Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

thl

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Post by thl » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:18 pm

Some good games I had with HalcyonDaze00 and Grizzly last night. Think Overflow was the highlight for us as we won comfortably with some very good scores. Plus it was the first time I played along with Grizzly as we got a win on Cargo.

Thankfully the double XP weekend is happening at the moment, so there's a chance for those who're willing to level up quickly.

Joey

Post by Joey » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:15 pm

Got a load of free ms points so downloaded the new map pack yesterday and had a few games with thl. Played 3 of the 4 multiplayer maps and I love the remake of Firing Range (can't remember what it's called?) but it has a really cool movie set aesthetic. I don't usually play the Zombie maps but I like the look of the new one set in Alcatraz.

I also had a go at making a decent emblem and came up with this...

thl

Post by thl » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:09 pm

Joey wrote:Got a load of free ms points so downloaded the new map pack yesterday and had a few games with thl. Played 3 of the 4 multiplayer maps and I love the remake of Firing Range (can't remember what it's called?) but it has a really cool movie set aesthetic. I don't usually play the Zombie maps but I like the look of the new one set in Alcatraz.
You mean Studio. Great to see the map back in this makeover and I'm really impressed by it. Did played on Magma and Encore too which was interesting. Haven't came across Vertigo at the moment.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:48 pm

Magma is an awesome map, easily one of the best COD maps there has been. It looks fantastic and plays really well too.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:38 am

Latest update added a new game mode that gives 150pts per kill ..... for getting scorestreak challenges and stuff. Limited time only and I think it's only core too.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sat May 04, 2013 12:30 pm

some good games last night with THL and Joey, think we won pretty much every match

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat May 04, 2013 3:40 pm

I'm actually improving a little bit at this game now. Impossible to be any worse than when i first played, i suppose. :lol:

My k/d ratio is still negative, but its creeping up slowly (about .84 or something atm.) I guess my really crap aim doesn't help things! Even my son grudgingly acknowledges my improvement and i've finished above him a good few times now. I even beat him once on a lan party of sticks and stones. That upset him....it really did! :mrgreen:

I've recently decided that lmg's are my tool of choice using the acog sight/suppressor attachment combo. I find most people who use lmg's seem to use target finder for mopping up large numbers of kills....but i seem to like to make things more difficult for myself. The acog sight is great for popping out those headshots, though. :D

Just working my way through sixth prestige as we speak. I'm getting there. :)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sat May 04, 2013 3:59 pm

well done for not using the target finder. most of the people who use it sit in a corner, looking down the sights, waiting for somebody to cross their path, awful way to play.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Sat May 04, 2013 4:09 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:well done for not using the target finder. most of the people who use it sit in a corner, looking down the sights, waiting for somebody to cross their path, awful way to play.
I rarely use any scopes these days ..... wastes a class slot IMO. I've said before that I don't get the hate for the TF though, you can combat it and it isn't that accurate TBH as it doesn't lock on. Cheap? a bit. Rage inducing? No.

Joey

Post by Joey » Sat May 04, 2013 5:32 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:some good games last night with THL and Joey, think we won pretty much every match

I replied in the other thread but I'll post it here...

Playing split screen, even on a 32", sucks! It's so hard to pick out targets at a distance.

I tried to get the dual screen 3D mode working, where you both see a separate full picture on the same screen, but couldn't get it to display correctly.

Still had some good games though. Me and brother in law were holding down rooms with a load of shock charges and Betty's... A lot if fun!

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Sun May 05, 2013 6:50 pm

Joey wrote:
HalcyonDaze00 wrote:some good games last night with THL and Joey, think we won pretty much every match

I replied in the other thread but I'll post it here...

Playing split screen, even on a 32", sucks! It's so hard to pick out targets at a distance.![/quote

yep have to agree split screen does suck have tried itwith my son and i just cant get my head around it.Was the same on gears of war aswell.I just tried to play some campaign as i havent bothered with it much and my saved game has disapeared so will have to start again.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sun May 05, 2013 8:16 pm

a few good games of kill confirmed last night with THL and THESHOPKEEPER (think that's JetSetWilly from here), got a crazy streak on Carrier where I got three Warthogs called in!

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sun May 05, 2013 8:53 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:a few good games of kill confirmed last night with THL and THESHOPKEEPER (think that's JetSetWilly from here), got a crazy streak on Carrier where I got three Warthogs called in!
Yeah, that was me. And I never Normally play that badly. Mind you, I haven't played it since the release of Uprising, as I've been plugging away on Colonial Marines. Did enjoy it last night, though. Can't wait to play again with you guys.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

thl

Post by thl » Sun May 05, 2013 10:55 pm

Joey wrote:Still had some good games though. Me and brother in law were holding down rooms with a load of shock charges and Betty's... A lot if fun!
We had some very good games on that night as we been cruising through Team Deathmatch. The win on Studio and Carrier has to be the highlight of the lot.
JetSetWilly wrote:
HalcyonDaze00 wrote:a few good games of kill confirmed last night with THL and THESHOPKEEPER (think that's JetSetWilly from here), got a crazy streak on Carrier where I got three Warthogs called in!
Yeah, that was me. And I never Normally play that badly. Mind you, I haven't played it since the release of Uprising, as I've been plugging away on Colonial Marines. Did enjoy it last night, though. Can't wait to play again with you guys.
It was a great session last night. Pity to lose out at the end of Studio, but we bounced back in the next few games. When it came to Carrier, we went riot and completely dominated that round. About time I called the stealth chopper too. Plus it got better at the end where I got triple kill with the RC-XD.

Well done guys! 8)

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Fri May 17, 2013 11:15 pm

great run of wins tonight with THL, we didn't lose a game.