If one game could be remade for today...what would it be

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Hungry Horace

Post by Hungry Horace » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:32 pm

I'm sure any self respecting gamer will agree when I say, nay, DEMAND! decent remakes of...

CYBERNOID AND EXOLON. Get Cecco back on board.

Also, how about Where Time Stood still. Imagine the terror of the lost valley, a panic-stricken team with superb AI when left unsupervised and Xbox 360 polish for the dinosaurs. Frankly, the 'swamp monster' was a let down in the original version.

Imagine watching fat Clive fall through the bridge in glorious HD...
Get your own Gamercard Sig.

smila

Post by smila » Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:32 pm

there's remakes of both - exolon is in the testing phase at the mo and its bloody lovely - check it here

http://www.retroremakes.com/forum/showt ... eadid=4056
god created the sid chip so hubbard could make music

Ritchardo mkII

Post by Ritchardo mkII » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:48 am

A nice 3D version of Oh Mummy - imagine the terror of scurrying around an Egyptian tomb, turning the corner and finding a mummy lumbering towards you! Class.
Am I Not online? Try: www.cpczone.net

revgiblet

Re:

Post by revgiblet » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:53 am

Ritchardo mkII wrote:A nice 3D version of Oh Mummy - imagine the terror of scurrying around an Egyptian tomb, turning the corner and finding a mummy lumbering towards you! Class.
We have a winner!

Hungry Horace

Re:

Post by Hungry Horace » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:20 am

smila wrote:there's remakes of both - exolon is in the testing phase at the mo and its bloody lovely - check it here

http://www.retroremakes.com/forum/showt ... eadid=4056
Thanks for the tip. I've not checked Retro Remakes for far too long; it seems...
Get your own Gamercard Sig.

andy_taff

Re:

Post by andy_taff » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:09 pm

FishyFish wrote:Paradroid, 'nuff said. It would actually work very well in a full-on 3D version with a first-person perspective.

Or what about a Nights style update of Gribbly's Day Out?

Would love to see a Wally Week update too - Even a nice 2D version for one of the handhelds would be good.
Check this remake of 3 weeks in paradise http://www.specng.nu/

Mort

Post by Mort » Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:34 am

Erm,
Tau Ceti would be fantastic, a fps version of Fairlight and Fairlight II combined ! A nicely bump mapped etc etc version of Elite with all the old ships etc looking like the piccies in the Dark Wheel manual mmmm! :wink:
Blast another coupon missing, what`s on ebay!

Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:42 am

I would like to see a good remake of Ultimates Underwurlde (with a save game feature!!!!!!)

Also maybe some more imaginative remakes of some of the other UPTG classics

e.g there was a 3d remake of transam being done but I think its no longer being supported.

While the Sabrewulf remake is very good it has taken some of gameplay out of the game as it was made as a scrolling arcade adventure rather than a one room at a time affair meaning that potentially you can check all dead end rooms for map pieces without ever having to go into the rooms.
Retrotechy.
Zapp Brannigan Quote - You remind me of a younger me Fry, Not much younger mind, Perhaps even a little older... Image

Kaptain_Von

Post by Kaptain_Von » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:42 am

Possibly some slightly obscure choices but I would quite like to see the ST and Amiga game 'Time Bandit' remade. Quite a challenge at the time and I don't think I ever finished it. Okay, it wasn't graphically stunning but it was fun.

Another would be the C16 game Jet Brix. So simple in concept (Jet Pac meets Breakout) yet so horribly addictive. It would be ideal as a homebrew remake for handhelds.

...and finally...'Bad Company'. Yes it was a rip off of Space Harrier and Commando and moved at the speed of a paralysed snail but in these days of fast machines it could be given a speed boost and be quite a decent little shooter.
Cue the music, fade to black...
----------------------------------------------------------
http://kaptainskonfessions.blogspot.com/

forestville

Post by forestville » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:08 pm

where time stood still on the playstation 3 will be ultra cool 8)
Press play on tape

Randall Flagg

Re:

Post by Randall Flagg » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:13 pm

forestville wrote:where time stood still on the playstation 3 will be ultra cool 8)
Yeah but will it?

Unfortunately these days game makers spend so much time interpolating and smoothing 3d gfx that they never stop to ask if the game itself is worth all the effort they are going to.

I still can't really work out why games seem poorer than they did before. Perhaps its because we no longer play a game and say "Great Game, but wouldn't it be even better if they could.....". Now they can theres no reason to say it anymore and its kinda disapointing.
Retrotechy.
Zapp Brannigan Quote - You remind me of a younger me Fry, Not much younger mind, Perhaps even a little older... Image

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:12 am

Already said this in another thread, but an updated Ghostbusters would be fantastic!!

backdrifter

Post by backdrifter » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:51 am

I'd personally like a see a re-make of the Saturns Dark Savior. A souped up set of graphics, and an improved battle system would be nice.

BbBlair

remakes

Post by BbBlair » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:01 pm

im remaking sonic 2 sms any one could help if they know about gamemaker
game maker programming sonic in particular

Pious Augustus

Post by Pious Augustus » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:28 am

Earthbound Zero, but in Mother 2-style graphics. And with a vast amount of dialogue and the ABILITY TO ENTER MORE THAN ONE HOUSE PER VILLAGE.

Failing that, a remake of Actraiser would be sweeeet. Or any of the Enix RPGs, for that matter.
I am not your food today!

Currently playing: RE4, SMRPG, Chrono Trigger