Rarity of a couple of games.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26847
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: Rarity of a couple of games.

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:03 pm

Are you being obtuse or are you deliberately avoiding answering the question?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
The Beans
Posts: 3635
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Re: Rarity of a couple of games.

Post by The Beans » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:15 pm

Supernaut wrote:I figured you guys would be the best to ask about this.
The above is quoted from the OP. It explains why he didn't bother with the official forum. It's a compliment to this community really. Unfortunately, it's sparked a trivial non-argument from the local pedant and self-appointed judge whose "Am I missing the point here?" post should stand as his personal motto in all threads I've seen him post in so far.

Asking for advice on forums where you value the opinions and knowledge on offer is pretty normal and perfectly rational. There's no hard and fast rule that says you should use an official forum first and only. Official forums can be biased and pretty crap. I would point anybody who disagrees with this at the Game Gadget forum.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

User avatar
shiftytigger
Posts: 2965
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:53 am
Location: East London

Re: Rarity of a couple of games.

Post by shiftytigger » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:16 pm

IIRC one of the Megagames is considered rare because it was a pack in game - so finding a boxed one is fairly difficult - but I thought it was Vol 3 - the red one with a red label.

Mind you - cant remember the last time I saw a volume 2 either - being the one that had Super Thunder Blade/Alien storm on it . Millions of vol 1 about.

Hope that helps in some way - hopefully to at least bring the topic back to its point.
Image

User avatar
DreamcastRIP
Posts: 9376
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:40 am
Location: England

Re: Rarity of a couple of games.

Post by DreamcastRIP » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:19 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Are you being obtuse or are you deliberately avoiding answering the question?
Your initial statement was based on a flawed assumption. My reply to your follow-up question was intended to address the central issue of the thread. Quite why you felt it necessary to rock up in the manner you did says much about your motives for posting here. My initial post in this thread was a sincere enquiry in direct response to the OP. Your busy body interfering attitude is doing nothing but derail the thread. Please do carry on with the petty shenanigans if it makes you happy.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

User avatar
DreamcastRIP
Posts: 9376
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:40 am
Location: England

Re: Rarity of a couple of games.

Post by DreamcastRIP » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:25 pm

The Beans wrote:... a trivial non-argument from the local pedant and self-appointed judge whose "Am I missing the point here?" post should stand as his personal motto in all threads I've seen him post in so far.

... I would point anybody who disagrees with this at the Game Gadget forum.
Still crying over the GameGadget thread and so rearing your head elsewhere to make yet more infantile personal attacks on some of those who wouldn't bow to your point of view I see. I agree with you that it's a totally pathetic non-argument though.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

User avatar
The Beans
Posts: 3635
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Re: Rarity of a couple of games.

Post by The Beans » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:27 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:My initial post in this thread was a sincere enquiry in direct response to the OP.
You know what? You're full of it and what's in that quote is nothing more than backpedalling bull.

You could have posted "Have you tried the official forum for the site? They might be able to help you." and left it at that. Something along those lines. Genuine help.

Instead you posted a paragraph designed to criticise and chide because they went about something differently to how you think they should have done. There's no other way of reading it.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

User avatar
The Beans
Posts: 3635
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Re: Rarity of a couple of games.

Post by The Beans » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:28 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
The Beans wrote:... a trivial non-argument from the local pedant and self-appointed judge whose "Am I missing the point here?" post should stand as his personal motto in all threads I've seen him post in so far.

... I would point anybody who disagrees with this at the Game Gadget forum.
Still crying over the GameGadget thread and so rearing your head elsewhere to make yet more infantile personal attacks on some of those who wouldn't bow to your point of view I see. I agree with you that it's a totally pathetic non-argument though.
The only people crying over the Game Gadget thread are the people who have bought one. What have I got to cry over? Are you mental or something?
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26847
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: Rarity of a couple of games.

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:29 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:Are you being obtuse or are you deliberately avoiding answering the question?
Your initial statement was based on a flawed assumption. My reply to your follow-up question was intended to address the central issue of the thread. Quite why you felt it necessary to rock up in the manner you did says much about your motives for posting here. My initial post in this thread was a sincere enquiry in direct response to the OP. Your busy body interfering attitude is doing nothing but derail the thread. Please do carry on with the petty shenanigans if it makes you happy.
Your initial reply to my initial post in this thread was based on a flawed assumption. Quite why you felt it necessary to reply in the manner you did says much about your motives for posting here. My initial post in this thread was a sincere response to you. Your responses since are doing nothing but derail the thread. Please do carry on with the petty shenanigans if it makes you happy.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
DreamcastRIP
Posts: 9376
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:40 am
Location: England

Re: Rarity of a couple of games.

Post by DreamcastRIP » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:39 pm

The Beans wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:My initial post in this thread was a sincere enquiry in direct response to the OP.
You know what? You're full of it...
The point at which your latest infantile and bloody-minded personal attack ceased becoming worthwhile dignifying.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

User avatar
DreamcastRIP
Posts: 9376
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:40 am
Location: England

Re: Rarity of a couple of games.

Post by DreamcastRIP » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:44 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:Are you being obtuse or are you deliberately avoiding answering the question?
Your initial statement was based on a flawed assumption. My reply to your follow-up question was intended to address the central issue of the thread. Quite why you felt it necessary to rock up in the manner you did says much about your motives for posting here. My initial post in this thread was a sincere enquiry in direct response to the OP. Your busy body interfering attitude is doing nothing but derail the thread. Please do carry on with the petty shenanigans if it makes you happy.
Your initial reply to my initial post in this thread was based on a flawed assumption. Quite why you felt it necessary to reply in the manner you did says much about your motives for posting here. My initial post in this thread was a sincere response to you. Your responses since are doing nothing but derail the thread. Please do carry on with the petty shenanigans if it makes you happy.
Seems we're poles apart on pretty much everything here and are thus unlikely to ever reach agreement. I've no problem with that as it's not like we have to agree on everything said on a discussion forum. There's no ill-feeling on my part. :)
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26847
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: Rarity of a couple of games.

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:48 pm

That much we agree on at least.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
pantal00ns
Posts: 3647
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Waaayy down south

Re: Rarity of a couple of games.

Post by pantal00ns » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:04 pm

Not sure if the original question has been answered to the OP's satisfaction, but I am happy to see the following under-used words present in this thread:

Flippant
Chide
Petty shenanigans
Obtuse

User avatar
shiftytigger
Posts: 2965
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:53 am
Location: East London

Re: Rarity of a couple of games.

Post by shiftytigger » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:09 pm

Shenanigans is way under used and fantastic to boot. Chide annoys me though. lol.
Image

User avatar
Supernaut
Posts: 256
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:28 am
Location: QLD, Australia

Re: Rarity of a couple of games.

Post by Supernaut » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:06 pm

I should probably explain myself.

I turned to this community as I have been a member here a while and trust what you guys have to say.

I could have joined their forums to ask about it but I felt that this community would give me a more accurate answer.

Thanks for the guys who have helped, you have answered my questions perfectly. Out of curiosity though, does anyone know how popular Alex Kidd was before it was built into the SMSII?

As for the Mega Games II, unfortunately mine is not boxed. Also now that I think about it I have never seen one boxed on ebay, which would explain a lot.
Image

User avatar
gman72
Posts: 8018
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:41 pm
Location: UK. Norfolk

Re: Rarity of a couple of games.

Post by gman72 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:48 pm

Supernaut wrote:I should probably explain myself.

I turned to this community as I have been a member here a while and trust what you guys have to say.

I could have joined their forums to ask about it but I felt that this community would give me a more accurate answer.

Thanks for the guys who have helped, you have answered my questions perfectly. Out of curiosity though, does anyone know how popular Alex Kidd was before it was built into the SMSII?

As for the Mega Games II, unfortunately mine is not boxed. Also now that I think about it I have never seen one boxed on ebay, which would explain a lot.
Alex Kidd was the Master Systems Mario, my friend. Don't let all the bickering put you off this really is quite a nice forum most of the time. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests