Angry Birds on Sega Megadrive/Genesis

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

SexyWayne

Re: Angry Birds on Sega Megadrive/Genesis

Post by SexyWayne » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:50 pm

the_hawk wrote:It was fun to play it an the iPhone, but the adverts of the Android version cripple it in my opinion.
Yeah the adverts are annoying on Android and even have the tendancy to cause slowdown, well on my phone they do, dunno about more powerful models... but as long as you disconnect from your data connections before starting the game it plays perfectly fine..

chapperz

Post by chapperz » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:52 pm

People who create stuff "just because they can" make me smile! Things like running Windows on an Android phone...why? "Because you can"! Respect to the guy who created this!

Thanks for the post.

Chapperz :lol:
Long live the C64!!

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:13 pm

If ever a game could have worked on a 16 bit format , it is this. Fair play to anyone who can do these things but not sure I can be bothered as I'm fairly indifferent to the game.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:15 pm

chapperz wrote:People who create stuff "just because they can" make me smile! Things like running Windows on an Android phone...why? "Because you can"! Respect to the guy who created this!

Thanks for the post.

Chapperz :lol:
This is why I enjoy Racketboy and several other nodding sites - some great mods done because they can.

killbot

Post by killbot » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:29 pm

It's a nice little experiment but the game clearly doesn't work properly. The physics which are pretty much the crux of Angry Birds aren't there at all. They've got something that looks a lot like AB but doesn't look as if it plays much like it.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:59 am

^ Good enough for the bootleggers usually - note the near-endless supply of Chinese and more recently Russian crap for the NES, SNES and Mega Drive.