Terraria - 2D Minecraft on disc and XBLA etc

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

merman

Re: Terraria - 2D Minecraft on disc and XBLA etc

Post by merman » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:11 pm

Not had any glitches in single player, or my brief foray into multiplayer.

Feel like I am making progress now, got my first crystal heart (to increase health), gold equipment (broadsword, pick axe, axe and hammer) and working on my armour.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:48 am

If you're struggling for Crystal Hearts I've got a load of spares stashed away for other characters. I'd appreciate a cabbage for trade (for the pet guinea pig) if you've got a spare one knocking about but it's not essential. I've got spare items for the pet Slime and Bat too and would trade them for a cabbage if you don't need hearts. There's not a lot I won't throw in for a cabbage within reason. It's supposedly an easy item to find but I just haven't come across one at all.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

merman

Post by merman » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:12 am

Sorry, not found any cabbages yet. Got another heart and a couple more achievements.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

englebert3rd

Post by englebert3rd » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:31 am

Played it a lot on PC, and I'm curious to play it on 360. Wonderful little game that is and apparently someone was making a Castlvania map on it. Haven't followed the progress on that one.
Own: Master System, Mega Drive+II, SNES, Jaguar, Saturn, PS1, N64, GBC, GBA+SP+Micro, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, PSP Phat+Slim+3000, NDS Lite, NDSi XL, XBox 360, PS3, Wii, PS Vita.
3DS Friend Code: 1220-6699-2838 - Playing AC: New Leaf and RE: Rev

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:01 am

Necro bump of doom.

After much faffing about and general teasing of this and that, 505 Games have finally announced a Q1 2016 release for Wii U and 3DS.
There's not a huge amount of love for this most excellent of modern retro games on here I know, but the game is aces and Wii U owners should be feeling some happy here imo.

3DS owners, well I don't know. Terraria on such a scratty little screen? It takes all sorts I guess. Vita owners may know more.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:55 am

Terraria looks good on the Vita and plays well too. The 3DS screen seems to be a bit lower res though so not sure how that'll work.

I really liked Terraria a lot. It's kind of like Minecraft but with a point to it. Minecraft for me was only fun when I was building ridiculous things, the actual progression in it wasn't that interesting (I did beat the end dragon thing and all that) where as Terraria was a lot more interesting throughout.