The Game Gadget

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

fujiHunter

Re: The Game Gadget

Post by fujiHunter » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:10 am

commanderkaiser wrote:I wouldn't believe everything they say, I take that press release with a pinch of salt, for me it sounds like they have struggled with sales slashed the price and released that press statement to convince people they won't be buying into a failing product and that those who already have done needn't be worried
Lorfarius wrote:If that's the case why did Nintendo slash the price of the 3DS so quickly? It wasn't because of demand but because it was doing so poorly. Seemed to work for them luckily and I suspect the GG is having the price drop to pump some life into sales.
I'll be honest and say that I am also sceptical about the explanation given for the price cut. However, without access to the numbers of units sold no-one will ever know for sure. Whatever the reason, at least Blaze are moving in the right direction.

I guess the next thing is the big reveal of their online shop and what games are available and at what prices! Think I read somewhere May 1st is launch day...

zapiy

Post by zapiy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:37 am

At £59.99 its much more attractive to me, i was always going to get one but just could not part with the best part of £80 before i see what the store offers..

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:56 pm

zapiy wrote:At £59.99 its much more attractive to me, i was always going to get one but just could not part with the best part of £80 before i see what the store offers..
Yeah, that's what most I know are saying...like with Jerry Maguires 'show me the money'...people are keen to get on board, myself included...but they have to 'Show me the games!' Until then it's a bit of dosh to fork out for no software. I'm sure many computer savvy people will be able to load it with games in other ways...I'm not that smart :lol:

Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:04 am

It's frustrating to say the least. Looking at those MD games you would think you had just bought one of the Blaze MD handhelds :shock:
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:26 am

Lorfarius wrote:It's frustrating to say the least. Looking at those MD games you would think you had just bought one of the Blaze MD handhelds :shock:
Could be much worse, they could all be NES games . . .

:shock:

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:48 am

Jagfest_UK wrote:
Lorfarius wrote:It's frustrating to say the least. Looking at those MD games you would think you had just bought one of the Blaze MD handhelds :shock:
Could be much worse, they could all be NES games . . .

:shock:
Or Jaguar games...... :lol:
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:08 am

Nemesis wrote:Or Jaguar games...... :lol:
That really would be a shock seen as nobody has even managed to emulate the Jaguar properly yet :wink:

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:50 am

Jagfest_UK wrote:
That really would be a shock seen as nobody has even managed to emulate the Jaguar properly yet :wink:
Really?! Wow didn't realise that. I thought the Saturn was a devil to emulate due it's custom hardware. Still I guess the same issue exist for the Jaguar too. Let's hope the Gamegadget does come of age when the store opens in May (supposedly)
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:08 am

Nemesis wrote:
Jagfest_UK wrote:
Really?! Wow didn't realise that. I thought the Saturn was a devil to emulate due it's custom hardware. Still I guess the same issue exist for the Jaguar too. Let's hope the Gamegadget does come of age when the store opens in May (supposedly)
Yep you have to emulate 7 different processors (6 of them custom) as well as the various hardware bugs too. Not to mention the fact the Jag dosn't even have a CPU.

The emulators that are out there can only emulate the more simple games and 16-bit ports, none of the really great stuff or CD games.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:28 pm

^ To be honest they can't even run some of the simple stuff. I've never got Zoop to work properly in either Project Tempest or Virtual Jaguar.
There's certainly no Jag emu as far down the line as SSF is for the Saturn but then that has only three main processors (two of them identical) and less buggy hardware.

subzero

Post by subzero » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:12 pm

i was playing wolfenstien 3d and doom on my GG earlier!

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:59 pm

subzero wrote:i was playing wolfenstien 3d and doom on my GG earlier!
If you were p[laying the Jag versions then they must have been awfully slow and glitchy

subzero

Post by subzero » Tue May 01, 2012 3:55 am

dont know which version they were but they were smooth as silk....

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Tue May 01, 2012 8:54 am

subzero wrote:dont know which version they were but they were smooth as silk....
Not the Jag versions then as they play badly when emulated on a PC let alone a handheld.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri May 04, 2012 5:54 am

And an update...Nothing! May 1st 'deadline' for the store came and went...followed by another promise and another delay...But apparantly THIS time they've got it, and it WILL be up and running tomorrow for sure, if anyone wants to go and have a look.
I tell you, if the store is there and it's only those ****ing same MD games with a message 'more coming soon'...I think I will give up and get an old PSP instead! Or go full hog and get a Vita :lol: