Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Joey

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Post by Joey » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:31 pm

So the new maps are pretty good as a whole.

Rush - Seems to be very popular and could be one of the best maps in the game. Feels almost like a COD4 map.

Cove - didn't like it at first at lots of corners to walk into an enemy. Reminds me of one end of Jungle on original Black Ops.

Uplink - Its the remake of Sunmit so you know it's good!

Detour - only plate a few games on this map but seems the weakest of the lot.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:35 pm

Joey wrote:So the new maps are pretty good as a whole.

Rush - Seems to be very popular and could be one of the best maps in the game. Feels almost like a COD4 map.

Cove - didn't like it at first at lots of corners to walk into an enemy. Reminds me of one end of Jungle on original Black Ops.

Uplink - Its the remake of Sunmit so you know it's good!

Detour - only plate a few games on this map but seems the weakest of the lot.
ha :D my first thoughts on Rush "seems like its from COD4"!!!!!

Cove is good and it looks great.

Uplink - Summit is one of the all time great COD maps, so its brilliant to see it come back, I do prefer the original snowy look though.

Detour - not sure, it's seems a bit messy and disjointed, not sure how well it will flow.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:07 pm

some good games this afternoon as THL and myself ignored the glorious sunshine to go on a great winning streak on the new maps!!

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Downloaded the map pack on Sunday. Have yet to even play it.

Joey

Post by Joey » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:25 pm

I'll be on later tonight though I have got back into playing BF Bad Company 2 again!

killbot

Post by killbot » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:01 pm

Just finished the campaign and I had a question about Mason. In the opening cinematic it's 1986 and he's stated to be seven years old. That would make him pushing 50 in 2025, but he looks barely 30. Did this strike anyone else as odd? It seemed so weird that I expected it to be a plot point, but apparently not.

Also, this game loses marks for having Avenged Sevenfold in it. I hate Avenged Sevenfold.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:18 am

just bought the latest map pack, its good but not the best.

POD - the best map in the pack, looks good and plays well.

FROST - reminds me of Berlin but a bit smaller, another good map.

TAKE OFF - update of Stadium, decent map but didn't think stadium was that highly rated to get an update. It's not in the same class as the likes of Firing Range and Summit that were always going to get an update.

DIG - an abomination, its right up there with the worst maps I have ever played. Never played much WAW so cant remember Courtyard too well but I don't remember it being this bad. I will give the map more time but at the moment it is almost broken. It is impossible to move as pretty much everybody is hiding behind walls and head glitching, never played a map more suited to campers and more hostile to run n gun. Lots of people are always cautious on new maps but Dig is ridiculous. I don't want to sit still and ADS but on dig it looks like there is no other option.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:51 am

from my forum:
koopa42 wrote:The new maps are possibly the best of the bunch. I love Pod and the Spaceship lift off one is my fave, Frost is good and has a Kingston Falls from Gremlins feel to it LOL The other one is rubbish, I can't even remember what it is.

edit:

It's Dig which is just a messy #### of doom, grenades flying everywhere and no cover at all

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:26 am

ha, great minds think alike :)

looking at some of the COD forums and very few people have a good word to say about Dig, it's always been voted against when it comes up in rotation.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:36 am

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:ha, great minds think alike :)

looking at some of the COD forums and very few people have a good word to say about Dig, it's always been voted against when it comes up in rotation.
It's the same as shipment form CoD4, OK a bit bigger but the reason for it is the same, grenade spamming and spawn killing

edit:

I went 29 for 2 using a MSMC with FMJ firing from the hip and using 2 grenades + scavenger, I felt dirty LOL I didn't ene move out of the corner I just sprayed and got at least 10 blindfire kills through walls

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:01 pm

shipment wasn't as cluttered as dig and with night vision you could see what was going on.

Anyway, I have followed your example of cheapness and just gone 18-7 on Dig, set up a class with the LSAT, full metal jacket and red dot sight, barley moved and just sprayed and prayed each time I thought I saw something move, got the sentry gun which helped cover me.

Joey

Post by Joey » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:44 pm

I love Dig but that's probably because I played (and still do play) a ton of WaW. Give it some time and I'm sure you'll see that its one of the easiest maps to get big kills in :)

Also I never usually touch the Zombie mode but this one is truly epic! It has Zombies in armour, huge mechs and a ridiculously good little story to wrap it all up in.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:31 pm

Joey wrote:I love Dig but that's probably because I played (and still do play) a ton of WaW. Give it some time and I'm sure you'll see that its one of the easiest maps to get big kills in :)

Also I never usually touch the Zombie mode but this one is truly epic! It has Zombies in armour, huge mechs and a ridiculously good little story to wrap it all up in.
will have to give that zombie mode a go, its sounds ace!

don't doubt you can kill big on dig, im just not sure its possible to do it while moving.

thl

Post by thl » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:44 am

As the PS3 and PC version is getting the Apocalypse Pack next week, there's another Double XP Weekend (for all platforms) starting from today until 23rd September.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:54 am

thl wrote:As the PS3 and PC version is getting the Apocalypse Pack next week, there's another Double XP Weekend (for all platforms) starting from today until 23rd September.
Ah good info, I'll fire it up for a few games this weekend then

edit:

hang on, standard XP or weapon XP? I only need to max weapons these day :?