for over there, and are trialing it over here to see how much extra income it can make, I really hope nobody buys them.

Got Windows 8 to buy this month too :roll:

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:36 pm

YYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!!

BETA Version is now released on Steam, never has 90mins flown by so fast. Still getting used to the new UI but the addition of new staff roles has made the game a lot more enjoyable for me, got a head of youth development look after the youth team and I have appointed a Director Of Football to send players on loan for me and recommend some signings.

steve82

Post by steve82 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:22 pm

i can honestly say i did not like the demo.

i think it is because of the new menus etc

i remember thinking the same about 09 but i got into that eventually

im hoping to get this game for about 8 quid

im gonna trade assassins creed 3 against it which i bought today and cannot stand

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:00 pm

Anyone got this? I'm still playing 2012 but I'm planning to get this soon.

Spector

Post by Spector » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:53 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:looks brilliant, will be a life eater as usual........
This is the reason why I just wouldn't get into it. You put hundreds of hours into some of these hugely in-depth simulations, and what do you have to show for it in the end? Absolutely nothing! If you go down the pub and say "hey I won the Premiership with a record points total on Football Manager 13", people will make excuses and head for the door. It reminds me of the old joke they made about that game Second Life in that it was mainly played by those who didn't even have a first one. I'm not slagging people for being fans, I'm just saying it seems to waste a lot of hours that as adults we can't waste anymore.
The Retro Gaming Discord channel. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Tphe4UH

Don't be scared: join in the chat! :)

Bobinator

Post by Bobinator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:23 pm

Personally, I'm more looking forward to Racing Manager 2013.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY-BaNgo ... r_embedded

Keep in mind that Sumo is a British developer, so I'd imagine that had a big part of how they got him (IS Football Manager a him? I'm not sure.) in there.

Yes, this is real. It's a shot from Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing Transformed, for the 360. It broke street date and now people are hacking the game and finding things like this. Apparently this car's supposed to be a PC exclusive, whenever it rolls around.

EDIT: Just to prove I'm not lying in any way about this, have a video.

Keep in mind that Sumo is a British developer, so I'd imagine that had a big part of how they got him (IS Football Manager a him? I'm not sure.) in there.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:09 pm

just started a new season on this, lower league management to start with and try and work my way up.

Anybody got any good cheap (free) players that they can recommend signing?