The Game Gadget

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

subzero

Re: The Game Gadget

Post by subzero » Mon May 28, 2012 5:26 am

hahaha thanks, some of the original words have been removed by the swear filter tho!

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Mon May 28, 2012 6:00 am

My mistake, apparantly I am banned! That's BS, I fell on my sword and asked to be deleted! :lol:

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Mon May 28, 2012 7:33 am

Sent a quick message to Games TM, suggesting an update on the GG.
Got a nice reply from Ashley Day, saying they were thinking of doing just that.
So- Customers of GG, or ex-customers, feel free to send your stories to Ashley, it may help him in a review of the system. Interesting footnote is that Blaze promised to send him one to review, and haven't yet...

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Mon May 28, 2012 10:19 am

It would appear Blaze are modelling themselves on Sony.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon May 28, 2012 11:25 am

Big shame about the Game Gadget. Been watching from the shadows hoping this would be a great little unit for retro gaming, but sadly doesnt seem to be that way and their customer PR is a total nightmare. Staying well clear of this one

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon May 28, 2012 12:29 pm

Ill wait till its a fiver.
the parrot needs something new to poop on

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Mon May 28, 2012 1:25 pm

kiwimike wrote:Sent a quick message to Games TM, suggesting an update on the GG.
So- Customers of GG, or ex-customers, feel free to send your stories to Ashley, it may help him in a review of the system. Interesting footnote is that Blaze promised to send him one to review, and haven't yet...
I would like to see article on this from somebody within the media, however, I suspect that they wouldn't glean much information from Blaze themselves as all their employees would be under instruction.
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Mon May 28, 2012 2:50 pm

Nemesis wrote:
kiwimike wrote:Sent a quick message to Games TM, suggesting an update on the GG.
I would like to see article on this from somebody within the media, however, I suspect that they wouldn't glean much information from Blaze themselves as all their employees would be under instruction.
True...but I've invited him to check out this forum for a start, explained some of the issues some have had, and explained their outrageous latest attempts at 'damage control'...and if anyone wants to add something they should fire some info their way-they get enough info of that nature it WILL let them know something is up regardless of what Blaze's propaganda tells them...and they do sound a little exasperated waiting for the GG from Blaze to review so I get the feeling they may have had their suspicions all wasn't well anyway.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Mon May 28, 2012 5:00 pm

An update from Ashley at Games Tm...'weirdly', as they said, they have suddenly received an email from Blaze and may have a unit to review...! So watch that space I guess.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Mon May 28, 2012 5:35 pm

How seemingly appropriate they've now given Doom away as freeware for the Game Gadget...

Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon May 28, 2012 5:55 pm

^ "I am a moderator for the forum dedicated to the Glorious People's Democratic Republic of Game Gadget.

BANHAMMER!!! BANHAMMER!!! BANHAMMER!!!"

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Mon May 28, 2012 6:51 pm

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Tue May 29, 2012 3:53 am

DreamcastRIP wrote:Image
...And I'll be his age when the first Amiga game appears on the GG... :wink:

flying_delorean81

Post by flying_delorean81 » Tue May 29, 2012 5:59 am

DPrinny wrote:Ill wait till its a fiver.
the parrot needs something new to poop on
This made me chuckle. I'd like to request everyone post pics of their pets pooping on their Game Gadgets :lol:
My Instagram: @caveofpixels
My Facebook: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My Tumblr: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My DeviantART page: caveofpixels.deviantart.com

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Tue May 29, 2012 7:03 am

Emailled Games Master mag and suggested an update to their initial review too.
And noticed a guy from Eurogamer has appeared on the GG forum looking to borrow a machine for a review, as Blaze has not got back to them... :lol:
Better be a good review or he'll get banned as well... :wink: