Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

thl

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Post by thl » Tue May 01, 2012 7:08 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:MW2 was great but too easy to abuse with some of the game breaking perk combos (MLC), and as the months went past the onlines games just became crazy noob tube battles and everybody trying to play like Sandy Ravage.
Its a brilliant game and its probably a case of blaming the players rather than blaming the game. Lets not forget it was plagued by the god awful boosting scum bags who would ruin games just to boost their stats.
Joey wrote:I really disliked MW2 due to the over emphasis on kill streaks, constant boosting abuse and stuff like the care package and javelin glitches and hacked lobbies that ruined the game at the time. Not even the Treyarch games have had so much trouble as this.
Some interesting points there.

It did started off well as it promise to follow the trend of its predecessor. However, there's something not right about it. The killstreaks seem to have wipe off those multiplayer match where the air space are usually packed with two harriers and a helicopter. The tactical nuke was intriguing when I browsed the list and even though it requires 25 kills, I can't be bothered with it as it become utterly pointless. And yes it was ruined by a lot of hacking and cheating where random gamers adapted to those exploits to get away with high jump, constant kills, unlimited ammos and few others. Plus those who kept doing it shouldn't deserve to be playing online!

thl

Post by thl » Tue May 01, 2012 8:08 pm

The trailer is finally here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3tedlWs1XY

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Wed May 02, 2012 2:38 am

The killstreaks on MW2 just killed the game completely. Whilst I enjoyed the game up to a point, and it got me back into multiplay after a break of several years (yes, Team Fortress on dial up) - the killstreaks rendered the game a joke.

The same applied to BLOPS to a lesser degree and was why I didn't purchase MW3, stickly to BC2 then BF3 instead. I want to control the action, not have the console play the game for me.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

Joey

Post by Joey » Wed May 02, 2012 3:24 am

The new trailer looks great, certainly has a Metal Gear Solid feel to it.

Details emerging about the game sound interesting...

Jumps between the 80's and near future with a second Cold War between US and China. Also branching storylines in the single player campaign could add some replayability to it.

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Wed May 02, 2012 10:58 am

I am exceptionally impressed now I've seen the trophy and if they are indeed flitting between the 80s and 2025 then that'll be good fun. Enjoying the look of the horseback shooting though I hope we have some control and not "on rails" cos that spoiled Rebirth Island on veteran the cheapness of it with on rails tanks!!!!

I hope they get a nice even split, at least 6 missions in the 80's/old cold war would be good. Now all I want is a small weapons list and I can begin whetting my appetite for it.

PSN username - MartinPhantom

Joey

Post by Joey » Wed May 02, 2012 12:01 pm

^^^^

Listening to some audio of someone who was has seen it in action and they said in one part you take full controll of a Vitol Jet and fly over LA with no on-rails shennanigans.

James A

Post by James A » Wed May 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Looks like they've been watching Rambo 3 with the horses :D :D :D :D I wonder like in that if there will be a little bit saying on about honour of the brave mujahadeen fighters :D

O.k so ill admit its got me slightly curious. The 2025 looks interesting but as stated before MGS ish with what i think is a liberal sprinkling of Terminator Salvation. It'll be interesting to see what we get drip fed over the next few weeks. Could it be the big bold move ala COD4 to give the series the boot up the arse it needs?

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Wed May 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Watched the interview with the Treyarch bod - 1/3 of the game is 80's the other 2/3 is 2025, Woods and Mason will be returning and apparently the game will be a bit more sandbox with some of your decisions affecting the way the game pans out.

Sounds to me like Treyarch *ARE* giving it the boot up the arse it needs!

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Thu May 03, 2012 12:54 pm

1. Nazis.
2. Zombies.
3. Nazi Zombies.
4. ???

What's left to shoot?
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

crusto

Post by crusto » Thu May 03, 2012 2:22 pm

Freestyler wrote:1. Nazis.
2. Zombies.
3. Nazi Zombies.
4. ???

What's left to shoot?
Children :shock:

Eat your nans pants

Joey

Post by Joey » Thu May 03, 2012 3:43 pm

Future Chinese Nazi zombies obviously...

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Fri May 04, 2012 12:36 pm

I must be the only person who doesn't really like Zombies. I enjoy the story/gameplay so to speak, but it gets too hard for me to quickly and I also get bored of survival games VERY quickly when it's as tactical as SHOOT THEM ALL! Needs to use cover and tactics rather then just shoot them before they overwhelm you, I don't operate well in a hurry which is the atmosphere the Zombies create......

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Fri May 04, 2012 1:23 pm

RetroMartin wrote:I must be the only person who doesn't really like Zombies.
no your not,i couldn't get on with it either.i didn't get to play it with three others from the friends lists with mics though which might have made it more enjoyable.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

tachi

Post by tachi » Fri May 04, 2012 1:39 pm

CoD is all Single Player for me as I have poopy broadband and CoD sucks massive balls when it comes to its Campaigns...
I did like the Multiplayer for a good few months though, til I got sick of the run and gun gameplay.
Give me Rainbow 6 and a good, methodical squad to play with any day.
Greetings Mortal, Are You Ready To Die?