Best Xbox 360 Games (Retail & XBLA)

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Budly Moore

Re: Best Xbox 360 Games (Retail & XBLA)

Post by Budly Moore » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:28 pm

Retail - Lost Odessey
XBLA - Geometry Wars 2

Its a bit greedy to do a massive list, these 2 are tops though.

Misery

Post by Misery » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:28 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote: Double Dragon (but dont think you can buy this anymore)
There seem to be a few of these, the ones that it just wont let you have.

I keep trying to purchase Xevious. ......because it's freaking Xevious! But the damn thing ABSOLUTELY REFUSES TO DO IT every goddamn time, despite it BEING ON THE STORE.

And there are a few others that I've heard do this.

Pretty freaking stupid.... if you're gonna not let people buy something, TAKE IT DOWN ALL THE WAY, dont LEAVE it there!

ChipTune

Post by ChipTune » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:14 pm

Misery wrote:

I keep trying to purchase Xevious. ......because it's freaking Xevious! But the damn thing ABSOLUTELY REFUSES TO DO IT every goddamn time, despite it BEING ON THE STORE.

Pretty freaking stupid.... if you're gonna not let people buy something, TAKE IT DOWN ALL THE WAY, dont LEAVE it there!

Just pick up the namco museum collection for the 360, it has xevious (the xbla version) as well as loads of other amazing stuff on there.. goes for peanuts too..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Namco-Museum-Vi ... 850&sr=8-1

crusto

Post by crusto » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Everyone needs to add Dark Souls to their lists.

Eat your nans pants

killbot

Post by killbot » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:01 pm

The Angry Jock wrote:
slacey1070 wrote:I've put in too many hours on bf3...I enjoy it... But... Bc2 is head and shoulders the better game. Dice have just tried to re make cod... And that's a pity.
I've got around 120 hours on it, the new "fixes" have made a poor game terrible...after this morning I've had it. If they've fixed the SP loading problem I'll go back and finish the campaign, then it's going up the loft so I can't put it on for a razz.
You've spent 120 hours playing a game you consider poor? That's five whole days of your life. Why would you do that?

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:25 am

The Angry Jock wrote:
slacey1070 wrote:I've put in too many hours on bf3...I enjoy it... But... Bc2 is head and shoulders the better game. Dice have just tried to re make cod... And that's a pity.
I've got around 120 hours on it, the new "fixes" have made a poor game terrible...after this morning I've had it. If they've fixed the SP loading problem I'll go back and finish the campaign, then it's going up the loft so I can't put it on for a razz.
I raged at the patch to start with, its created more problems, but I'm playing differently and although its more frustrating, in short bursts its good... Changing claymores was a mistake. Lovibg using crappy weapons... Lot of fun in killing people with a virtual pea shooter.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:29 am

hmm, this list more is a list of those that i've spent the most time with, they are not necessarily the best games

Deadly Premonition
Oblivion
Bulletstorm
Dungeon Siege III
Mass Effect 1 and 2

and i'm probably forgetting a few

on xbox live a couple of great arcade titles

Final Fight Double Impact
Pacman CE
Street Fighter III

Misery

Post by Misery » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:46 am

ChipTune wrote:
Misery wrote:

Just pick up the namco museum collection for the 360, it has xevious (the xbla version) as well as loads of other amazing stuff on there.. goes for peanuts too..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Namco-Museum-Vi ... 850&sr=8-1

I cant, mine's a JP unit. The NA unit that I also had, I never used, so I gave it to my cousin. .....I thought the Namco Museum was an Arcade title though? I know it was a PSN title for PS3. I can download XBLA games and they'll work fine (but I CANT download a game that was originally on disc; found Raiden 4 on there, for download, grabbed it..... STILL region locked. They region lock DOWNLOADS. But not of XBLA games, only the retail ones).

skylarking

Post by skylarking » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:42 pm

Misery wrote:I cant, mine's a JP unit. The NA unit that I also had, I never used, so I gave it to my cousin. .....I thought the Namco Museum was an Arcade title though? I know it was a PSN title for PS3. I can download XBLA games and they'll work fine (but I CANT download a game that was originally on disc; found Raiden 4 on there, for download, grabbed it..... STILL region locked. They region lock DOWNLOADS. But not of XBLA games, only the retail ones).
Some games are region free so you might be OK. Namco Museum on the 360 is a disc title, it has all of Namco's XBLA games when it was released, plus lots of other Namco arcade games (albeit without any achievements".
ENTER IF YOU DARE
PRESS ANY KEY

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:51 am

XBLIG
Dead Pixels!!!!
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

dste

Post by dste » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:14 am

This is a good thread for me as I've never been sure what games to pick up for the 360. Around my way it's always the same games in every shops which are always the ones that I'm not bothered about playing.

I currently own Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon. Are there any other RPG like games that I should look at owning?
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:31 am

skylarking wrote:
Misery wrote:I cant, mine's a JP unit. The NA unit that I also had, I never used, so I gave it to my cousin. .....I thought the Namco Museum was an Arcade title though? I know it was a PSN title for PS3. I can download XBLA games and they'll work fine (but I CANT download a game that was originally on disc; found Raiden 4 on there, for download, grabbed it..... STILL region locked. They region lock DOWNLOADS. But not of XBLA games, only the retail ones).
Some games are region free so you might be OK. Namco Museum on the 360 is a disc title, it has all of Namco's XBLA games when it was released, plus lots of other Namco arcade games (albeit without any achievements".
which weirdly you can't install onto the hard drive... that was annoying as the disc keeps spinning! Good disc though... picked up for less than a fiver....
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:40 am

^^ I have a game you can't install as well - Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:25 am

killbot wrote:You've spent 120 hours playing a game you consider poor? That's five whole days of your life. Why would you do that?
Most of that time is playing with friends, 120 hours over 6 months isn't that much, I clocked in 950+ hours on BC2 in 18 months....which is probably why I gave BF3 the benefit of the doubt....what a mistake.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:32 am

The Angry Jock wrote:
killbot wrote:You've spent 120 hours playing a game you consider poor? That's five whole days of your life. Why would you do that?
Most of that time is playing with friends, 120 hours over 6 months isn't that much, I clocked in 950+ hours on BC2 in 18 months....which is probably why I gave BF3 the benefit of the doubt....what a mistake.
I played 10,000 games of halo 3.

Each game averages at 10 minutes

100,000 minues....

almost 70 straight days.... censored YEAH