Bomb Jack Ending?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Managarm

Bomb Jack Ending?

Post by Managarm » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:11 am

Hi Guys,

I've been replaying Bomb Jack on the Amstrad recently and started wondering if there's an ending or if it just loops forever. So I found a cracked version that gave infinite lives and despite playing for ages, there's no end in sight. That damn bird that follows you just gets quicker and I'm sure I've done over a hundred screens.

Does anyone know if there is an ending on any version, or is it a never ending cruel ordeal?

Thanks,
Rob.

ivarf

Re: Bomb Jack Ending?

Post by ivarf » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:28 am

An excellent game on the Amstrad. We used to play it and got rather good at it, scores around 500 000. The game loops and get faster and faster. I assume it goes on like this. We tried with an infinite lives patch too and in the end it got impossibly fast. Still a very nice game though. BTW, nice avatar :)

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:52 am

No, it's just a never ending 'cruel ordeal' as you put it. :lol:

Most arcade style games of that ilk are, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, etc.... you play them to see how long you can keep going for high scores, not to try and get to the end because there isn't one. :) Not counting 'kill screens' of course. :wink:
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Managarm

Post by Managarm » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:03 am

Thanks for the reply. I think I might carry on with the infinite lives cheat and see if it gets so fast towards the end that the computer either melts or rips a hole in time.

Love the Roland games, although weirdly he looks different in nearly all of them.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:13 am

I found the same with Gauntlet etc then remembered they were based on score beating than actually ending the game. Does mean that ultimately you achieve no point , but then that in itself was the point. I've lost count of the times I've played Pac man , Chuckie Egg and many many more.

People moan about time-sink games like Final fantasy etc but these games have probably done much the same thing to many people - difference is there is a conclusion to FF. Either way - Bomb Jack is still a great little game and guilty of 'killing' many hours of mine too.Amazing how you can make a competition out of games like that.