Football Manager 13 introduces a Classic mode

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

steve82

Re: Football Manager 13 introduces a Classic mode

Post by steve82 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:21 am

believe it or not i actually predicted this in my mind the other night while out walking the dog.

well not exactly as it says but i thought they might introduce an option to back to a cm3 simple version

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:38 am

steve82 wrote: introduce an option to back to a cm3 simple version
If they did that, an EXACT cm3 running on this game? I'd buy it, on day of release

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:41 am

Cool idea!

I will probably stick with the more advanced mode though.

steve82

Post by steve82 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:21 pm

Jagfest_UK wrote:Cool idea!

I will probably stick with the more advanced mode though.
do you not think it is going a bit far tho?

i mean with the introduction of taxes

steve82

Post by steve82 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:26 pm

i wonder if they are going to make it so the game requires steam to run again to combat piracy?

i remember last year pages and pages of comments on the pirate bay from people that were pi**ed off because the game could not be cracked.

i think it was something like 4 weeks after the game released before a fully working version appeared on the piratebay due to all the steam business

steve82

Post by steve82 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:28 pm

Vita version of Football Manager 'possible if sales pick up'................... LMAO not this year then

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/36 ... s-pick-up/

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:21 pm

Just got round to watching the video on FM13 and I am really excited about this years offering. I will probably never play the "Classic" mode, but it is nice to see it added for those who like the old style of play or don't have the time to play an in depth game. In terms of the features disclosed so far, would be interested in seeing how the new transfer and training modules work. The addition of Director Of Football roles can be a dynamic addition, especially if you club is takeover and one is added to the backroom staff against your will. The new UI and backgrounds look brilliant, been due a revamp for the last few years. Feel a little let down that it seems the press conferences haven't changed other than the addition of "tone" :roll:

Regarding Steam, it will be more integral then ever, as you can see in the video, Steam will now be used to connect players for Network games and after hearing all the praise Miles gave Steam for the stats they get back, I very much doubt they will leave Steam now.....also isn't it weird how 99% of all Sega games end up on Steam these days.. :mrgreen:

On another note, this is the 25th Anniversary of CM/FM games, so expect a special edition of some kind...could be a retro big box version or something else, last I heard Miles was discussing this with the marketing guys at Sega...and finally, a new edition of the FM podcast is being recorded tonight. Will update this thread if any new features a revealed.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:49 pm

looks brilliant, will be a life eater as usual........

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:52 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:looks brilliant, will be a life eater as usual........
Lets get em out and compare lads, :mrgreen:

Sixteen Plus

Post by Sixteen Plus » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:53 pm

The original will always be the best for me. It's too bloated nowadays which has knocked the fun out of it personally, I prefer the simplicity of the original.
I remember everyone at school raving about it back in the 80's. Funnily enough I played it again last month on my C64 8)

steve82

Post by steve82 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:37 am

Sixteen Plus wrote:The original will always be the best for me. It's too bloated nowadays which has knocked the fun out of it personally, I prefer the simplicity of the original.
I remember everyone at school raving about it back in the 80's. Funnily enough I played it again last month on my C64 8)
are the versions from the from the c64 days and the game we know today connected?

if they are i never realiszed

pforson

Post by pforson » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:36 am

They're not connected. The first version of Football Manager (originally known as Championship Manager) was released on the Amiga and the PC.

The 8 bit computers also had a game called Football Manager, but apart from possibly being an influence, is unrelated.
WANTED: Amiga CD32 games. PM me. :)

crusto

Post by crusto » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:49 am

If I could play an updated version of championship manager season 99' 00' I would be a very happy man indeed. It's still good nowadays but it's a bit too involved for me, a season takes forever to complete.

Eat your nans pants