Redux: Dark Matters Another DC shooter!!

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

gmintyfresh

Redux: Dark Matters Another DC shooter!!

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed May 09, 2012 12:34 pm

I never thought I'd be writing this again, potentially another DC shooter announced on Kickstarter if funding is approved. Looks like a sequel to DUX and from the screenshots it looks to be at an advanced stage of production - might even make that December deadline!!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/red ... -dreamcast

http://kck.st/JwGP74

Redux: Dark Matters is the up and coming space shooting game with fresh scoring elements and an incredible soundtrack composed by Andre Neuman featuring legendary video game composer Chris Huelsbeck (Turrican, R-Type). Featuring HD visuals with in-space, robot blasting, shooting game action. Developed by René Hellwig from NG:DEV.TEAM (GunLord, Fast Striker, Last Hope and DUX) and KTX Software (The Haunted: Hells Reach, Gem'X iOS).

Super Fine HD Visuals (HD Compatible Devices Only)
6 Stages with Huge Boss Enemies
Tons of Weapons
Arcade Gameplay and Addictive Scoring System
Highscore Table a. Game Center for iOS
Awesome Soundtrack Composed by Andre Neumann

KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN:
Our goal is to publish "Redux: Dark Matters" on STEAM, XBLA and PSN. To achieve this, we are offering a Kickstarter exclusive preorder for a Limited Edition of Redux on Sega Dreamcast. Only 1000 copies will be produced ever! It will only be available, right now, exclusively through this Kickstarter campaign.

The required devkits to release on STEAM, XBLA and PSN are costly - so we are offering an exclusive Sega Dreamcast version of Redux: Dark Matters to fund the development for these additional platforms. We want to bring Redux to as many people as possible. Pledging your support directly makes this a reality!

The Sega Dreamcast is one of our personal favorite video game systems. We thought, what better way to reach our goals than to offer something we know or fans would love: a limited edition Sega Dreamcast version! Help keep the Sega Dreamcast alive by preordering a copy of Redux: Dark Matters today!

Supporting our campaign not only helps keep the Dreamcast alive - but directly helps us bring Redux to more platforms and more people.

DUX 1.5 INCLUDED WITH THE LIMITED EDITION:
On top of Redux: Dark Matters, the long awaited DUX 1.5 for Sega Dreamcast is finally here and it is included with the Limited Edition of Redux: Dark Matters. DUX 1.5 is a refined and polished version of the original DUX released in 2009. This is the only time and place it will ever be available! Two new games in one limited edition set!

PLATFORM RELEASE SCHEDULE:
JULY 2012 - iOS/iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch

DECEMBER 2012 - Sega Dreamcast

TBA 2012 - STEAM, XBLA, & PSN

gmintyfresh

Re: Redux: Dark Matters Another DC shooter!!

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed May 09, 2012 12:38 pm

Breakdown of what your funding would get you:

Pledge $5 or more Pledge $5 or more 0 Backers
Pledge your support to bring Redux: Dark Matters to Sega Dreamcast, STEAM, XBLA & PSN. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Estimated Delivery: Dec 2012 Pledge $10 or more Pledge $10 or more 0 Backers
Pledge your support to bring Redux: Dark Matters to Sega Dreamcast, STEAM, XBLA & PSN. In return we will give you 10 MP3s from the soundtrack!

Estimated Delivery: Dec 2012 Pledge $25 or more Pledge $25 or more 1 Backer • Limited Reward (999 of 1000 remaining)
The MP3 version of the Complete Soundtrack Box Set. All music composed by Andre Neumann. Remixes are not included with the MP3 version and are only available with the hard version of the soundtrack box set listed below.

Estimated Delivery: Dec 2012 Pledge $55 or more Pledge $55 or more 0 Backers • Limited Reward (875 of 875 remaining)
The hard copy of the 4 CD Complete Soundtrack Box Set. All music composed by Andre Neumann including many remixes by various artists such as Chris Huelsbeck (Turrican, R-Type). All on an accomplished 4 CDs! Pledge total includes shipping worldwide.

Estimated Delivery: Dec 2012 Pledge $65 or more Pledge $65 or more 6 Backers • Limited Reward (869 of 875 remaining)
Redux: Dark Matters Limited Edition for Sega Dreamcast and DUX 1.5 for Sega Dreamcast (2 disc set)! Only 1000 copies will EVER be produced. Available exclusively on Kickstarter! Total includes shipping worldwide.

Estimated Delivery: Dec 2012 Pledge $100 or more Pledge $100 or more 1 Backer • Limited Reward (249 of 250 remaining)
Redux: Dark Matters Limited Edition for Sega Dreamcast and DUX 1.5 for Sega Dreamcast (2 disc set), and the 4 CD Soundtrack Box Set! Save $20 with this bundle! Total includes shipping worldwide.

Estimated Delivery: Dec 2012 Pledge $1,000 or more Pledge $1,000 or more 0 Backers • Limited Reward (3 of 3 remaining)
You'll receive a custom made Universal 'Redux: Dark Matters' Arcade Stick, compatible with the video game system(s) of your choice as well as your name in the credits of the game. Plus - Redux: Dark Matters Limited Edition for Sega Dreamcast signed by the developers. Plus - 4 CD Soundtrack Boxset signed by the composers, Andre Neumann and Chris Huelsbeck.

Estimated Delivery: Dec 2012

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed May 09, 2012 12:43 pm

Official page, man I should be on commission:

http://www.reduxgame.com/

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed May 09, 2012 2:11 pm

Release date: 2017 :wink:

Dam

Post by Dam » Wed May 09, 2012 3:37 pm

If you 'pledge' do you have to actually pay upfront? Its a nice idea, but I'm not sure I can pay $65 for a game which I might not see for a long time. On the other hand if I pledge and then in a years time when I've forgotten all about it I get a demand to pay out of the blue...

weakboson

Post by weakboson » Wed May 09, 2012 4:23 pm

You're charged at the end of the fund raising period (8th of June in this case) only if the target has been met.

I am tempted to pledge but I'd be worried that the XBLA version would never materialise. I could possibly go for the soundtrack or DC version, though, I'm not decided.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Wed May 09, 2012 4:26 pm

Bloody hell! If it plays as good as it looks (unlike Dux) then this game could be brilliant! :D
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Wed May 09, 2012 5:21 pm

Another DC homebrew shmup?
Logged out 15/07/2014.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Wed May 09, 2012 7:04 pm

You got a problem with that? :evil: :mrgreen:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Thu May 10, 2012 3:29 am

DreamcastRIP wrote:You got a problem with that? :evil: :mrgreen:
They're not all that good. Imo, some are very mediocre.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Thu May 10, 2012 3:29 am

retrojc wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:You got a problem with that? :evil: :mrgreen:
They're not all that good. Imo, some are very mediocre.
I think I may have confused some retail releases with homebrew. I will type back

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu May 10, 2012 9:00 am

The original Dux was cool, kind of an R-Type fans wet dream, Last Hope was quite average I thought but Pink Bullets was great and the game the original should have been all the time.

For me the best DC indie shooter is Fast Striker, hands down it feels most like a balanced arcade shooter. You can tell it was play tested to death.

I've got high hopes for Redux Hucast/NGDEV. seem to be learning more and from each release

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri May 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Wowsers! They've already raised $16,419 of the $25,000 target.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/red ... t?ref=card

:D :D :D

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri May 11, 2012 5:53 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:Wowsers! They've already raised $16,419 of the $25,000 target.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/red ... t?ref=card

:D :D :D
Surprising isn't it, was shocked to see that 2/3 of the $1000 packages have gone.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat May 12, 2012 9:41 pm

$20,584 of the targeted $25,000 now pledged. :D