Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

User avatar
koopa42
Posts: 5903
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:48 am
Location: Playing the victim apparently?

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Post by koopa42 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:13 am

I've played a good bit of Black C0cks II now and I have found:

Still contains the classic comedy deaths (but not as many as I remember from the MW games)
More cartoony graphically but also smooth and fast
Drivel really unless played with mates
Hardcore mode is the place to be .... everything else panders to the unwashed scum
I like LMGs

User avatar
aztecca
Posts: 5216
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Post by aztecca » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:18 am

Quite liking it myself the first cod game i have got into multiplayer online.I prefer the smaller maps myself and still to many people quickscoping.I still think gears of war is a bettet multiplayer game though.Have played a bit of campaign which is ok but not great and gave zombies a quick go but couldnt get my head around it.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

User avatar
boggyb68
Posts: 2194
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:56 am
Location: On the planet of the Wardrobe Monsters...

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Post by boggyb68 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:31 am

Am a good way through the single player mode (Just about to play a 2025 mission to capture Menendez)... have really enjoyed it.. only thing I didn't like was the strike missions.. just wasn't interested in controlling the battle and the ones I tried I seem to lose badly.. I think I once got to within 30 seconds of holding on until I would have won on one of them,.. Consequently Iran, India etc have joined SDC...

I will prob play through it again and play the strike stuff properly.. hopefully will change the main campaign so it pans out differently...

My son and I have been playing split screen to death too... :0)

Still haven't sorted wi-fi out at home so no multiplayer atm.. will hopefully get that sorted in the next month or so..

All in all I have enjoyed it though..

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

Image

User avatar
koopa42
Posts: 5903
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:48 am
Location: Playing the victim apparently?

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Post by koopa42 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:37 am

Oh yeah ..... Zombies? Unimpressed koopa is unimpressed

User avatar
RetroMartin
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Post by RetroMartin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:11 am

Haven't touched this in a while - only DID a while back because my save data corrupted with the last patch so had to redo the single player. Not interested in finishing off the multiplayer it's just lost it's shine (not that it had TOOOO much anyway) as it is the same, again, as expected lol!
Image

PSN username - MartinPhantom

User avatar
HalcyonDaze00
Posts: 4621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 pm

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:45 am

thl wrote:New map pack has been leaked:

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/12/possib ... -in-photo/
great news, awesome multiplayer as always, probably the best balanced so far. cant wait for this!

thl
Posts: 4427
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:52 am

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Post by thl » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:23 pm

New map pack preview is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwRSYWAOdGo

User avatar
HalcyonDaze00
Posts: 4621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 pm

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:49 pm

you been playing this on PC or PS3 thl? not seen you online for quite a bit

thl
Posts: 4427
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:52 am

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Post by thl » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:11 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:you been playing this on PC or PS3 thl? not seen you online for quite a bit
I been playing the PS3 version very often as I recently hit level 55. Have to say the online multiplayer has improved a lot and is probably my favourite at the moment.

Need to catch up with the 360 version as there's a lot of levelling up to do. Will be back on Xbox Live very soon.

User avatar
HalcyonDaze00
Posts: 4621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 pm

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:07 am

thl wrote:
HalcyonDaze00 wrote:you been playing this on PC or PS3 thl? not seen you online for quite a bit
I been playing the PS3 version very often as I recently hit level 55. Have to say the online multiplayer has improved a lot and is probably my favourite at the moment.

Need to catch up with the 360 version as there's a lot of levelling up to do. Will be back on Xbox Live very soon.
yeah, the online has always been brilliant but I think Black Ops 2 is the best so far. It is very well balanced and the little tweaks they have made have made the game more open.

Changed my scorestreaks last night, had been using UAV-Lightening Strike-Stealth Chopper, have now changed to Stealth Chopper-Orbital VSAT-Warthog, got it a few times too, once you have the Chopper you are sure to get the VSAT and Warthog. What scorestreaks have you been using?

User avatar
HalcyonDaze00
Posts: 4621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 pm

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:49 am

just got my new streak set-up twice in one game! finished 32-5 on Standoff, shame the 2nd Warthog didnt arrive until the last couple of kills.

User avatar
koopa42
Posts: 5903
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:48 am
Location: Playing the victim apparently?

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Post by koopa42 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:52 am

Diamond LMGs because that's how I roll

User avatar
HalcyonDaze00
Posts: 4621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 pm

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:58 am

haven't really bothered with the LMG's since the awesome RPD from Modern Warfare/MW2, would pay good money for the RPD to make a return as a DLC gun.

User avatar
koopa42
Posts: 5903
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:48 am
Location: Playing the victim apparently?

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Post by koopa42 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:32 pm

RPD was gash, L86 is teh boss!

The LMGs on Black C0cks II aren't up to those standard but it's still ace to wreck up a team with them. My fave is the MK48 .... which is odd because it's the first one available LOL

User avatar
slacey1070
Posts: 2838
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:20 am

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Post by slacey1070 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:39 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:
thl wrote:
HalcyonDaze00 wrote:you been playing this on PC or PS3 thl? not seen you online for quite a bit
I been playing the PS3 version very often as I recently hit level 55. Have to say the online multiplayer has improved a lot and is probably my favourite at the moment.

Need to catch up with the 360 version as there's a lot of levelling up to do. Will be back on Xbox Live very soon.
yeah, the online has always been brilliant but I think Black Ops 2 is the best so far. It is very well balanced and the little tweaks they have made have made the game more open.

Changed my scorestreaks last night, had been using UAV-Lightening Strike-Stealth Chopper, have now changed to Stealth Chopper-Orbital VSAT-Warthog, got it a few times too, once you have the Chopper you are sure to get the VSAT and Warthog. What scorestreaks have you been using?
In fairness Halcyon, you say the online CoD is the best EVERY year!!!

Pity there were no post xmas deals this year, or I'd have picked it up... but no way I'm spending £35+ on in...
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest